Offending Thais on TV ?

willyumiii

I would like to see what will be your reaction and feelings when they start bashing your country, wherever it is:whistling:

Costas, My country is The United States and it is bashed more than Thailand on this site.

In fact, I bash it a bit myself , often.

But, I never go to anti American sites looking for trouble...

Hey "Willyumiii" You say that you "never go to anti American sites looking for trouble."

That is your affair BUT.... are you suggesting that TV is an Anti Thai site? sure sounds like that is what you are inferring and you are

way off the mark.

Sure there is a bit of criticism towards our HOSTS on this forum but it is in no way "Thai Bashing."

There are 3 Nationalities that take the bulk of the criticism on TV and they are the English,American,and Australians,and it's quite obvious that many of the posters are only posting to Bash the Nationality that they have a problem with! IMO by far, most of the Posters are pro Thai!,which can be seen in Redshirt support.

I would like to see what will be your reaction and feelings when they start bashing your country, wherever it is:whistling:

Costas, My country is The United States and it is bashed more than Thailand on this site.

The question is not that they do , but how would you like it

How would you like it if back in the US, Thais had a forum where the constantly posted opinions derogatory to your country and to you .

I dont think you would, it is bad form for visitors to insult their hosts.'

In America, "bashing" is a big part of what makes the country a good place to be.

Bashing is how people in America get things done and get things changed.

People have the right to disagree and make it known.

Many unjust situations have been changed by the American people bashing the government or whoever else is at fault.

How do you think the American people put an end to the American occupation of South Vietnam?

It was bashing.....also called decent!

It's a good and healthy thing in my country.

I have heard there are expat forums for foreigners in the USA. Often ethnic ones like for Indians, etc. I could give a flying toaster about what they post there! I certainly wouldn't be reading it. I would imagine there are lots of complaints about Americans. Why wouldn't there be? Duh. It would be of no practical use to me unless I was doing an news article on Indians in the USA for example.

Edited by Jingthing

Quote: Why would any Thai come to this site in the first place if not to find confrontation?

Are you for real? Do you truly believe that the Thai visa forums are all about confrontations? In principle I was always under the impression that these forums are about sharing ideas and information for the benefits of ex-pats living here or considering moving to Thailand and that also gives Thai people an opportunity to become involved in ex-pat affairs and experiences, not for the purposes to get criticised and offended.

I can assure you that the police and especially Immigration take an active interest in these threads and comments that contravene Thailand`s strict defamatory laws are noted. If was not the case than Thai visa would not require the services of it`s moderators.

I think you have misread or misunderstood my statement.

Nowhere do I say that TV is about confrontation.

I said that there are many things said on TV that a Thai would not like and that know that they will be offended when they come to the site.

Then they make confrontational post about what they find offensive.

They know they will be offended when they come here and come looking to disagree with expats.

My original post basically said that I will not change the content of my post to avoid offending those who who come here knowing they will be offended.

This site is for posting ideas and opinions and concerns of expats as well as being a good source of news and helpful information

Not to please anyone...anyone!

Understand now?

Edited by willyumiii

Thanks again for sharing. I've expressed my opinion and you've expressed yours. I suggest you focus more on the topic (or your perception of it) rather than others posting here. Cheers.

you did not only expressed your opinion you attempted to characterize, and dismiss mine as,

and I quote "gay bait" what ever that might mean

Cheers

Edited by sirineou

There are 3 Nationalities that take the bulk of the criticism on TV and they are the English,American,and Australians,and it's quite obvious that many of the posters are only posting to Bash the Nationality that they have a problem with! IMO by far, most of the Posters are pro Thai!,which can be seen in Redshirt support.

Over the years of reading thousands of posts submitted by the members who participate most here on Thai visa, I would dispute that and say the majority have an acute disdain for Thailand and the Thai people. They have even invented their own anti Thai derogatory term; Thainess, a description that has come to mean, blundering, stupid and ignorant.

Once a thread is published about any criminal acts committed by Thais, anything regarding the police, authorities, political and for literally any excuse, the Thai bashers come out in droves here on Thai visa.

