F1 2015

Mosha

This weekends race is in doubt due to the haze from fires in the region. The medevac chopper will be grounded.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/motorsport/72051139/singapore-grand-prix-in-doubt-owing-to-indonesian-forest-fires-smoke

Given that it's Singapore and they still have few days to go. Singapore might just make a new hospital inside the F1-area. Or they simply clear a route to a F1 standard hospital so that there is no need for chopper transportation?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe the "Benz" Team turned down the cars for qualifying to make the Engines last longer...

If you are happy with your engine performance why race it when there is no need, anyway we will should know in 2 and a half hours... the only time this afternoon that being first, ...and second counts is Q3.

Maybe the "Benz" Team turned down the cars for qualifying to make the Engines last longer...

If you are happy with your engine performance why race it when there is no need, anyway we will should know in 2 and a half hours... the only time this afternoon that being first, ...and second counts is Q3.

It's the first time in the season there hasn't been a Benz on the front row at the conclusion of FP3 - so if you're right, it's a new strategy. I'll still be keeping my fingers crossed ;)

I don't think they're gambling, I think they're just off the pace on this track.

They were behind both the Ferrari and Red Bull's on their long run pace on Friday as well - by a couple of tenths. Now 1.5s off the qualifying pace. They haven't turned their engines down either - they were fastest in the speed traps..

My guess is they're just not getting the tires to work - both Ferrari and RB's had better cornering speeds at Monza , now again at Singapore.

Perhaps they're working towards a 2 stop instead of 3? If they are, that *is* gambling, given the super soft's speed on this track, and that there's just so many ways a stops based strategy can go wrong - especially on a track that is almost guaranteed to see a safety car - and they haven't demonstrated any better tire life than anyone else out there. Actually, after writing that, it's just too unlikely.

The only real question that remains now is, can Ricciardo's team devise an undercut strategy that gets him in front of Vettel? That's going to be very hard. Vettel has pole on a track that's notoriously hard to pass on - so he's going out on a super soft / super soft / soft strategy for sure. It's highly unlikely an SS/S/SS strategy from Ricciardo will do it get him there, as his first stint will be done on similar life SS's to Vettel,

I think it's pretty clear this is going to be a race decided in the pits, but I predict some interesting, yet fruitless, battles.

My last post was before I heard the race analysis and port race driver and team quotes...

All at Mercedes seem to be singing from the same hymn book, the tyres just did not work for them.

Lewis, if he was upset he hid it well, in all honesty I think he is really looking forward to the race, if anyone can overtake it is him.

Nico, seemed miffed but not that much...

Toto, shrugged his shoulders, it was the tyres, but do not count us out of the race, a podium or ...two will be a bonus.

Going to be an exciting race...

It has all the right ingredients for a stonking great race tonight. Lewis looked like he had had the best qualifying ever even though he was left 5th on the grid. Sometimes as they say winning isn't everything wink.png

I never really liked Vettel until I saw him on an old Top Gear and he came across as a really great, genuine guy and he showed it again yesterday after Q3. He was just what Ferrari needed after the wasted years of Alonso who must be kicking himself stupid now.

I can't see Jenson staying around in F1 next year and think he will go and join Webber at Porsche, which will be a shame

Roll on tonight ! thumbsup.gif

Not much about him other than he is 27 and maybe a Brit sad.png... thought he would be in court today... maybe tomorrow as they have 48 hours.

The smiley I would have used to depict his actions (wrist) aint on this sitegiggle.gif

But more to the point how the "H" did he get on the circuit in the first place???

Was British... sad.png

Singapore charges Briton over Grand Prix track intrusion

A British national who wandered onto the track at the Singapore Grand Prix on Sunday has been charged with committing a "rash act".

Yogvitam Pravin Dhokia, 27, was seen walking along the side of the Marina Bay Circuit and taking photographs while the race was under way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/34322056

Unemployed, used up all his money to get to Singapore, can not afford the £7,000 (35,000THB) bail bah.gif

Do they still do Caning in Singapore??? gigglem.gif

Myself as a Brit speaking (and I have a real British name), this is really embarrassing.

I would like to state that this donkey in no way whatsoever represents me or my country.

Yes, cane the pillock.

If he had been a Finn, I would had just laughed and felt a bit sorry for what happens to the guy afterwards. The same I think about the incident when I learned that he is a Brit.

