Windows 8

SDM0712

Basement in Big C.

You would think so but no. They are only interested in copy software.

Copy software will work and it will prompt the computer to notify you that you're using unlicensed software and it then gives you the option to buy a licence online.

So it will be useful if the OP can't find the original thing.

bad move. Any virus or sypware may be installed and you do not have a safe computer/

Basement in Big C.

Copy software will work and it will prompt the computer to notify you that you're using unlicensed software and it then gives you the option to buy a licence online.

Sorry bit this is BS, I bought 2 Windows 8.1 disks in Banana It at Big C without any problem.

The issue of copies was never mentioned or proposed by them.

I did shop around at the other shops and most of them hds legal windows available for normal price.

Basement in Big C.

Sorry bit this is BS, I bought 2 Windows 8.1 disks in Banana It at Big C without any problem.

The issue of copies was never mentioned or proposed by them.

I did shop around at the other shops and most of them hds legal windows available for normal price.

Meh, I use Mac now.

More expensive Lenovo Thinkpads come with pre-installed official Windows. There is a Lenovo shop in Phuket town.

Other solutions, which might be feasible or not. I assume that you already have a working internet connection at your new office.

I don't know if you can boot and install Windows from memory stick, but if it's possible, then you might download the OS to you tablet or phone and move the file(s) or ISO image to a portable memory. Or boot the Windows directly from the phone's memory.

If you don't have suitable devices, then use Internet cafe to download.

If the download is too large to do be done at the internet cafe, then use the cafe to download small Linux distribution, boot your computer with Linux and use it to download and burn the Windows image to preferred medium.

You could also try for free the Windows 10 technical preview, i have it for months and never asked any license code just works perfectly plus they fixed the start menu as well wai2.gif

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview

Knowingly installing a keylogger from a company with the security reputation of Microsoft is asking for trouble imho.