Ms Yingluck will defend herself against the impeachment bid

Lite Beer

"Yingluck can answer the assemblymen's questions right away."

An assumption of ability not justified by any earlier events.

Gonna be a pleasure to see her mess it up miserably like her interviews, written out speeches. Maybe she'll incriminate herself or deliver a freudian slip... she isn't the brightest, thats for sure!

• Like 2

It took a whole bunch of lawyers for a very long time to present a case.

Madame not being a lawyer, presenting her own case seems impossible to me.

Something smells very badly or is the suggested amnesty by the junta (for the countrie's hapiness sake) before the case begins?

If there were an election today with Yingluck vs the general, Yingluck would win by a landslide.

This is what the general is up against if he punishes Yingluck.

If someone thinks he isn't aware of this, well...

How does he put the hammer to Yingluck without hurting himself badly with the people?

24vljic.jpg

Seriously,do you think the large minority vote she received last time has the potential to have increased since the last election?

I don't. I think she might still get the largest minority but much reduced and much closer to the Dems total. And only then if all the usual election shannanigans were permitted.

She still faces potential charges of illegal electioneering from her trips up North after she dissolved parliament which may or may not be progressed.

I don't think she or her family enjoy the popularity they used to. Now it just about money and many are reluctant to even take the Shin shilling - but may succumb to the intimidation and coercing. A lot of people realize now what a vote for the Shin really means - more wealth for the Shins and little else.

Maybe a good point to bring up to the junta. Really nothing to fear. Keep the 1997 charter with full elected upper and lower house. The Shins are a spent force. Hold election immediately. Somehow there are lots of disconnect what the junta think and your situation analysis.

How do you know what the junta think Eric - do they tell you?

Do you think maybe a deal has been done? Or maybe the current government appreciate that allowing an election before the much needed reforms would lead to trouble as Thaksin followed his usual election practices including effectively barring any opposition where he has enough militia? Or maybe the current government really are out to purge the Shins once and for all? Or maybe some other less discussed scenarios?

But, Yingluck - a failed one trick pony.

Maybe she's just been acting dumb to fool everybody. She's really as sharp as a razor and is going to prove it. Can't wait. whistling.gif

this female is that dense she thinks she can get in there with her childish demeanor and all the men will fall at her feet and feel sorry for her. If they actually broadcast it people would think it is playschool with her hopeless ability to even string together a sentence that makes any sense. Someone really needs to tell her that having the mental capacity of a 10y/o and buying your degrees from a US university does not make you smart but then again it will be so funny to see her totally stuff this up as all the truth about exactly what she has presided(or should I say never presided) over and her full stupidity comes forth from her own mouth

Disgusting post denigrating Thailand's first female PM. She may not have been a 'great' but she has achieved far more than you or I ever will and deserves much credit for her fortitude. Luckily the vast majority of Thais support her - don't believe me? hold a FREE and FAIR election. The only 'stupidity' comes from your ignorant mouth because you have not 'caught on' as to why this is all happening (and NO it cannot be discussed here fool).

Why do you, and other Shin supporters keep trying to claim "the vast majority of Thai support her".

What do you base this untrue statement on - the Shin lie that she was elected with vast majority? Try largest minority, which is the truth.

Do you really think anyone would believe her popularity has actually increased since then? Only the Shin PR team would of course.

I am not a 'Shin supporter' nor do i believe in going backwards but the vast majority of Thais support PTP BECAUSE, largely, of no credible opposition and they loath the corrupt, nepotistic ammart that rape this country whilst their kids strut around like Ancient Roman Generals in their Ferrari's etc. Dems have never won an election in decades and never will - don't believe me? hold a FREE and FAIR election.

Well, probably after the opening speech Ms. Yingluck will refer all to her impressive, knowledgeble, capable, etc., etc. legal team. The best money can buy and the Amply Rich can afford.

I am not a 'Shin supporter' nor do i believe in going backwards but the vast majority of Thais support PTP BECAUSE, largely, of no credible opposition and they loath the corrupt, nepotistic ammart that rape this country whilst their kids strut around like Ancient Roman Generals in their Ferrari's etc. Dems have never won an election in decades and never will - don't believe me? hold a FREE and FAIR election.

I'm also not a Shin supporter and I'm also terribly offended that a democracy is abused to the point where a criminal fugitive can skype-in into 'his' cabinet meetings to order 'his' cabinet how to run 'his' country.

Nepotism to get his sister into the PM position through 'his' political party Pheu Thai. Having his sister depose of a capable man to have a relative given a job.

Anyway, Ms. Yingluck seems to have marked her appointment with the NLA Friday.

• Like 2

I'm also not a Shin supporter and I'm also terribly offended that a democracy is abused to the point where a criminal fugitive can skype-in into 'his' cabinet meetings to order 'his' cabinet how to run 'his' country.

Nepotism to get his sister into the PM position through 'his' political party Pheu Thai. Having his sister depose of a capable man to have a relative given a job.

Only reason he wasn't there in person was because of a BS politically trumped up charge.

Only reason he wasn't there in person was because of a BS politically trumped up charge.

Well thank you for your uninformed opinion.

Too rich to need to be corrupt, but unable to restrain himself and allow his wife to do business with the government. That's criminal, not political.

BTW Thaksin is not invited for Friday. Some even alleged he's not involved at all, imagine rolleyes.gif

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

The character references named are hardly white knights are they... I hope she crashes and burns because let's face it impeachment and a political ban is the very minimum of what her criminal incompetence and ineptitude as PM merits.

