Windows 8

SDM0712

Anyone know where I can get an official Windows 8 OK in Phuket. I need to buy a few PC's for a new office but want the official OS that gets the MS updates. Banana it told me Windows is all finished now, I'm not 100% sure he knew what I was after.

I have an official Windows version from Banana IT. So yes, may have been a communication problem.

That's what I thought. Which branch?

Regards

Stephen

Homepro Chalong

I guess you mean Banana IT in HomePro village. Last year they offered my official windows 8. To be honest the sales person had no idea what he was talking about and I passed. Best to download from Microsoft web site. But the OP has no browser. mmmm

I have an official Windows version from Banana IT. So yes, may have been a communication problem.

Regards

Stephen

Homepro Chalong

I guess you mean Banana IT in HomePro village. Last year they offered my official windows 8. To be honest the sales person had no idea what he was talking about and I passed. Best to download from Microsoft web site. But the OP has no browser. mmmm

Since I said 'Banana IT' 'Homepro Chalong', not much of a guess where I bought it :)

And yes, official CD.

• Like 1

I don't know. But if I get a machine with no OS how would I access the Internet?

Using a live CD with a Linux on it? Oh no, that would be too easy, and you might want to abandon your Windows plans after using the live image. whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1SW1

• Like 1

Regards

Stephen

Homepro Chalong

Thanks, I'll head down there over the weekend.

SDM

Edited by SDM0712

Regards

Stephen

Homepro Chalong

It's not that I have no browser, as I said I need to buy a few machines and they normally sell them here with no OS, so the new machine I buy will not have a browser. Or have I got that wrong?

Regards

Stephen

Homepro Chalong

Since I said 'Banana IT' 'Homepro Chalong', not much of a guess where I bought it :)

And yes, official CD.

And I know exactly where you mean, I didn't know it was called Homepro Village actually, been there hundreds of times as well.

Thanks again.

SDM

Actually you may have difficulty downloading it from here. You can buy it from several outlets here, online through InvadeIT which has a good reputation here. As you are buying new machines you may like to consider OM version. If you have a domain you may like to consider HOME cannot join a domain.

• Like 1

Basement in Big C.

You would think so but no. They are only interested in copy software.

Copy software will work and it will prompt the computer to notify you that you're using unlicensed software and it then gives you the option to buy a licence online.

So it will be useful if the OP can't find the original thing.

Personally I had no problem with XP

XP and 95/98 Not supported any more

Mainstream support for Win 7 has also ceased which is what the person at Banana IT might have been talking about.

I went back to Banana it last night and spoke to the manager. What the other chap meant was that they had sold out of official copies in that branch and he looked on their database and it seems that all of the other its are also sold out and awaiting new supplies.

SDM

Basement in Big C.

You would think so but no. They are only interested in copy software.

Copy software will work and it will prompt the computer to notify you that you're using unlicensed software and it then gives you the option to buy a licence online.

So it will be useful if the OP can't find the original thing.

That is interesting and might be the way to go. I didn't think of that.

SDM