Noise from Arunothai School after School Hours

cigar7

Are there some noise guidelines or by-laws in Pattaya, especially for residential districts around schools? I am not talking about the entertainment district or major bar areas. This Arunothai school is playing loud music, during school hours and outside of school hours (3 p.m. to 9 p.m.)to the point, sound vibration can be felt in the floors and walls of condos 200 meters from the school. I went to talk to the guy in the field, and he said he is testing the equipment, and wouldn't stop after 4 hours of testing.

There's been a few treads about this previously in the forum. The general recommendation has been to call City Hall, and they would send someone out to check on the disturbance. However I've heard that "quiet hours" starts after 10 pm, so you might be out of luck here.

Pattaya City Call Center 1337

In a word: No.

And whose to say it's not an "educational" district. I bet that school was there long before most of the houses and condos in the area.

Old thailand hands know never to live within 500 meters (preferably more) of a wat, school, muslim temple, large government office, or local village loudspeaker. Better luck with your next abode.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya
  • Like 1

OP, I hear ya - I live up near the same school, but I find the dogs in the houses below my apartment block far more annoying than the music from the school or that bloke who drones on every afternoon. Having experienced the Muslim call to prayers in Malaysia, I'm confident that would annoy me more than the school but right now I have to deal with a Thai woman snoring - headphones and heavy metal all the way ;)

Last year's Songkran took on an added dimension as the funfair noise was taken in turns by the temple and the school opposite over a continuous 4-week period and well past midnight. Amplification cranked up and hell for those within the vicinity. Something to look forward to again this year.

OP, I hear ya - I live up near the same school, but I find the dogs in the houses below my apartment block far more annoying than the music from the school or that bloke who drones on every afternoon. Having experienced the Muslim call to prayers in Malaysia, I'm confident that would annoy me more than the school but right now I have to deal with a Thai woman snoring - headphones and heavy metal all the way wink.png

Talking about dogs........in the 2 houses opposite mine are residing 6 + 3 dogs; 6 bang kaews and 3 whatever brand.

They are ignited by every move in the Soi, passer-by, garbage-recycler, food-cart, garbage-truck.....just everyone.

At some point I decided to give the barking tw*ts a cold shower, but that wasn't very smart..........the owner of one of the homes wasn't amused.

Anyway, what ere the possibilities regarding this issue apart from moving?

OP, I hear ya - I live up near the same school, but I find the dogs in the houses below my apartment block far more annoying than the music from the school or that bloke who drones on every afternoon. Having experienced the Muslim call to prayers in Malaysia, I'm confident that would annoy me more than the school but right now I have to deal with a Thai woman snoring - headphones and heavy metal all the way wink.png

Anyway, what ere the possibilities regarding this issue apart from moving?

You have 3 options: Move, kill or accept it. It's not worth to call the cityhall. They don't give a shit.

There's been a few treads about this previously in the forum. The general recommendation has been to call City Hall, and they would send someone out to check on the disturbance. However I've heard that "quiet hours" starts after 10 pm, so you might be out of luck here.

I did phone Pattaya City Call Center 2 times, about 2 hours apart, and they said they would phone the Police. Second time they said they had phoned the Police. An hour later I phoned the Police to complain about the noise, and they said I was the first to complain, but they'll send an officer out to the school. 15 minutes later the noise stopped. Police told me they didn't receive any calls about the noise from the Pattaya City Call Center.

I did phone Pattaya City Call Center 2 times, about 2 hours apart, and they said they would phone the Police. Second time they said they had phoned the Police. An hour later I phoned the Police to complain about the noise, and they said I was the first to complain, but they'll send an officer out to the school. 15 minutes later the noise stopped. Police told me they didn't receive any calls about the noise from the Pattaya City Call Center.

Follow it through with City Hall, find out how comes police said no call was made, talk to superior there.

• 2 weeks later...

African drums this morning noise level 9 out of 10, from 7.30am, unbelievable isn't it.

Yes, they wrecked what was supposed to be a peaceful weekend.

The teachers at this school clearly demonstrate complete disregard for quite enjoyment and peace with their neighbors. Teachers, as role models for students, are imparting highly undesirable traits.

African drums this morning noise level 9 out of 10, from 7.30am, unbelievable isn't it.

Yes, they wrecked what was supposed to be a peaceful weekend.

The teachers at this school clearly demonstrate complete disregard for quite enjoyment and peace with their neighbors. Teachers, as role models for students, are imparting highly undesirable traits.

They paved paradise, put up a parking lot.

This morning was classic, 6.40am some bozo turns music on full thai blast and keeps testing the speakers. Another shitty fait on. They couldn't care less about any locals trying to sleep

Many Thai people are already up and about by 6.40.. Maybe it's you, the lazy Westerner, who needs to change!!

Don't you guys realize that you are in Thailand! The people in city hall didn't call the police because they, subconsciously, fear confrontation...By complaining so much you are causing confrontation. This isn't Europe or America. You need to accept the noise or move house.Simple....When complaining about anything here you also need to be aware that it could all end in tears and there will only be one loser....you...

• 2 weeks later...

In a word: No.

And whose to say it's not an "educational" district. I bet that school was there long before most of the houses and condos in the area.

Old thailand hands know never to live within 500 meters (preferably more) of a wat, school, muslim temple, large government office, or local village loudspeaker. Better luck with your next abode.

You left one out: hotels that hire two idiots, like these two, to create noise pollution for guests:

post-110622-0-17110200-1422404552_thumb.

For the past two months, the Fifth Jomtien (Residence) hotel, Soi 5, Jomtien, that proclaims on its website that it is a place to "relax," has been having an outdoor "concert" by its pool, blasting horrible, terrible, nausiating music at its guests and annoying people who are living in the vicinity of the hotel.

Noise pollution in its various forms has spread all over Thailand.

I was at my wife's house in nowhere Thailand a few months back....a very isolated place....and one house near our house was blasting Thai karaoke.

People say "move." But getting away from noise pollution in Thailand is almost impossible now.