tourist visa , seoul

Hi, i went to the Thai embassy in Seoul for a 60 day tourist visa and was told that i must have a copy of the plane ticket and that i must return in three working days to collect the visa . I made it clear to the immigration official that i have no means of obtaining the copy of the plane ticket but i have the details on an sms that the airline had sent to my phone . That was not good enough for the learned immigration officer . I explained that the sms message was enough for the airline for obtaining a bording pass . Yet still there was no way i could proceed with the application . The flight leaves on the 13th of January and therefore it was no point in going back with the copy of the flight details as i could not pick up the copy for 24 hours . I feel that the immigration official could easily of accepted the details on the sms message . Good enough for the airline for boarding then surely good enough for the thai immigration for a tourist visa . I would also like to point out that the application in the UK for a tourist visa in 2014 did not need a copy of the flight details . I mentioned that for the officer at the seoul embassy with a remark that that is the UK and not in South Korea .

Are you Korean or legal resident? In Japan they won't even let you in the door if not. I was told I would also have to have a Japanese "guarantor" vouch for me, this I can do. Their documentation requirements are impressive. Eventually for me however., I found out that as it would basically be impossible to get a tourist visa as they do not accept any form of "open" ticket. I am airline staff and generally fly on reduced rate indusry tickets, which are by definition standby only. If ever I'm knocked back my only option appears to be the elite card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by arunsakda

whistling.gif In all Thai consulates they always have the right to ask for further documents and clarification if they feel it is necessary.

Just because something is not required in one consulate, does not mean it will not be asked for in another Thai consulate in a different country.

In order to get a copy of an on-line (e-ticket) booked airline ticket from the airline you can go on-line to the site where you booked the ticket.

Use your passenger reservation number and your name to view the details of your reservation.

Then print out those details on the airline form.

You can do this on your home computer or at any internet café site that has a printer.

Usually you will get a printout of your name, the flight number, the destination, and the flight details, if not more.

You can even do this in your hotel if you have internet access from that hotel,

This will work even for e-tickets as the details are stored in the airline database once your reservation is confirmed.

I've done this myself many times in hotels all over the world before I go to the airport.

I'm an old fashioned "Dinosaur" ....... even with e-tickets I like to have printed info to show if requested.

If the hotel does not have a printer you can use, attach the airline confirmation form to an email as an attachment and e-mail it to your own email address.

Then you can print out that email when you find a place with a printer you can use, even if for a small fee.

It gives you something to show if asked.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

whistling.gif In all Thai consulates they always have the right to ask for further documents and clarification if they feel it is necessary.

Just because something is not required in one consulate, does not mean it will not be asked for in another Thai consulate in a different country.

In order to get a copy of an on-line (e-ticket) booked airline ticket from the airline you can go on-line to the site where you booked the ticket.

Use your passenger reservation number and your name to view the details of your reservation.

You can do this on your home computer or at any internet café site that has a printer.

Usually you will get a printout of your name, the flight number, the destination, and the flight details, if not more.

This will work even for e-tickets as the details are stored in the airline database once your reservation is confirmed.

I've done this myself many times in hotels all over the world before I go to the airport.

I'm an old fashioned "Dinosaur" ....... even with e-tickets I like to have printed info to show if requested.

If the hotel does not have a printer you can use, attach the airline confirmation form to an email as an attachment and e-mail it to your own email address.

Then you can print out that email when you find a place with a printer you can use, even if for a small fee.

"Good enough for the airline for boarding then surely good enough for the thai immigration for a tourist visa ."

Immigration had nothing to do with you not getting a visa.

Hi Terry , please let me in on your incomplete answer .

"Good enough for the airline for boarding then surely good enough for the thai immigration for a tourist visa ."

A Thai embassy or consulate is not part of the immigration bureau. The are under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Hi , the company i bought the airline ticket through was Bravofly . When i looked at there web page to download a copy of the ticket i could only get a invoice sent . That did not arrive for 24 hours after the request was sent online .

Something else that does not make sense about the need for a copy of your travel details is that if i had obtained the visa and i then did not travel on the day i said there would not be a problem with entering the country as you are given so many months to use the visa .

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text

A Thai embassy or consulate is not part of the immigration bureau. The are under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Thank you for sending the correct term for the person i met at the consulate in Seoul . I am not impressed by the lack of consistency between the Thai consulates . Or am i impressed by the lack of will to be constructive when a tourist explains a situation that is clear that it will cause inconveniance with the reply i received .

What airline did you book with? Just book a flight on THAI Airways, choose a random date more than 7 days from now, choose the "pay later" option, print that out, show it and voila, you'll get your visa even though you haven't paid a cent for that flight and may not even fly with THAI.

What airline did you book with? Just book a flight on THAI Airways, choose a random date more than 7 days from now, choose the "pay later" option, print that out, show it and voila, you'll get your visa even though you haven't paid a cent for that flight and may not even fly with THAI.

I booked with a agency called Bravofly and the airline is Air Asia . Thank you for the advice on how to obtain a print out in a hurry . If i had known that last Thursday i would of accomplished what i had planned . It seems they need three days to complete the visa and i must leave on Tuesday . Of course i can enter Thailand and receive a one month exemption , all is not lost . Best regards Tom