Coming soon Zenfone 2 .. and what a phone!

casualbiker

Dunno. What you two are looking at. It has band 1 LTE and SD storage : http://m.gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_2_ze551ml-6917.php

Click expand for all networks

http://www.asus.com/Phones/ZenFone_2_ZE551ML/

Maybe you're getting confused with the Zenfone 5 LTE which doesn't show band 1 LTE (2100)

Edited by casualbiker

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dunno. What you two are looking at. It has band 1 LTE and SD storage : http://m.gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_2_ze551ml-6917.php

Maybe you're getting confused with the Zenfone 5 LTE which doesn't show band 1 LTE (2100)

The gsm link shows the 2100 band, but the Asus link shows no 2100 band. It does say specs vary by country.

The gsm link shows the 2100 band, but the Asus link shows no 2100 band. It does say specs vary by country.

To be fair I've never actually seen the Zen 5 LTE in the shops so haven't checked. I'm waiting for the Zen 2 now, unless something else nice turns up. Currently happy with my Moto G.

Interesting, the latest press releases make it appear the base model of the zenfone 2 is hardly much different to the current zenfone 5. New design and bigger battery, but otherwise same camera, same chipset, same screen size and resolution. Looks like the substantial upgrades are on the bigger more expensive models only.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Full-specs-sheet-for-the-5-inch-199-Asus-ZenFone-2-leaks-out_id66138

Zenfone 2 looks great.

AFAIK it's the second Android device with 64 bit CPU. I've been looking at Nexus 9 but didn't want to be a guinea pig with all this new tech they stuffed inside, I also like the CD card slot on my phones for music, etc...

So now companies will start optimizing their apps to utilize the 64 bit CPU and in about a year time it might be worthy. :D

I guess there will be a lot of slightly used Zenphone 5's for sale in March...including mine. The bigger battery is a major attraction for me. The current Zenphone 5's battery is really it's only weak point. I travel a lot and hate seeing my battery below 20%, so I usually have to bring along a battery pack. I used to have a Lenovo P780 with a 4000 mAh battery and it was great never having to worry about running low on power.

Actually, I'll probably try to curb my compulsion to purchase the "2" until it's been out for several months...let the inevitable, new model bugs get worked out first.

Was there any indication that ASUS planned to also upgrade the Z4 & Z4.5 phones?

I checked out the 4.5 alongside the 5 when I bought it, it felt considerably inferior, not least because of the low pixel screen.

I'm quite pleased the 5 isn't being upgraded much actually as it gives me little incentive to replace it just for an extra 20% on the battery (this has been downgraded too as they initially spoke of a 3000mAh, now it's 2500). Aside from the battery being underpowered (and I've kind of got used to managing it now) this phone is really very good indeed.

Edited by lamyai3

I think I gonna buy one as well, not sure if to get the 5" or 5.5".

My IQ4 has a divided internal storage which drives my nuts, one is 1gb (internal) and the the devise storage is 1.5gb.

Now the internal is totally clogged up, I moved as many aps as possible and use clean master but still not very good.

Time has come to get a new phone but the IQ have been good I must say.

I am willing to spend up to 10k baht, which one should I get?

I think I gonna buy one as well, not sure if to get the 5" or 5.5".

My IQ4 has a divided internal storage which drives my nuts, one is 1gb (internal) and the the devise storage is 1.5gb.

Now the internal is totally clogged up, I moved as many aps as possible and use clean master but still not very good.

Time has come to get a new phone but the IQ have been good I must say.

I am willing to spend up to 10k baht, which one should I get?

These days 10K Baht buys a lot. Just in the last 6 months, many more lower priced phones have 8 GB rom and minimum 1 GB RAM, 10K Baht will get you 2gb ram, 16 ROM on some models including the Zenphone 5. Finally, most of the major chain stores (JMart, Power Buy, TG) are displaying specs in English so comparing phones is easier. Go to some some of those shops and see which phones appeal to you...so many shapes and sizes now including several 6 inch monsters.

Might be good to wait a month or two, most manufacturers seem to be on the verge of rolling out new models with more features for less money. A lot more models with 4G LTE will be out there soon as well.

Along with the ASUS phones, the new MOTOROLA G's, both 1st and 2nd generation are a very good value. Hard to find in stores in Thailand but available online from Lazada and others. I bought a Moto G (1st gen.) for my GF from Lazada and it arrived in less than a week. Great phone already upgraded to Lollypop.

Edited by dddave

Just bought an Asus zenfone 5 through Lazarda. Good efficient service from them. Nice phone with some good features but two issues. Very poor battery life and the volume control has just gone very low. Currently I am viewing an Indian Q & A forum on Asus products. The battery issue appears to be a common thread. Any ideas/comments.

There are volume controls: SETTINGS>SOUND>VOLUMES. If this does not help, make sure the volume control rocker didn't get pushed down...maybe stuck on "Low"

The first case I had for my Zenphone-5 (NORTH case from Lazada) muffled the speaker and ringer volume on my phone. Also, the round front window is open, no clear plastic resulting in many pocket calls to the last previously called number. Got rid of it.

Just bought an Asus zenfone 5 through Lazarda. Good efficient service from them. Nice phone with some good features but two issues. Very poor battery life and the volume control has just gone very low. Currently I am viewing an Indian Q & A forum on Asus products. The battery issue appears to be a common thread. Any ideas/comments.

Is there a time period in which you can return the phone? If so you'd be better to wait one month and get the new version with the bigger battery.

The first case I had for my Zenphone-5 (NORTH case from Lazada) muffled the speaker and ringer volume on my phone. Also, the round front window is open, no clear plastic resulting in many pocket calls to the last previously called number. Got rid of it.

I really like the nillkin case with this phone, very well designed and snug fit. It has the clear plastic window (rectangular) and proper windows for the speakers etc. And it's protected the phone great when I've accidentally dropped it!

prices in article are in New Taiwan dollar

so Baht prices would be

5" 2gb 1.8ghz 5,200

5.5" 2gb 16gb 1.8ghz 6,230

5.5" 2gb 32gb 1.8ghz 7,260

5.5" 4gb 32gb 2.3ghz 9,340

all prices are taiwan prices converted to Baht, so could be more once they get here.

• 4 weeks later...

"Out of stock" if it ever was in stock.

Last I read, they are due to appear in Thailand 'in May' but I reckon people are already keeping an eye open for them?

That's why i don't like Lazada and buy nothing from this shop. A lot of the stuff they sell is importet. That means; No Warranty Provided

So, you have a problem with the device? Throw it away.

I agree and never bough anything for them.

Well the Zen phone 2 should be in the real shops when I return to Thailand in June, I hope.

Under 9000 for the 2GB one, sounds good to me, don't need 4.

That's why i don't like Lazada and buy nothing from this shop. A lot of the stuff they sell is importet. That means; No Warranty Provided

So, you have a problem with the device? Throw it away.

But don't they actually tell you if it has a warranty or not.. What's the problem?

I have bought a few things from Lazada. And very happy!

^^^ Agree totally... They are very up front that it is imported and can not provide warranty...

This item is not ready available in Thailand yet - If you want a local warranty you will just have to wait.

But if you are an early adopter this is a great place to get a phone smile.png