• Like 2

Thanks again for sharing. I've expressed my opinion and you've expressed yours. I suggest you focus more on the topic (or your perception of it) rather than others posting here. Cheers.

you did not only expressed your opinion you attempted to characterize, and dismiss mine as,

Cheers

Life it too short. Welcome to my ignore list.

Cheers

Best to not take Jingthing`s, comments to heart. He considers anyone who disagrees with his opinions is a personal affront to him and various minority groups that he believes he represents, so therefore he is always on the side of the righteous and can never be wrong.

Edited by Beetlejuice

They do have sites like TV. One is Thais in California closed group, Thai Aupairs in USA closed group, then Thai Social Network in America, Thai in USA, writing in Thai. I am sure their discussions pretty much mirror ours but they can say more.

I would like to see what will be your reaction and feelings when they start bashing your country, wherever it iswhistling.gif

Costas, I suppose its just as well they don't start on the Greeks. Now that would be an arguement to savour.

In the UK, if one is into politics you can read, or watch someone in the media bashing the state of the country 24 hours a day, 365 days.

It make you feel really good when even the tiniest achievmemt is made. But at least it is normally a real achievment.

Remarks made against Thais are posted strictly to provoke other TV members. It's the Greeks, Germans and Dutch I prefer to mock.

Why?

Probably because there are no Thai (only) posters using Thai Visa, now Miss Farm Girl has stopped posting.

A few guys (4-5) with Thai nationality due to their moms, but raised in another country.

A few foreign guys pretending to be Thai girls.

Really a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black.

Remarks made against Thais are posted strictly to provoke other TV members. It's the Greeks, Germans and Dutch I prefer to mock.

Why?

Probably because there are no Thai (only) posters using Thai Visa, now Miss Farm Girl has stopped posting.

A few guys (4-5) with Thai nationality due to their moms, but raised in another country.

One why is as explained above - spot on.

The other why is because what Greek poster comes to mind, Germans because they seem to be on the freaky side and the older Dutch are tight with the baht - frugal. Makes perfect sense.

Why?

One why is as explained above - spot on.

The other why is because what Greek poster comes to mind, Germans because they seem to be on the freaky side and the older Dutch are tight with the baht - frugal. Makes perfect sense.

I suppose this is what Thai women refer to as going Dutch, meaning, if they date a Dutchman they have to pay for themselves.

I would like to see what will be your reaction and feelings when they start bashing your country, wherever it iswhistling.gif

Costas, people can bash my country all they like, Thai or not, they will find that I would mostly agree with them.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand. Seems simple enough to understand.

What you say is true, I agree with the words 'degrading and overly', but there is nothing wrong with negative comments if the truth is being told, ie the vast majority of Thai drivers and motorbike riders are not fit to be on the road. On the other hand, the vast majority of Thai people are decent and honest.

No country is perfect, but in Thailand the good far out weighs the bad, and despite the odd bad, I am proud to live here.

How would you like it if back in the US, Thais had a forum where the constantly posted opinions derogatory to your country and to you .

In America, "bashing" is a big part of what makes the country a good place to be.

Bashing is how people in America get things done and get things changed.

People have the right to disagree and make it known.

Many unjust situations have been changed by the American people bashing the government or whoever else is at fault.

How do you think the American people put an end to the American occupation of South Vietnam?

It was bashing.....also called decent!

It's a good and healthy thing in my country.

But never bash black people or gay people, that's just not allowed :)

"A Thai really has no need for information about visas do they?"

That's incorrect. Lots of Thai men going to London and Frankfurt to find a prostitute wife.

Is that right? Thai women are much more beautiful than Western women by a long way, and outside the bars, they are not filled with drink and smoke. See how hard it is to find a UK woman who isn't.

They probably come here to laugh at the expats.

I know I do.

Enlighten us, what exactly makes you laugh?

I think that's a whole new thread on its own.

On you go SoiBiker, start a topic about what makes you laugh on Thaivisa. I'm sure Jingthing will monopolize it about restaurants and baht buses.

Lol! I have gone on american political forums and criticized and I can assure you they were more than incensed. The death threats were hilarious.

My Thai staff used to love reading tv forum. They thought it hilarious.

Indeed 555 I find some logic quite strange such as Thai women love old men over younger ones. It always makes me laugh . And the concept about "Face" in TV is different from what I have been socialized