Phuket: Proposal for efforts to attract ‘silver’ tourists

webfact

I am thinking Hua Hin is a better choice. The over 50 crowd can't do knife fights.

I'd consider living in Phuket if the Thai government took steps to ensure Thailand is a Buddhist Nation,...even making all government jobs only available to Buddhists.

There are too many folks of the Abrahamic faiths in Phuket,...which makes safety a top priority.

I'm not saying that anyone should be banned from the delusion of their choice,...but proselytizing Abrahamic practitioners are of the belief that they can Muslimize and Christianize the South,...which breeds terrorism and the contracted vibrations of Abrahamic religionists.

I visited Phuket last week and could see the impact that Abrahamic religionists have already been having on the normally expressive, smiling Thai population.

Where Thai Buddhist celebrate happy,...."There is no heresy or no philosophy which is so abhorrent to [the Abrahamic religions] as a human being." James Joyce

I live in a Muslim village beach town on Phuket. My landlord and most of the people around me are Muslims. They go to bed early and they don't drink. They're lovely people and never an issue. The above post is ridiculous. Safety an issue? That's silly.

i agree, the member's post is over the top, but let's not forget what happened in Bali.

The majority of Muslims are "lovely." Unfortunately, it only takes a few to run an operation, with deadly and devastating effect.

Perhaps the logic behind the "silver tourists" thing is the hope that with increased rates of senility & dementia comes less sensitivity to being scammed or criminally victimized and/or less likelihood of sufficient computer literacy to share "this-happened-to-me-in-Phuket" stories on the internet?

Perhaps the logic behind the "silver tourists" thing is the hope that with increased rates of senility & dementia comes less sensitivity to being scammed or criminally victimized and/or less likelihood of sufficient computer literacy to share "this-happened-to-me-in-Phuket" stories on the internet?

I can just see the "this-happened-to-me-in-Phuket" Facebook page. biggrin.png