Driving to Malaysia from Thailand

Chimera

Total westerner who doesn't know what the frig he's talking about.

I have also been there a few times without insurance but if you get stopped at a JYJ checkpoint they will either send you back to Thailand or impound your vehicle, there are reports in other forums of the latter happening.

Malaysia isn't Thailand you can't buy your way out of a problem with 500b or plead ignorance.

So, you managed to buy insurance without a translation ??

Mmmm,

Yes, i am a westerner because i have lived in kanchanaburi for thirty years

You pay 500baht? Wow, you must be new.

Malaysia is very like Thailand...a smile goes a long way as well as fluency in the language.

A translation....well my Thai is excellent so I do translations myself.

Glad you know what the frig you are talking about!

So after 30 years you must have adopted the attitude of a local 13 year old child.

100-200-500 baht whatever .. What your advising is illegal.

However fluent you think you may be, you can't translate your own book .. Lol ..

Like I said, I have been over a few times without insurance, it's possible and for myself I don't worry too much, but to advise others there is no worries is a dick move.

I live 40 minutes from the border - like you say it's all smiles - but when it comes on top - it's a big deal and it's a big problem.

I spoke to Malaysians who tell me it's not worth the trouble to travel without the permit and insurance. Malays aren't the same as Thai's, did you not notice them stopping at red lights and driving at 30 mph in a town in an orderly fashion, you very rarely see school kids riding a scooter, everyone's got a helmet on .. There's a reason for that.

• Like 1