Tourism Council of Thailand warns operators to be prepared for unpredictable year

webfact

What happened to those high boosting statements of TAT and their predictions they made on press that 2015 they tourist arrivals will increase a lot???

Well to begin with, lower the airfare, lower the hotel tariff, and most of all make this country a safer, tourist friendly country, stop hitting and murdering tourists.

Naaaa just BS its cheaper and easier.

Unpredictable is a good word. Russia meltdown, with rubble for a ruble. USA

still trying to recover from its tiny debt. Canada also trying to stay afloat,

but here is a heads up, with the oil prices falling, our country will be

hurting soon. I have read tonight that Alberta is likely headed for a Recession.

That will mean that the rich will be okay, however the rest of us, will

have to watch our wallets, as there will be job losses, and likely some

house losses, and lots of business losses.

Maybe Australia will have a good year and a few other countries, that still

come to Thailand for vacation.

Good Luck, Thailand, you will need it.

I think I will use my back yard as my vacation spot for this Summer.

Stargeezer

Australia won't be having a good year mate. We have already dropped from over 30 to under 27 baht in 6 months. Our dollar is tanking some analysts say the Aus dollar could be as low as 50c to the US by years end, so I wouldn't be relying on a big influx of Aussies to help boost the tourist industry any time soon IMHO

As a FOREX speculator I love what the AUD is doing, any time I need a boost to my account I can rely on the skill and determination of the Rabbit and the Jockey to regularly crash the Pacific Peso against its major trading partners. Took 700 pips short in 30 minutes this morning against the Yen while I was eating breakfast.and then it ran another 100 further south after I took my profit. Thanks to the Joe and Tony dog and pony show.