Samsung Galaxy S3 explodes in Krung Thai Bank (VIDEO)

webfact

Samsung Galaxy S3 explodes in Krung Thai Bank (VIDEO)
By Coconuts Bangkok

samsung1.jpg

SUPHANBURI: -- A Samsung Galaxy S3 phone exploded at the counter of Krung Thai Bank in Suphanburi province. The incident was captured on CCTV footage from the bank.

Internet user “Orange Juices”, a Krung Thai Bank employee, posted a video showing the exact moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-RYT2EbaR0

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2015/01/09/samsung-galaxy-s3-explodes-krung-thai-bank-video

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-01-09

I would never ever buy any Samsung product:

"YouTube user GhostlyRich posted a video on YouTube in early December that showed that his Samsung Galaxy S4 caught fire while charging. While the battery did not explode (thankfully) you can clearly see the charging port is burnt. To no surprise, a burnt charging point rendered the device useless and seeing that the Phone is still under warranty, you would think Samsung would simply exchange the device and make good with the consumer to fix the issue.

"Wrong. What Samsung has done, foolishly, is sent the user a document saying that they will exchange his defective device only after he pulls his initial video from YouTube. If Samsung was unaware of how the Internet works, it’s about to find out that trying to quiet the user will result in a black eye for the company...

"The video discussing the letter and the incident is posted above and is worth a watch. It goes to show what Samsung will do anything to keep its S4 issues off the radar but in this case, it has completely backfired. Not to mention that having to sign a contract to execute a warranty is borderline unethical for the circumstances of this incident."

http://www.neowin.net/news/samsung-tries-to-silence-user-whose-s4-caught-fire-it-doesnt-go-over-well

This is quite funny... I had close to similar situation. I was driving from Pak Chong to Bangkok and using GPS. The battery became so hot that I could feel extreme heat. I had to put it in front of the AC vent to keep using the GPS.

Of course you didn't consider to switch off the gps, rather risking a fire in the car.

Edited by Anthony5
  • Like 1

I inherited my wife's old Galaxy phone when she upgraded. It had been playing up the past few days so I put it on the counter top and left it. Yesterday I noticed the back cover lying next to it and upon examination found the original battery swollen to near bursting point. I used tongs to pick it up and put it outside in a bucket of water for disposal.

A CE model bought in the UK and two years old.

I inherited my wife's old Galaxy phone when she upgraded. It had been playing up the past few days so I put it on the counter top and left it. Yesterday I noticed the back cover lying next to it and upon examination found the original battery swollen to near bursting point. I used tongs to pick it up and put it outside in a bucket of water for disposal.

CE is not a standard it is just saying ti can be sold in Europe. It may be rubbish but the manufacturer is approved for whatever the item is so it gets a CE stamp. I have a GAlaxy as well but it has never been a problem. If the battery was replaced with a none approved one that could be the problem

Edited by gandalf12

I have had different samsung phones for a number of years now without any battery problems. But then I am not an apple supporter either, hence driven to make sensationalism out of a one off event without determining the true facts whistling.gif

Edit: Punctuation

Edited by lvr181