Parents of Adam Pickles attacked in Pattaya appeal decision to acquit his attacker

webfact

Parents of 42 year old man attacked in Thailand appeal decision to acquit his attacker

adam-pickles.jpg

PATTAYA: -- The parents of Adam Pickles, a 42 year old man who was attacked in Pattaya almost three years ago have lodged an appeal with the Thai Government to overturn a decision to acquit his attacker.

Adam, a married father of one was left in a coma following a brutal attack by Sean Henry Tinsley, from Woverhampton who is accused of hitting him with an iron bar in a road rage attack in 2012, at the time Adam was in Thailand teaching English.

Las year Adam’s parents Andrew and Adele waited months for a verdict in the case that was repeatedly delayed until finally in September Mr Tinsley was acquitted. Since the decision Mr Pickles has been working closely with his legal team to put together an appeal against the court’s decision. He said: “It became obvious that the only way to get the job done properly was to fly out to Thailand and work with our lawyers in person to ensure everything was in order and all the information was available to the panel of judges.” Mr Pickles has had to frequently travel between Bangkok and Pattaya and said that he needed time to get to grips with the Thai legal system.

He added: “With our team of lawyers and the help of an interpreter/translator we completed all the documents and I handed them over in person to the court.

“We got confirmation that the court have accepted the appeal so it will go ahead.”

Mr Pickles said he did not know how long the appeal would take.

He added: “Adam is improving slowly but we’re cautious about that. There are increasing signs of alertness, but there’s still lots of time when he’s not alert.

“There’s still a very long way to go. It will certainly be months. He still needs 24/7 care.” Following the attack Adam, a former Bradford Grammar School student, was flown back to the UK and spent six months at the Royal Hospital for Neurodisability in London before being transferred to Woodlands Respite Care Centre in York, close to his parents’ home in Thorner.

In 2013 his father’s band, John’s Follower, reunited for a charity party and raised £1,590 towards Adam’s care.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2015-01-09

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a cowardly thug is going to get away with it ? These are the people testicular cancer was designed for - sadly nature doesnt always answer my prayers.

who si this cowardly son of a bitch tinsley and where does he come from? bringing his violent cowardly behavior to thailand is a no no. luckly he was not shot! go back home you bastard,

jacko45k, on 09 Jan 2015 - 08:32, said:
ATF, on 09 Jan 2015 - 06:33, said:

Either we don't have the full story or the attacker has a great lawyer.

Looking for justice in Thailand, a long hard road.

Justice everywhere has it's price whether it's a financial incentive or employing a very expensive lawyer. Nothing for free.

...so what is the message to people that come to Thailand and find themselves victims of violence....

...you are welcome here as long as you pay your way.....

...and don't inconvenience anyone....no matter what has befallen you.....???

So a cowardly thug is going to get away with it ? These are the people testicular cancer was designed for - sadly nature doesnt always answer my prayers.

who si this cowardly son of a bitch tinsley and where does he come from? bringing his violent cowardly behavior to thailand is a no no. luckly he was not shot! go back home you bastard,

While I wholehearyedly agree with your sentiment, bringing cowardly, violent behaviour to Thailand would make Tinsley fit in quite well.

Farang on farang cases are win-win-win cases for police, prosecutors and judges and their bank accounts.

The bizarre case of the murder of Gary Poretsky springs to mind.

Yeah, the Australian retard who shot him in the chest and then in the head should be out by now, he got only three years for the murder and another year or so for having the gun. Whatever happened to him? Or did he die in prison (I hope)? Anybody know whatever happened to him?

Very deep pockets, good lawyer and knowing the right people. This is the reason he walked free.coffee1.gif

Kinda like OJ...bad justice happens everywhere.

Yeah, green chicken curry is available everywhere but it's more common in Thailand yes?

Justice everywhere has it's price whether it's a financial incentive or employing a very expensive lawyer. Nothing for free.

The other way of dealing justice costs too... although 1500 GBP should be enough.

...so what is the message to people that come to Thailand and find themselves victims of violence....

...you are welcome here as long as you pay your way.....

...and don't inconvenience anyone....no matter what has befallen you.....???

That pretty much sums it up.wai.gif

sounds to me like a very hard case to prove in court unless there are witnesses or other evidence

Pickles will be denying the charges against him or pleading self defence and the other person involved (the victim) is incapacitated, hardly an open and shut case

The other way of dealing justice costs too... although 1500 GBP should be enough.

Not enough back in the UK where he is now.

Sincerely wish Mr. Pickles a full recovery and strength to his family with all they have to cope with. I don't know the circumstances of this tragic event but it is another timely reminder for myself to keep in check and ease off using the horn when I am vexed by bad driving.

Very deep pockets, good lawyer and knowing the right people. This is the reason he walked free.coffee1.gif

Karma - and gross stupidity - eventually caught up to OJ. Nowhere near enough time given his complete disregard for the law or the rights of others, but still better than the Michael Jackson fiasco where everyone in that courtroom knew he was guilty but he still walked out a free man. Seems that if you're rich and you have a personality disorder it's called 'eccentricity' - if you arent, it's called 'sociophathy'. I see very little difference between OJ and Ted Bundy - both were superficially charming men who fooled the majority until their true nature was revealed.

sounds to me like a very hard case to prove in court unless there are witnesses or other evidence

Pickles will be denying the charges against him or pleading self defence and the other person involved (the victim) is incapacitated, hardly an open and shut case

Did you even bother to read the story or even glance at the headline? Adam Pickles is the guy in the coma. He is the victim not the other guy

There was no hint or suggestion of corruption in the OJ case -- the govt simply failed to present a convincing case to the jury. Incompetence is far different than corruption. "If the glove don't fit, you must acquit!" Sheer genius!