The Ashes

Donz

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a strange decision by Ponting, to bat again.

I wonder what the condition of the pitch played in it?

personally I would've enforced the follow on, I don't think we would have needed to bat again.

I wouldn't have done it, but, it gives the bowlers a rest, allows the cracks in the pitch to open up a bit more and there is still plenty of time to get South Anglia out. They couldn't last for two full days if they had all of the South African side playing for them as well.

Also, they've sold all the tickets for the first four days and don't want to hand the money back.

If the follow-on had been enforced it may have been all over today. (although, apparently the cracks in the pitch have disappeared!! Australia are treating it as a batsmens paradise - 0/67, only 511 in front with 10 wickets in hand)

Whoops, a runout!!! 1/68

I'm saying nothing.I shall just try to enjoy the cricket We went through all this last time after losing the first test. In the end it was the Aussies who ended up the laughing stock of the world. After all theres one thing I can't take away from them. The World Championship of Gob-<deleted>.

Two days to go, all to play for. Aussies probably just ahead. Has Ponting got the guts to declare overnight and set England a target? Wicket looking flat now and a wicketless Warne must be a big concern for Australia.

100 proof whisky?

Well, I am actually quite happy to wait for Peiterson and Giles to come out fresh in the morning. When I return to LoS in two days, I am feeling disposed to take bets, say at 2-1, on England retaining the Ashes. Will be watching out for dodgy types, like the towel-over-arm Aussie I posted about in:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...018&st=240#

However, any upstanding takers, let they be known... :o

Well, I am actually quite happy to wait for Peiterson and Giles to come out fresh in the morning. When I return to LoS in two days, I am feeling disposed to take bets, say at 2-1, on England retaining the Ashes. Will be watching out for dodgy types, like the towel-over-arm Aussie I posted about in:

Pieterson & Jones please......................we're not that bad.

Pieterson & Jones please......................we're not that bad.

Oops - bloody kids running riot around me - lapse of concentration!!

I think the pommy's have shown they really can make a series of this.

Perhaps they could import a couple more South Africans and really give us a run for our money.

1 down 4 to go lets see how the soapies fare in Adelaide, wicket prepared by the best Groundsman in Oz, should suit pace early, spin and be a good batting pitch.

good luck in the next one soapies, that's a genuine one :o

They should make a rule that the aussies should all bat left handed or on there un-natural side, might make it more competive.

England perhaps just need a wider bat.

give it a rest donz you really are an embarrasment

The English love it. But if thats a warning for a holiday then I will