Non Immigrant O - 2 Months Extension Issue and Bank Account Issue

I'm on Multiple Non Immigrant O visa which I got from Savannakhet almost 3 months ago. Today my wife called Sri Racha Immigration Office for if I get can 2 months extension as I've read in this forum that It's possible to get 2 months extension for each entry I make. Immigration Officer told her that I can get 7 days extension only otherwise I have to leave and come back.

Now what should I do? Try another immigration office? for example Pattaya? or Is there any written rule about that I can get 2 months extension so I can show this immigration officer in Sri Racha?

If there's no other way else than leaving, can I go to Cambodian border or fly to Malaysia and come back in the same day?

After all this I want to deposit 400,000 THB to a bank in Thailand but none of the banks I visited let me open bank account. All of them says I need a work permit. Does that mean foreigners in here can't get 1 year extension based on marriage if they aren't working or what?

It is clause 2.24 of Police Order 327/2557 basis for extension of stay.

For your wife to look at; Police Order 327/2557 Thai text

You cannot go to another immigration office unless you can show proof of address within their area of responsibility.

Thank you a lot for information. Do you know if I can leave and come back in the same day in any cambodian border? or do I have to fly out and in for get back in the same day?

You can do a border run to Cambodia cross the border then turn around and come right back.

I suggest you go to Ban Laem for the crossing. Reports are that it is less crowded and more friendly than the others,

Can I do this at Aranyaprathet-Poi Pet border aswell? Would I have any problem with getting back in Thailand in same day?

No problem to just turn around and comeback since you have a valid visa.

You can do it Poi Pet if you want to.

Thank you! Do you know about banks by the way? For example where can I open a bank account for myself w/o work permit? So far only Krungthai bank told me that they can open a joint bank account but for marriage extension bank account should be only in my name as far as i know. I found another bank on internet named as Standart Chartered Bank and they told me they can open an account only in my name. I don't know if immigration would accept this bank account or not. Is there any restriction about banks? Maybe a bank list accepted by immigration offices?

Take your wife with you to the bank along with her house book or a copy. She can be your reference for opening an account.

Info on opening an account at Bangkok bank is here (click documents required).

http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/SpecialServices/ForeignCustomers/Pages/Openinganaccountnew.aspx

A few days into a Non-O last month I eventually managed to open an account in Phuket. All the banks asked if I had a work permit but they all offered to open an account on a Non O (not yet applied for Retirement Extension) PROVIDED I was prepared to buy a one off insurance policy at around 2,500 baht. Again, all four banks I went to said the same things, all quoting new money laundering regs. I eventually opened one at Kasikorn. Maybe query with them again and ask about opening with such a policy. Krungsrii, Bangkok and SCB all said EXACTLY the same.

Historically lots of people have opened without any hassle, often suggesting trying different banks / branches. I couldn't be asked to try more than four and, who knows, things may actually have changed now. What worked fine last month might not work this month or next.

When? All the banks I visited said the same thing. I expected no problems also. So either it's something all the Patong branches are collaborating together to sell these policies OR things HAVE changed, in this case, as they all said, from December 1st.

Most banks where saying the same even before dec 1st. If there is a regulation it should be published - where ?.

The policy they where trying to sell is a personal accidents one would not allow bank to break a law (that don't exist).

K-bank is know to be the easiest to open accounts to foreigners.