There is not really a reason to feel shame due what the people from our countries do as individuals.

Well, I think he needs putting away for his own good.

Sorry, but its true.

I do feel shame when Brits do silly things, not sure exactly how British this wierdo is though.

Good for the UK if they refuse to let him back in rolleyes.gif

just a thought, not much said about where he is from in the UK, bit strange normally every tabloid would have the s__t on him by now if he lived in the UK, he has been described as a British National not British Citizen and there is a difference, assuming he is a British National (Overseas) that was created for British Overseas Territories Citizens living in Hong Kong when HK was handed over otherwise they would have been stateless, name Dhokia is of Indian origin so possibly of an Indian Family living in HK.

Alonso radio comments

"I'm being passed down the straights like a GP2. This is embarrassing, very embarrassing."

and

"GP2 engine, GP2"

In after race interview with David Coulthard Ron Denis asked about radio coments by both his drivers, Said:

"Do I condone it? No. Am I going to go ballistic? No. I will handle it in my own way and my way is not in public."

In a very frank and and long interview Ron pointed out Button had a two year contract ans Alonso had a three year contract and they would not release them from their contracts.

Also went onto to their relationship with Honda pointing out that hands were tied with restrictions on development work, saying to DC "in your days as a driver we would have been out there testing 3 days a week every week of the year".

I must say. I have slowly become a big fan of Vettel. This is not because of his wins, but the way he acts.

After the Singapore race he stopped the Ferrari photo session and wanted that also Räikkönen should be on the scoreboard. The photo session continued when Räikkönen's P3 was added to the board.

Vettel is intelligent as a F1 driver gets. He has sharp sense of humour.

When he joined Ferrari, the whole team changed to more dynamic way. Of course the large portion of the change can be dedicated to new team leader and getting rid of Montezemolo. Ferrari renewed itself and became doers team, instead of being a suits team. That's why we see the results.

Overall Vettel is a good hearted and funny guy. This naturally does not mean that he should be weak when it comes to the competition itself.

Was Lewis wrong to push Nico off the race track?

Lewis had a better start and was a little ahead and had the racing line, if Nico had slowed down a touch and tucked in behind Lewis he would not have lost 3 places, to be fair Mercedes do let the drivers race and Nico and the team did a splendid job in getting back to P2.

Much of the problems stem back to Q3 yesterday, had not Daniil Kvyat caused a red flag that cut short the final runs Lewis may well have been on pole.

Yep, it was a race with so many different possible outcomes had Kvyat not completely ruined qualifying, and Massa and Ricciardo weren't put a lap behind because of that unfortunate clash off the line.

Still, some good performances by Hulkenberg and Verstappen in an otherwise predictable race from about lap 12 onwards.

The revised provisional calendar in full:

March 20 - Australia
April 3 - Bahrain
April 17 - China
May 1 - Sochi
May 15 - Spain
May 29 - Monaco
June 12 - Canada
June 19 - Baku (race start to be scheduled to avoid conflict with the conclusion of the 24 Hours of Le Mans)
July 3 - Austria
July 10 - Britain
July 24 - Hungary
July 31 - Germany
August 28 - Belgium
September 4 - Italy
September 18 - Singapore
October 2 - Malaysia
October 9 - Japan
October 23 - USA
November 6 - Mexico
November 13 - Brazil
November 27 - Abu Dhabi

https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/latest/headlines/2015/9/f1-2016-calendar-revised-cars-louder.html Plus louder cars and other rule changes

Bit Silly not having Malaysia and Singapore Back2Back as they have only to move the gear down the road... facepalm.gif

Edited by Basil B

I'm all for a bigger calendar and more races... but more noise? come on FIA. What we need is more speed, and more strategy variables - like free choice of tires (why not have 3-4 suppliers just like engines?), and re-introduce refuelling so the slower teams can at least put on a show with some lightweight, high grip laps...

The past few years it's been tire managed endurance racing.

It's 2015 not 1980.

Edited by IMHO

I have to agree. They have spent to many years trying to slow the cars down and somehow try and make F1 green. It must really P!ss off the drivers when they know they can go far faster but have to sit back and manage the tyres rather than race. Bring back sticky tyres like they used to use and as said bring back refueling so the slower cars can race the faster ones. They need to bring F1 back as the pinnacle of motor racing like it once was