The Ashes

Donz

Ah yes... The Ashes... :o

Will anyone who comes across an Aussie who is identifyable by the fact that he goes out always with a towel over his shoulder/arm (I am not making this up) :D please remind him that he still has not paid up on the B5000 bet over the LAST Ashes result!!! :D:D

Last seen in Soi Cowboy about 6-months ago, he cheerily volunteered "I haven't forgotten about the 5000, I will give it to you next time I see you"...

Description:

About 6 foot, 16-stone and about 55y.o.. Again, always identified by his curious decision to go drinking with a small hand towel over his right shoulder.. :D

I hate people that welsh on bets!! :D

Anyway - can't wait for Thursday!!

Edited by bkkandrew

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pinned wrong one :D

But can't you pin it just find this bloody Aussie from the last Ashes?? :D:D:o

mai kow jai or as a famous ex-fish and chip shop owner/politician once said "please explain" :D

See post 241 on this thread.. I was just joking that it should be pinned.

Would be nice though, just to increase the chances of finding the bet-welsher!! :D

Australia 3/346 on the first day against the composite

South Anglican side!

Langer made 82, Ponting 137 n.o., Hussey 63 n.o.

The old farts are doing ok! :D

I recall that we were well and truely beaten in the first test at Lords of the last series.. And we know how that one ended up - don't we? :D:D

I think that Andrew Flintoff has been learning tactics of the series from Mr Vaughan... :o

Oh dear!

Harmison well under cooked and a crazy selection of Panesar over Giles - my worst fears realised. Giles bowled pretty well - bounce and a little turn- but everyone knows Panesar is the much better bowler! Warne will be lethal on this track day 4/5.

Oh dear!

Oh dear!

Harmison well under cooked and a crazy selection of Panesar over Giles - my worst fears realised. Giles bowled pretty well - bounce and a little turn- but everyone knows Panesar is the much better bowler! Warne will be lethal on this track day 4/5.

Oh dear!

glad we won the toss, lizzy deserted blighty today :o

Can't see it where I am ( North ) but it's painful reading...8 down and they get 16 off an over..<deleted>

Let's hope to God we don't lose more than a couple before COP :D

It's all right.......We're dead even. They were in the same boat yesterday. Three wickets down at close of play. :o

hahahaha

the poms are rubbish. Why doesnt England next time try and see if they can allowed to bring britain down, they need all the help they need.

What is the definition of optimism? An english batsman putting on sunscrean hahahahha

looks like the ashes is already in the bag.

:o:D:D

I think all us 'poms' are gonna need a huge sense of humour these next few weeks.

But don't forget, if it passes that we do lose, we will take it like grown men, not like the Aussies toddlers when they lose.

yes shady you must take it like an englishman

Pieterson wasn't out. No way. The sun was in the umpires eyes. He coughed at the wrong time. Neither was Flintoff. Ball didn't hit the bat at all. Ball hit a divot.................hang on a mo. I'm not Australian........................well bowled lads.

I hope Flintoff declares with nine wickets down, just to get even.

Actually, there is only one thing that can save us now. I plead for all you English supporters to put your hands together and pray, that

Supergob comes back on and predicts that Australia will win the Ashes.

Edited by lampard10