im a farang living in thailand, most thais are below me

crickets

Yeah average farang is above the average thai, but your farang value drops to 0 when you mix in with the hi so crowd. I don't see myself above thais, I envy them, the way they watch out for each other, their strong family bonds etc we could all learn something from them.

Edited by Lukecan
  • Like 1

I generally have 1000 baht in my wallet everyday i can spend on shit i dont need. Does that make me above 90% of thai people?

Absolutely not. There are hundreds of thousands of Thais that have millions in the bank, several homes, hundreds of rai of land, exotic cars, etc. This is a relatively rich country, by third world standards. You do not know what a Thai person you are dealing with is worth. Sure, the typical street vendor is probably relatively modest, with regard to net worth. But even so. I know a woman who sells fruit shakes. She just bought a new truck, and paid all cash. I do not know too many people in the US who pay $30,000 cash for a new vehicle. She brokers real estate deals as a hobby, and pulls down commissions of up to 5 million baht. Never assume anything.

• Like 2

I agree with spidermike007. When I go through the neighborhood I can count 1 Benz owned by Thais every block if not more. Thais have an entrepreneur spirit and will make a business on selling something already sold. Thailand is also set up to make Thais successful not foreigners.

• Like 2

I generally have 1000 baht in my wallet everyday i can spend on shit i dont need. Does that make me above 90% of thai people?

Absolutely not. There are hundreds of thousands of Thais that have millions in the bank, several homes, hundreds of rai of land, exotic cars, etc. This is a relatively rich country, by third world standards. You do not know what a Thai person you are dealing with is worth. Sure, the typical street vendor is probably relatively modest, with regard to net worth. But even so. I know a woman who sells fruit shakes. She just bought a new truck, and paid all cash. I do not know too many people in the US who pay $30,000 cash for a new vehicle. She brokers real estate deals as a hobby, and pulls down commissions of up to 5 million baht. Never assume anything.

I bet she has an Uncle who is a big police too. And other Uncle big Navy.

cheesy.gif

I get the feeling that farangs living here feel they are above most thai people and because farangs have money and the thai people are just here to serve there life style. Do U agree?

My neighbors parks his brand new bmw z4 and hummer in his garden, its quite the opposite when I speak to him lol

Not all 'farangs' have loads of money, some do but I would'nt under estimate how much money some Thais have in assets etc

Yes. Most Thais are beneath me. I am 6' 1 1/2". I have an IQ of 162. Haven't needed to work for the last 7 years, monetarily. And my gf is beneath me in bed on a regular basis. I've lived a life most would envy.

This post reminds me of a Diana Ross song....." I am coming out "...got the world to know...gotta let it show....

Tell us, well me at least, am dying to know.....

Yes. Most Thais are beneath me. I am 6' 1 1/2". I have an IQ of 162. Haven't needed to work for the last 7 years, monetarily. And my gf is beneath me in bed on a regular basis. I've lived a life most would envy.

This post reminds me of a Diana Ross song....." I am coming out "...got the world to know...gotta let it show....

Tell us, well me at least, am dying to know.....

Sorry. Don't know that song. Maybe "Mocking Song" would be more pertinent.

No she doesnt I know a lot of people in real estate, though money is good yours is ludicrous, commission is generally 3%

"I get the feeling that farangs living here feel think they are above most thai people and because farangs think they have money and the thai people are just here to serve there life style. Do U agree?"

Crickets, if you changed the OP to read as bold above, then yes, i would agree.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My neighbor has a Lamborghini shop.. something tells me he has tad bit more coin. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4 alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

My neighbor buys from the Lamborghini shop.......................coffee1.gif

tongue.png

No she doesnt I know a lot of people in real estate, though money is good yours is ludicrous, commission is generally 3%

Correct. it was a commission on a 5 million dollar deal. 150 million baht. thank you very much.

I bet she has an Uncle who is a big police too. And other Uncle big Navy.

cheesy.gif

Incorrect. She did it entirely on her own. She comes from a simple family. She did not have any help. She started from scratch, and used her smarts, and business acumen to achieve everything she has achieved in life. A real success story. She has been the benefactor for the construction of a new temple in her home town. Most of the funds for that temple she raised herself. Very impressive woman. I know it is hard for some of you to believe, and I know it goes against the preconceived notions many on this forum of the Thai people. But, some are very clever at business, and some are very successful. This women probably earns more money than you do.

Edited by spidermike007

OP, what you mean is most Thais are 'below' you according to what amount of money they have, but again, when you refer to someone as 'below' you, you could also mean, not as important as you.

No one is any more important than anyone else, and being poorer does not mean someone is 'below' you, or if richer, 'above' you, I don't know about Thai titles, but If I met or was introduced to someone with a 'Sir' in front of their name, I would deliberately refer to them as 'Mr', as I do not believe in titles, or class anyone 'above' me.

Correct. it was a commission on a 5 million dollar deal. 150 million baht. thank you very much.

Oh yeah sure she does this every year eh...part time and all the time selling drinks...........hmmmmmmmmm

A one off if shes lucky.