US says it should have sent high official to Paris march

webfact

Just out of curiosity, did the French president show up in Boston after the marathon bombings? How about Oklahoma City?

Wake up. The President of France the was the FIRST to visit the US After 9/11. We owe them at least one and the other events that you have mentioned did not have a giant demonstration against Islamic terrorism with (other) leaders from all over the world taking part in solidarity. This was a very unique event.

I'm awake enough to recognize a hyper-partisan based attack when I see it.

First of all, nearly 3,000 people died on 9/11. 17 died in Paris. Hardly an apt comparison.

Secondly, 4 French nationals died on 9/11. How many Americans died in Paris? 0

God, does anyone really think a photo op is going to stop a violent, religious extremist from doing something violent?

And what makes this "a very unique event"?

By the way, how do you know that the Secret Service or NSA didn't advise against making the trip?

And I notice some Jewish leader complaining to Twitter about #ilovekouachi hash tags. Yes, this is all about defending free speech, isn't it?

*puke*

Not just about free speech. This is about not condoning ortolerating radical Islamist terrorists killing innocent civilians, shoppers, police and etc.

I think both you and the kid completely miss the point. If this was simply about protesting the arrest the satirical cartoonists, then you and the kid might have a point.

In case you missed you it, several crazy Muslin terrorists armed with assault weapons took to the streets and began shooting up a city. Interesting how you focus only on freedom of press issues and not freedom of living without the fear of being gunned down by a terrorist while grocery shopping issues.

No-one is trying to "de-legitimatize" Israel?

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Oh get real. Who would honestly give a toss about Israel if they weren't the focus of Arab (and by extension, Muslim) ire?

You sure seem all twisted up about them for some unknown reason.

Another illiterate.

Notice the word "if". Now go and look it up in the dictionary.

Lol, working off a 6th grade education here so cut me some slack.

You come rely missed the logical inference made which had nothing to do with the word "if."

In case you missed you it, several crazy Muslin terrorists armed with assault weapons took to the streets and began shooting up a city. Interesting how you focus only on freedom of press issues and not freedom of living without the fear of being gunned down by a terrorist while grocery shopping issues.

I am heavily in favour of living without the fear of being gunned down by a terrorist while grocery shopping.

As I am also heavily in favour of being able to go to a wedding without a drone dropping a Hellfire missile on you.

Or going to school and not being strafed by a US-made Israeli helicopter because they claim there are terrorists hiding behind it.

I'm in favour of all sorts of things that don't involve needless death.

Why should that mean I have to take sides?

• Like 1

I am heavily in favour of living without the fear of being gunned down by a terrorist while grocery shopping.

As I am also heavily in favour of being able to go to a wedding without a drone dropping a Hellfire missile on you.

Or going to school and not being strafed by a US-made Israeli helicopter because they claim there are terrorists hiding behind it.

It is obvious to me you have taken sides. I can't be the only one.

• Like 2

Not about taking sides. You criticizing those showing up to France to pay their respects by calling them hypocrites.

Nice misdirection or change of abject matter of what was being discussed along with deletion of your posts I addressed or responded to.

• Like 1

No doubt. I don't like cowards that refuse to be direct and have the cojones to be direct instead of this passive aggressive I am not talking sides bs.

• Like 1

Sorry perhaps "they are both intransigent bastards" is too vague for you.

Sorry perhaps "they are both intransigent bastards" is too vague for you.

Sorry maybe I missed your reply. I wrote, "I sense you think the terrorists were justified am I correct in that assumption?"

• Like 1