Frankly it is shocking it has taken this long to get to this stage

Don't you mean criminal competence?

this female is that dense she thinks she can get in there with her childish demeanor and all the men will fall at her feet and feel sorry for her. If they actually broadcast it people would think it is playschool with her hopeless ability to even string together a sentence that makes any sense. Someone really needs to tell her that having the mental capacity of a 10y/o and buying your degrees from a US university does not make you smart but then again it will be so funny to see her totally stuff this up as all the truth about exactly what she has presided(or should I say never presided) over and her full stupidity comes forth from her own mouth

Disgusting post denigrating Thailand's first female PM. She may not have been a 'great' but she has achieved far more than you or I ever will and deserves much credit for her fortitude. Luckily the vast majority of Thais support her - don't believe me? hold a FREE and FAIR election. The only 'stupidity' comes from your ignorant mouth because you have not 'caught on' as to why this is all happening (and NO it cannot be discussed here fool).

Why do you, and other Shin supporters keep trying to claim "the vast majority of Thai support her".

What do you base this untrue statement on - the Shin lie that she was elected with vast majority? Try largest minority, which is the truth.

Do you really think anyone would believe her popularity has actually increased since then? Only the Shin PR team would of course.

"...they loathe the corrupt, nepotistic ammart that rape this country."

You do understand the meaning of nepotism don't you binjalin.

post-9891-0-06840000-1420636432_thumb.jppost-9891-0-47383200-1420636433_thumb.jppost-9891-0-86304000-1420636432_thumb.jppost-9891-0-98617400-1420636444_thumb.jppost-9891-0-30508200-1420636434_thumb.jp

One big, rich, corrupt, happy family.

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 2

attachicon.gifthak.jpgattachicon.gifying.jpgattachicon.gifyaow.jpgattachicon.gifsomch.jpgattachicon.gifsura.jpg

I believed nepotism relates to business where family members are favored. How's that relate to electoral process where you can be a favored family member but you still can't get that position without your party winning an election. In another words, what's good about nepotism if you are not elected by the people. Think you confuse yourself.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifthak.jpgattachicon.gifying.jpgattachicon.gifyaow.jpgattachicon.gifsomch.jpgattachicon.gifsura.jpg

I believed nepotism relates to business where family members are favored. How's that relate to electoral process where you can be a favored family member but you still can't get that position without your party winning an election. In another words, what's good about nepotism if you are not elected by the people. Think you confuse yourself.

hate to tell you this eric but you have really stuck your foot in your mouth on this one and showed everyone just how blinkered you are by trying to create an excuse, politics if full of nepotism, especially here, or didnt you notice how many ptp members are part of thaksins extended family/related, man you really are one eyed, poor bugger

Glad to see the usual mob of Yingluck and Thaksin haters are still alive.

Their bile and vitriol adds flavour to my scotch...

It will be amusing here on TV, when the, soon to be announced, "Respect my Vote" party wins the next election and promptly makes an immediate reversal of what the last two coups and their backers have tried to achieve.

The expressed hatred against Yingluck is juvenile, puerile, pathetic and rather sad....

It's a clever move for her to defend herself, even though some posters allege she can hardly speak Thai.

Your post suggests a real indifference to Thai progress.

BTW indicating that Ms. Yingluck may be 'negligent' as a minimum is realism based on that 700 billion Baht debt left over from a 'self-financing' scheme. Surely as tax payer in Thailand you resent that type of 'negligence'?

ADD: depending how to interpret, Ms. Yingluck might only read out her opening defence statement, nothing more, nothing less. The rest may be answered by her legal team.

PS I don't know what type of rotgut Scotch you drink to like bile and vitriol for flavour, but I prefer an Islay Malt with maybe one small lump of ice and a spot of (normal temperature) water thumbsup.gif

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

"The practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs: his years in office were marked by corruption and nepotism."

Oxford dictionary.http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/nepotism

I think you will find that nepotism applies both to business and politics, which in the case of Mr Thaksin were one and the same.

I rarely confuse myself, only others.

So nepotism is the act of prayuth giving a job to his younger brother.

hate to tell you this eric but you have really stuck your foot in your mouth on this one and showed everyone just how blinkered you are by trying to create an excuse, politics if full of nepotism, especially here, or didnt you notice how many ptp members are part of thaksins extended family/related, man you really are one eyed, poor bugger

You really don't understand the subject. Pity. Thought you are brighter but nay, you are not.

Once had a girlfriend called ying, not this one. She is the only leader North Thailand and East will ever accept so best get used to her coming back.

A leader? Who is being led by some one else from afar.
  • Like 1

ya I do bro... like his wife being the 'president' of the Army Wives Club? or younger brother being Army big wig? or Father selling property for millions but 'no questions asked or allowed? ya I think I know what it means - DO YOU

Edited by binjalin
  • Like 1

"The practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs: his years in office were marked by corruption and nepotism."

Oxford dictionary.http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/nepotism

I think you will find that nepotism applies both to business and politics, which in the case of Mr Thaksin were one and the same.

I rarely confuse myself, only others.

So nepotism is the act of prayuth giving a job to his younger brother.

and his wife? forget ye not she left a Uni job to be 'president' of the 'Army Wives Club' or maybe that was 'co-incidence' that she was married to the good general? ahhh yes that's it PURE co-incidence

• Like 1

The "untrue" statement is most likely based on actual data, like the results of every open election. What are your untrue statements based on?
  • Like 1

Nepotism is a moot argument because all sides are equally guilty. The only distinction is that, under the current regime, it is the only way to get anywhere (system of patronage). Under elected governments, they have to win before they can favor family and friends. Favors and influence are part of Thai DNA. Pointing fingers is as silly as it is futile.

• Like 2