Mitt Romney sparks new 2016 competition among GOP establishment

webfact

An interesting survey, which really means this:

Of the women mentioned as most admired, 88% did NOT mention Hillary Clinton as their first or second choice.

Of the men mentioned as most admired, 81% did NOT mention Barack Hussein Obama as their first or second choice.

• Like 2

There are definite differences among the Republican party candidates but as the chart shows, it's not exactly a left-right division, as there is a Republican middle ground waaay off on the right that is out there and occupied by the several of 'em.

The GOP’s Five Ring Circus

January 13, 2015 By Taegan Goddard

silver-datalab-candidate-venn1-e14211903

Nate Silver: “The chart is an oversimplification, but it recognizes the GOP’s dynamics are more complex than a simple left-right spectrum would imply. Some wings overlap more with others. For instance, a candidate could easily have a lot of appeal to both tea party and libertarian voters. But it’s unlikely that one candidate would simultaneously be the choice of both Christian conservatives and moderate voters.”

http://politicalwire.com/2015/01/13/the-gops-five-ring-circus/

Still and all the same, it can be difficult to understand how each four years the Republicans ask us to differentiate between Jeb Romney, Mitt Bush, Chis Cruz, Ted Huckabee, Mike Christie, Sarah Santorum, Rick Palin or is it Perry, and another half-dozen of completely new guys whose names we don't even know.

I think it's good enough that what most Americans remember about the Republican party is the name Bush.

At least the second coming of a Clinton is by a woman.

And I and many others hope we don't have to wait till the fat governor sings to find out which of 'em we got.

What do you think the American public will remember Obama for? His incompetence and lack of leadership skills; leading from behind; his failure to accept responsibility; first affirmative action president; unable or unwilling to be truthful; the person who won the Nobel Peace Prize for being half black; or his Islamic quotes?

Obama has made a circus out of the White House, and is an embarrassment to America. I don't know if Mitt Romney, will be Americas next president but I'm sure he or she won't be another leftist liberal.

I don't know if Mitt Romney, will be Americas next president but I'm sure he or she won't be another leftist liberal.

And I hope you're not counting your chickens too, same as another one out there had been doing until recently. biggrin.png

That's because not only has Romney not announced yet, Mitt himself hasn't said which party he'll run in for the nomination lol. It's more than obvious the Republican field is more than crowded and Mitt's been that route already, so we know how that turned out. Indeed, the Republican Presidential 2016 Primaries Campaign Bubba Bus is packed practically to standing room.

I read a blog today that suggested somewhat fleetingly that Mitt would run for the nomination of the Democratic party as a "severely liberal" Democrat. Mitt believes he can position himself in the small Democratic party field of Clinton and possibly Biden as the candidate of youth, energy, enthusiasm. Mitt figures he's already got 47% of the electorate in a political lock from his comments in the last campaign.

It's even reported Mitt will reiterate his opposition to both Romneycare from his time as governor of Massachusetts and to Obamacare as usual, but that this time Mitt will announce he favors a single payer system same as in Canada....this move alone is expected to bring Jingthing running to Mitt's side for the upcoming two year campaign, and after that, who knows?. Strange bedfellows indeed. giggle.gif

The blog article I read cited Mitt's Etch-A-Sketch reputation from his unsuccessful 2012 run as explaining this absolute lack of any core values.

And Mitt said he has a three-ring binder chock full of vp candidates this time around too.

http://www.thespoof.com/spoof-news/us/110979/aides-say-romney-camp-prepping-2016-run-as-severely-liberal-democrat

wink.png

Of the women mentioned as most admired, 88% did NOT mention Hillary Clinton as their first or second choice.

Of the men mentioned as most admired, 81% did NOT mention Barack Hussein Obama as their first or second choice.

And 98% didn't mention Sarah Palin and 98% didn't mention G.W.Bush.

At zero mention were G.H.W.Bush, Speaker of the House John Boehner, Senate Republican majority leader Mitch McConnell.

No one mentioned Bush's Dick Cheney either.

Idle hands and partisan politics can produce some off the wall posts.......

At zero mention were G.H.W.Bush, Speaker of the House John Boehner, Senate Republican majority leader Mitch McConnell.

Nice choice of words. What a difference the absence of a comma can make. laugh.png

• Like 1

Nice choice of words. What a difference the absence of a comma can make. laugh.png

And the insertion (pardon the word) of an apostrophe......thumbsup.gif

Idle hands and partisan politics can produce some off the wall posts......."

Congratulations.

You have just proven your theory beyond a shadow of a doubt.

