Honda crfm250

Hedghog

I have recently purchased said motorcycle.

So far very happy.

It works well as a short distance commuter,very comfortable in town,and will also do a bit of dry off roading.

The engine is responsive the gearing is well suited to town urban travel.

Overall the bike feels well balanced.

This is an entry level bike,or a good second bike for a big bike owner.

Price,a very reasonable Baht 138.000.

post-170299-0-88550500-1420790705_thumb.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does look like fun. Will it run on the faster roads okay, or are you on the shoulder with the little guys?

Come to think of it, being a newbie and all, at what bike size/speed do you graduate to your own lane here? Ever? I'm used to "controlling my space", USA style, but I'm not at all sure that that will play well here.

I'm liking that. Is that stock or did you add the tires and gold wheels?

The picture,is as bought,totally stock,I may change the gearing as the low end is a little short.

Personal preference of course.

Thanks for the post. I am now poised to purchase either one of these, a CB300 F or a CBR 300. I can't decide which.

Sit on the Crfm,the seat height is 34 inches.

I personally prefer this style rather than a sports bike,for riding position.

It does look like fun. Will it run on the faster roads okay, or are you on the shoulder with the little guys?

Come to think of it, being a newbie and all, at what bike size/speed do you graduate to your own lane here? Ever? I'm used to "controlling my space", USA style, but I'm not at all sure that that will play well here.

This is a medium size machine,but does have a road presence,it certainly doesn't look scooter.

I always hold my own on the road,as in positioning,not on the hard shoulder.

Speed wise quick off the mark,will sit at 120kmph,top probably 140,( with a sprocket change )there is a lot more top end.The best part is the pick up when joining traffic,50 up to a 100 plus is effortless.

Six speed box light clutch action,good around town or open road.

A little more info.

Side stand safety,cut off,when the stand is lowered when in gear auto cut of.

Hazard warning lights (novel idea)

Handlebar,kill switch.

Digital speedo,trip meter,clock, (no rev counter).

Fuel tank a little over 7 liters.

Fuel consumption is good,exact figures not available,but around 80mpg,similar to my Nouvea 125 SX

Runs 91 or 95.

Where I ride my PCX is usually dependant on the traffic conditions, I have ridden in the far right lane and on shoulder it just depends on how the traffic is moving.

Thanks for the post. I am now poised to purchase either one of these, a CB300 F or a CBR 300. I can't decide which.

Sit on the Crfm,the seat height is 34 inches.

I personally prefer this style rather than a sports bike,for riding position.

But the cb300 is not a sports bike riding position?

More power on the 300 but no off-roading capabilities so it's all up to each riders needs.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/honda/2015-honda-cb300f-review.html

They both looks good for sure.

The CB is cheaper and I think better for me, will buy mine later this year.

The CRF is also a great bike for the money. Don't quite understand why the best can also be the cheapest, for all 3 of these bikes, what are K,S&Y doing?

I just went looking for one in Phuket and not even the biggest dealer has one. I asked about ordering one and they said no more.

Are they discontinued the model for 2015?

Either they can't be arsed to order it and then be expected to provide service for that bike at a later date, or the CRF300M is upcoming, or as you suggest Honda has discontinued it.

I just went looking for one in Phuket and not even the biggest dealer has one. I asked about ordering one and they said no more.

Not sure.

The shop I bought mine from had two in stock.

The one I bought and a red and black model.

I will check next week with the dealer.

Not sure.

The shop I bought mine from had two in stock.

The one I bought and a red and black model.

I will check next week with the dealer.

Well after a day of looking island wide it's finally confirmed they have stopped making both CRF-L and CRF-M 250. Can't be ordered and there isn't a single one left on Phuket. No news if something new will replace it.

If you can find a shop with stock that your only chance.

Well. Bit strange that it's discontinued .. maybe there is going to be a 300. Or the factory is at capacity!

4 dealerships had a chance to take my cash for two of them today and not one could provide. I doubt it's due to them not being bothered.

They had no word on anything coming along to replace it but seeing everything has moved up to 300cc I'm guessing that's what's happening.

I'm actually happy now as I can wait until the new model arrives.

Yes it make sense of using the same 300cc engine on all 3 models, production will be cheaper.

I fell sorry for OP but okay you got it now and as long you are happy with it, then all is good.

Now the big question is; when will the 300 off-roader be for sale?

Edited by guzzi850m2

Well. Bit strange that it's discontinued .. maybe there is going to be a 300. Or the factory is at capacity!

4 dealerships had a chance to take my cash for two of them today and not one could provide. I doubt it's due to them not being bothered.

They had no word on anything coming along to replace it but seeing everything has moved up to 300cc I'm guessing that's what's happening.

I'm actually happy now as I can wait until the new model arrives.

A 300cc in the future would make sense.

If based around the present Cbr power plant,it would give an extra 8 bhp.

Yes it make sense of using the same 300cc engine on all 3 models, production will be cheaper.

I fell sorry for OP but okay you got it now and as long you are happy with it, then all is good.

I am quite happy with my purchase.

If in the future,I want a bit more oomph I could have the engine rebored

But that's unlikely, as stock it is a fun runabout.

I just happened to venture into the Honda dealer,liked it and bought it.

Think Honda has it bad? What about Kawasaki?

Z250.........parallel twin (62.0 mm × 41.2 mm)

Ninja 300..parallel twin (62.0 mm × 49 mm)

KLX250....single (72.0 x 61.2 mm)

The KLX250 engine is used in their D-Tracker and Ninja 250SL bikes also. I don't know if there's various states of tune or not.

Hansgruber. There is a Honda 2015 national sales meeting Wednesday so any new models tend to get announced to dealers then. If you want a Crf 250 then I know former / current TV sponsor Sumet have them in stock. https://m.facebook.com/hondasumetcycle?_rdr

No. I'll be waiting now it's being replaced.

Spontaneous purchase by me and my friend has been averted. We just wanted to go churn some dirt today.

Hansgruber. There is a Honda 2015 national sales meeting Wednesday so any new models tend to get announced to dealers then. If you want a Crf 250 then I know former / current TV sponsor Sumet have them in stock. https://m.facebook.com/hondasumetcycle?_rdr

No. I'll be waiting now it's being replaced.

Spontaneous purchase by me and my friend has been averted. We just wanted to go churn some dirt today.

No absolute confirmation of replacement (but it's likely) will know more Wednesday / Thursday.

Think Honda has it bad? What about Kawasaki?

Z250.........parallel twin (62.0 mm × 41.2 mm)

Ninja 300..parallel twin (62.0 mm × 49 mm)

KLX250....single (72.0 x 61.2 mm)

The KLX250 engine is used in their D-Tracker and Ninja 250SL bikes also. I don't know if there's various states of tune or not.

Isn't Kawa replacing the Z250 parallel with a Z300?

That seems the sensible thing to do, it doesn't make a lot of sense to keep making that 250 twin just for the Z250.