any alternative to True Vision?

marino28

Good evening,

i will like to see some movie in english and they told me that the only solution is to subscribe to True vision? Are there any alternative, to have a good selection of Movie in english?

I am in Pattaya, and i already have the cable tv in the condo, but i don't really like it that much.

Thank you very much

Not really.

You can get Astro from Malaysia via some of the shops that sell subscriptions but that has its own brand of censorship.

Best solution is a good internet connection and one of the streaming services, you may need a VPN or similar to view area locked content (and a free VPN almost certainly won't be fast enough).

Not really.

You can get Astro from Malaysia via some of the shops that sell subscriptions but that has its own brand of censorship.

Best solution is a good internet connection and one of the streaming services, you may need a VPN or similar to view area locked content (and a free VPN almost certainly won't be fast enough).

I can't agree with you on that Crossy!

I occasionally use Hola on Firefox an it works fine... for anything I have tried. (UK mostly) The problem is having to use the mouse to navigate and change programs...

I now use an IPTV service, except for the odd programs... I want to watch on Iplayer...

My connection is 3 BB @ 13mbs...thumbsup.gif

For several years I used Astro, that worked fine (at least on Samui, dish size matters!) but IPTV provides many more channels, TV radio, Movies, for less cost! wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

If you can live with all titles being written in Chinese (i.e. you have to read the poster thumbnails to figure out what's what), I can heartily recommend MaigeTV (IP streamer). Even just for their VOD services alone (which IMHO, beat Netflix), and forgetting that they have 60+ HD English live channels as well...

GMMZ has a good choice of channels including English Premier League.

Even has a USB socket so you can record.

Much cheaper than True.

http://www.gmmz.tv/package.php

I totally agree. GMMZ is one of the best available and very reasonably priced. You can a huge Movie Add-on to the basic package for 299Bt monthly OR 1500Bt for 12 months.

I am so pleased I dumped True Visions when they lost EPL.

• Like 1

My main preference is to download movies from Youtube, onto an external hard drive.. A lot of the movies are in HD quality, and don't have all the Truevision advertising crap on the screen. When we want to watch a movie, we just plug the harddrive into the TV USB port, and have a selection of over 500 movies that I have downloaded. Also, the hardrive remembers the place in the movie when we switch off the TV, so we can continue watching at another time.

• Like 1

slightly off-topic

is Australia Plus still being shown in Thailand ?

I noticed it on the Platinum list posted above by ocean268, but here in Samui it's gone from Samui Cable ...

Yes, I have it here in Pattaya on Thipmanee cable.

To answer the OP.

I bought a minix neo X8-H Plus box thing that is advertised on facebook, I now have thousands on channels all for free (need a decent internet connection). box cost me Bt6500.

I recently gave up Truevisions. Got fed up with the repeats and endless adverts. I have bought a subscription to ThaiExpat TV which shows UK TV over the last 7 days. It has all the main channels and has more than enough content to keep me entertained, and I can view the content when I wish. Cheaper than Truevisions but you do need an Internet connection. I also take it with me to view in the Philippines where it works a treat. I guess it will work anywhere you have an Internet connection. www.thaiexpat.tv

No connection with the company other than a satisfied user.

ETA website link

Edited by Huggybearman

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

^ Buzz..... Available at: Kodi>Navi-X>IPTV>Australia Plus. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/787183-australia-plus-via-xbmc/

tks very much rBKK !

so i have to download Kodi's software xbmc first eh ... will see how it goes !

XBMC has been renamed Kodi. Yes, it is a steep learning curve ( Google is your friend) , but just recently after I came across this addon: http://iclosedz.github.io/uPlayHD-xbmc-addons/ and I now have 166 channels -premium/sports/news/movies (True /CTH/GMM etc). It has been worth the effort in cost savings! RIP Truevisions.....

• Like 1

Purchase a decent VPN and Netflicks. You will be able to see many movies and other streaming TV shows.

Cost will be about $7 a month for the VPN and $8 per month for Netflicks.

Probably other TV service you can buy also once you have the VPN.

Purchase a decent VPN and Netflicks. You will be able to see many movies and other streaming TV shows.

Cost will be about $7 a month for the VPN and $8 per month for Netflicks.

Probably other TV service you can buy also once you have the VPN.

For Netflix, the free version of Hola.org has always worked for me... But if you currently have an IPTV service with VOD, Netflix may or may not be a great choice. I find that while it has more series available, it lags way behind when it comes to new Episodes, and there's a lot of B grade and very, very old titles there. Also, it's very clear that there's whole studio catalogs missing from it's library. As for movies, it's back to the old days of 6-12 months after theatrical release, and shelves filled with B grade fillers just like good old Blockbuster shops wink.png

That said, at USD $8/mth for 2 concurrent streams it's not expensive - and it works well as an online replacement for a movie rental shop.

I wonder just how many Netflix customers live in the 90210 zip code? tongue.png

Edited by IMHO

slightly off-topic

is Australia Plus still being shown in Thailand ?

I noticed it on the Platinum list posted above by ocean268, but here in Samui it's gone from Samui Cable ...

aus plus still on true vision, smart family package