• Like 2

Check any city of the world where these kind of contests are rated and see that former SecState Hillary Clinton is the odds-on favorite and is odds-on by a country mile.

Republicans in the November 2016 election are going to get shirt-fronted by voters in a large scale turnout, not anything like the 38% of the electorate that turned out to vote the past November.

Two different elections and electorates as we saw in the election of the president in 2008 and in 2012 verses the mid-term voting of 2006, 2010, 2014.

The pendulum swings and it often enough hits hard on either side of it.

The Republican party should change its symbol to a submerging submarine.

• Like 2

Idle hands and partisan politics can produce some off the wall posts......."

Congratulations.

You have just proven your theory beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Turnabout is fair play and brilliant when it succeeds.

Over on that side however it always goes bust.

Always.

Boring indeed.

There are definite differences among the Republican party candidates but as the chart shows, it's not exactly a left-right division, as there is a Republican middle ground waaay off on the right that is out there and occupied by the several of 'em.

Nate Silver: “The chart is an oversimplification, but it recognizes the GOP’s dynamics are more complex than a simple left-right spectrum would imply. Some wings overlap more with others. For instance, a candidate could easily have a lot of appeal to both tea party and libertarian voters. But it’s unlikely that one candidate would simultaneously be the choice of both Christian conservatives and moderate voters.”

Still and all the same, it can be difficult to understand how each four years the Republicans ask us to differentiate between Jeb Romney, Mitt Bush, Chis Cruz, Ted Huckabee, Mike Christie, Sarah Santorum, Rick Palin or is it Perry, and another half-dozen of completely new guys whose names we don't even know.

I think it's good enough that what most Americans remember about the Republican party is the name Bush.

And I and many others hope we don't have to wait till the fat governor sings to find out which of 'em we got.

What do you think the American public will remember Obama for? His incompetence and lack of leadership skills; leading from behind; his failure to accept responsibility; first affirmative action president; unable or unwilling to be truthful; the person who won the Nobel Peace Prize for being half black; or his Islamic quotes?

Obama has made a circus out of the White House, and is an embarrassment to America. I don't know if Mitt Romney, will be Americas next president but I'm sure he or she won't be another leftist liberal.

Obama care and fixing the complete economic mess left by his predecessor. And being the first Black president.

The Democratic party supporters have virtually called the election for Hillary in 2016.

Guess what? We/re still going to have an election and somebody is going to win, but I have some questions.

What if Hillary decides NOT to run. What are the Democrats going to do then?

Elizabeth Warren? She of the Indian heritage scam and about as much experience in the real world as the current Democrat office holder had. Perhaps many Americans have had enough of the Presidency being an OJT position.

Joe Biden? What might be running non-stop on your TV set during the campaign is when Joe told a paraplegic to get out of his wheel chair and take a bow, He, like Hillary, has a history with many flaws. They won't be hard to find.

Who is #4 on the Democratic hit parade?

If it's OK with you guys, can we just play it out and see who wins?

• Like 2

Obama care and fixing the complete economic mess left by his predecessor. And being the first Black president.

Obama being the first black president was what I referred to as being the "first affirmative action president." The "economic mess" you referred to, was left by the Congressional Democrats at a time when Obama was in the Senate, and was one of the biggest spenders.

Bush should have vetoed more of those spending bills but the fact remains the Democrats controlled Congress.

Obamacare??? Obama will be remembered for that but it won't be a fond memory. Obamacare is a can of worms.

Mitt Romney was heads and shoulders above Obama, in leadership skills, experience, and credibility. I bet Obama couldn't even believe he was elected, because he fully knows how inept he is. Obama being elected as president is like some sort of social experiment that went terribly wrong. OMG!!

• Like 2

Obama being the first black president was what I referred to as being the "first affirmative action president." The "economic mess" you referred to, was left by the Congressional Democrats at a time when Obama was in the Senate, and was one of the biggest spenders.

Bush should have vetoed more of those spending bills but the fact remains the Democrats controlled Congress.

Obamacare??? Obama will be remembered for that but it won't be a fond memory. Obamacare is a can of worms.

Mitt Romney was heads and shoulders above Obama, in leadership skills, experience, and credibility. I bet Obama couldn't even believe he was elected, because he fully knows how inept he is. Obama being elected as president is like some sort of social experiment that went terribly wrong. OMG!!

Obama being the first black president was what I referred to as being the "first affirmative action president."

