Russia bans transgender people and other 'deviants' from driving

webfact

there are a lot Russian gays specially in Pattaya. Talk with them how Putin The Horrible treats them. A piece of my advice is: do not watch/read too much mass-media like Fox News)))

Russian gays I see don't want to mix with foreigners, even Thais.

I can't see how I could trust they would representative of gays across Russia anyway.

Of course there are some elites that are doing OK.

But try to be a gay school teacher in Russia ... good luck.

I think you really don't get it.

It's like you think gay civil rights are only about still having the chance to have sex.

Nope. It's much more than that.

Who said I get my info from Fox? That's just a cheap shot.

Unlike in Russia where most of the media is controlled by Putin.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

There's an interesting snippet in the Guardian piece, which the howling mob fail to mention. The WHO classifies transgender people as mentally ill. Here's another article on this... http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2011/09/29/european-parliament-calls-for-end-of-classifying-transgender-people-as-mentally-ill/

Since the Russian legislation seems to have taken its lead from the WHO list of mental diseases, which is STILL extant, then perhaps some fire needs to be directed at the WHO.

There's an interesting snippet in the Guardian piece, which the howling mob fail to mention. The WHO classifies transgender people as mentally ill. Here's another article on this... http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2011/09/29/european-parliament-calls-for-end-of-classifying-transgender-people-as-mentally-ill/

Since the Russian legislation seems to have taken its lead from the WHO list of mental diseases, which is STILL extant, then perhaps some fire needs to be directed at the WHO.

Or perhaps not.

Russia is responsible for its own laws and these driving laws are blatantly bigoted against sexual minorities.

All you have done is post an irrelevant diversion from the topic.

They have access to WHO documents in western Europe and aren't as stupid, hateful, and BACKWARDS as Russia is in this regard.

If you're suggesting Russia wouldn't have done this if the WHO was different, maybe you'd like to sell us a bridge cheap as well.

Edited by Jingthing

I fail to understand what sexual orientation has to do with driving. What am I missing?

You're not missing anything.

These laws are not about driving.

They're about scapegoating.

It's not as simple as this. Russia has one of the worst road traffic accident rates in Europe and there is a genuine problem that legislators are trying to address. However the issue is misused and "conveniently" extended by excluding per se those who are seen as "deviant" -- who are already marginalised and unjustly discriminated against.

Edited by Morakot

All you have done is post an irrelevant diversion from the topic.

They have access to WHO documents in western Europe and aren't as stupid, hateful, and BACKWARDS as Russia is in this regard.

If you're suggesting Russia wouldn't have done this if the WHO was different, maybe you'd like to sell us a bridge cheap as well.

You do let your imagination run away with you. If you can get beyond maligning me with manufactured crimes, here's the tract which the Guardian found relevant even if you did not...

'Transsexuals and transvestites are also on the list, which is drawn from the World Health Organisation’s list of “gender identity disorders” and “disorders of sexual preference.”

As to whether a 'disorder' of this kind is an impediment to safe driving, it is bizarre to think so and I can only think the Russians are sticking their fingers up at the NGOs and TV agitators, frothing at the mouth. Either that or the legislators have cut and paste the WHO list of disorders into their draft, without thinking it through. Whatever. In practice, I doubt there will be any enforcement.

Face it the nationlism trail is growing weaker putin and his mob just need other minorities to enpower the rednecks, bit like hitler did in germany against the jews.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Putin's misses must have some sick sexual fetish being with that creep, so she must be off the road too.

I've heard he hires black transvestites to dress like Obama for a threesome with the missus.

Ok. I made that up.

He can't do that anymore. They can't drive to his party. He's former KGB, can you imagine how the taxi drivers would be talking if they picked them up at his house!

• Like 2

Putin's misses must have some sick sexual fetish being with that creep, so she must be off the road too.

I've heard he hires black transvestites to dress like Obama for a threesome with the missus.

Ok. I made that up.

He can't do that anymore. They can't drive to his party. He's former KGB, can you imagine how the taxi drivers would be talking if they picked them up at his house!

It's a pity Tony Abbott didn't just lay that fool out while he had the chance......would of been great watching Putins ancient old steam ships racing up the east coast of Australia from Melbourne while that sick critter Putin was crawling around the floor of the Brisbane convention centre looking for his teeth. Probably the only chance someone would of had at knocking some sense into the evil SOB.

Damn you Tony Abbott. 5555555

If you happen to like Putin's weird and wacky bigoted laws, you can now wear the jewelry!

I don't like Putin of course, but this ring is talking to me ...

attachicon.gifputindictator.jpg

http://calvertjournal.com/news/show/3561/designers-of-putin-rings-to-launch-further-accessories-line

Oh so looks so nazi party prop' and the really sad part of it, from what i've seen as a mean the russions will buy into it in a way no other modern day nation will.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app