The extreme far right just can't stand it cheesy.gif A black president who's a Democrat, not Colin Powell the Republican cheesy.gifcheesy.gif And not 'Condi' Mushroom Cloud Rice either.The far right needs to start separating the affirmative action from the political action, which they cannot do.

Which is why we keep getting political pulp fiction from waaay out there.

The United States has been an ongoing experiment in democracy since early in the 17th century and it will continue to be well into the future as we prove yet more to the deniers.

Mitt Bush Romney Jeb do not have half the obstacles Barack Obama continues to have yet neither has become president, although I will grant Jeb has a high mountain before him because his little brother George aced him out in 2000 which means now the Republican party is trying to dump its leftover Bush on the country.

Willard Mitt Romney (his full name) still denies Romneycare had anything to do with him or he with it.

Edited by Publicus
  • Like 1

If it's OK with you guys, can we just play it out and see who wins?

No. But you can, of course.

Top potential candidates
Based on media attention and public comments on the 2016 election, Ballotpedia believes the following candidates will be involved in the 2016 presidential election.
Democrats
Democratic Party Joe Biden
Democratic Party Hillary Clinton
Democratic Party Andrew Cuomo
Democratic Party Kirsten Gillibrand
Democratic Party Amy Klobuchar
Democratic Party Martin O'Malley
Democratic Party Bernie Sanders
Democratic Party Brian Schweitzer
Democratic Party Mark Warner
Democratic Party Elizabeth Warren
Democratic Party Jim Webb
Republicans
Republican Party Jeb Bush
Republican Party Ben Carson
Republican Party Chris Christie
Republican Party Ted Cruz
Republican Party Nikki Haley
Republican Party Mike Huckabee
Republican Party Bobby Jindal
Republican Party John Kasich
Republican Party Peter King
Republican Party Rand Paul
Republican Party Mike Pence
Republican Party Rick Perry
Republican Party Mitt Romney
Republican Party Marco Rubio
Republican Party Paul Ryan
Republican Party Brian Sandoval
Republican Party Rick Santorum
Republican Party Scott Walker
Edited by Chicog

Obama being the first black president was what I referred to as being the "first affirmative action president."

The extreme far right just can't stand it cheesy.gif A black president who's a Democrat, not Colin Powell the Republican cheesy.gifcheesy.gif And not 'Condi' Mushroom Cloud Rice either.The far right needs to start separating the affirmative action from the political action, which they cannot do.

The United States has been an ongoing experiment in democracy since early in the 17th century and it will continue to be well into the future as we prove yet more to the deniers.

Mitt Bush Romney Jeb do not have half the obstacles Barack Obama continues to have yet neither has become president, although I will grant Jeb has a high mountain before him because his little brother George aced him out in 2000 which means now the Republican party is trying to dump its leftover Bush on the country.

Willard Mitt Romney (his full name) still denies Romneycare had anything to do with him or he with it.

Obama being half black has nothing to do with anything. It's his lack of leadership skills and incompetence that is troubling, not to mention never being able to accept responsibility.

• Like 2

Not true the Democrats only took control in 2007 and then only with a slim majority. For most of his two terms Bush has a slim majority in Congress and the senate was split almost evenly.

Obama being half black has nothing to do with anything. It's his lack of leadership skills and incompetence that is troubling, not to mention never being able to accept responsibility.

A lot of the old white men, who make up a large chunk of Republican support, don't like a Black Man in the White House.

The Republicans have said Obama needs to take reponsibility for George's wars. They are his now. thumbsup.gif

A lot of the old white men, who make up a large chunk of Republican support, don't like a Black Man in the White House.

Please drop the stupid, dishonest talking points. They don't like THIS black man in the White House. Most would be fine with Dr Ben Carson or for that matter a black woman: Condi Rice.

Now that's a difficult one, but let me try.

Could it be because the ones you suggest have a republican party card?

Edited by Anthony5
  • Like 1

The Republicans have said Obama needs to take reponsibility for George's wars. They are his now. thumbsup.gif

Wow, what's up with the "old man" remark. I don't know anyone I'm aware of that has a problem with a black person being president. I do know a lot of people that are surprised Obama, is in the White House because of his lack of leadership skills, and his idiotic political ideology.

What's more disturbing, are the people who voted Obama, into the White House and continue to support him. Liberals have worn out implying critics of Obama, just don't like black people. Who cares if he is half black. The guy could be purple for all I care. I would think people would vote for the most qualified person. I suspect besides the dead people who voted for Obama, many voted for him because he is black.

Maybe the republicans could come up with a black candidate?

Naah they wont, because it would proof that people don't vote in a president because he's black.