WP cancelled, can i get tourist visa or?

Hi,

in a few months my WP/extension will be cancelled, since i resigned.

I had the wp about a few years and before that i had a few visa exempt runs and 1 multiple entry visa from Laos.

I can see there have been a lot of stuff going on in regards to visa runs etc, so i feel quite unsure

You think that i could get a new tourist visa (multiple entry) from Laos? so at least i can "buy" about 180 days until i figure out what my long term options might be?

Also, if possible... did i understand it correct, that you can only get one of these multiple entry tourist visas and then its no longer possible? (unless maybe from own thai consulate in own/home country)

Cheers

You can get a 2 entry tourist visa in Laos. You can get as many as 3 of them back to back.

There is not rule saying you have to go home to get another one.

If you have resigned already you extension of stay is no longer valid. It ends on the date you stop working.

If you have already resigned and your company has cancelled the WP, you could be in an overstay position.

If you resign, or officially leave your place of work, this is the important date, not the date your ex-extension was valid to.

Edit: Sorry, i see Joe has already commented on that

Edited by chrisinth

Sorry for being unclear about my resignation. i resigned but last day will be in a few months time. i think WP should still be valid as i still get salery and pay tax :)

Just trying to plan a bit ahead of time :)

Thank you to both of you guys.

You can get a 2 entry tourist visa in Laos. You can get as many as 3 of them back to back.

If you have resigned already you extension of stay is no longer valid. It ends on the date you stop working.

Is that right - 3 Back to back double entry visas?

1. So just to confirm - After the first double entry - There is no requirement to leave Thailand and return with say a visa exempt - Before making the second back to back application?

2. And after you have done these three back to back double tourist visas - Is there any way to reset that rule - i.e So you can begin the three back to back double tourist count again?

You have handed in your notice of resignation .. resigned means you have finished work!

He has given advanced notice as a lot of companies require. By doing so his visa is still valid as he is still employed. It will expire after his last day of work, i.e. when he actually ceases to work for his employer.

Excellent Info. Can i get a double entry tourist visa from penang also?

My contract ends at the end of Feb but my Non Imm B visa expires in Mid March.

They are working on my WP now, but I don't know if that can happen before end of contract.

I inquired but there's no visibility into a follow-on contract at this time.

I want to have a Plan B ready in case they drag their feet.

Thanks

Is that right - 3 Back to back double entry visas?

1. So just to confirm - After the first double entry - There is no requirement to leave Thailand and return with say a visa exempt - Before making the second back to back application?

2. And after you have done these three back to back double tourist visas - Is there any way to reset that rule - i.e So you can begin the three back to back double tourist count again?

1. There have been many reports on the forum of people getting back to back tourist visas. Just go back for another visa after the one you have is finished.

2. Go someplace else for a visa to break the chain. Making a trip home to get one would be the best chain breaker.

• Like 1

You have handed in your notice of resignation .. resigned means you have finished work!

He has given advanced notice as a lot of companies require. By doing so his visa is still valid as he is still employed. It will expire after his last day of work, i.e. when he actually ceases to work for his employer.

I know. That's what I said :-D

Unkess home is the US and the vusa vehicle is the embassy.

As soneone stated...I think if you killed your wp, your are overstay from that day fwd - nit the end of your visa. You are also going to need a letter of severence to show at the border or oerhaos stamped prior in yoyr passport.

Heads uo, b500 a day plus admonishment and spankings.

Not really. As shown, to resign can mean to hand in one's notice and "notice" would mean your intention to leave in future.

re·sign
rəˈzīn/
verb
  1. 1.
    voluntarily leave a job or other position.
    "he resigned from the government in protest at the policy"
    synonyms: leave, hand in one's notice, give notice, stand down, step down;
    informalquit, jump ship

Not really. As shown, to resign can mean to hand in one's notice and "notice" would mean your intention to leave in future.

re·sign

rəˈzīn/

verb

informalquit, jump ship

Is that honestly how you read it?

is that honestly how you would say it under the circumstances?

re·sign

rəˈzīn/

verb

informalquit, jump ship

Is that honestly how you read it?

is that honestly how you would say it under the circumstances?

That is actually how I read your post and thus my response. But it is neither here nor there. One of the wonderful things about language is that it is open to a multitude of interpretations, not all of them correct.

Sorry for being unclear about my resignation. i resigned but last day will be in a few months time. i think WP should still be valid as i still get salery and pay tax smile.png

Just trying to plan a bit ahead of time smile.png

Thank you to both of you guys.

----------------------------

When your company summits your resignation to the Ministry of Labor, that is the day you resign.

If they agree to delay that resignation, and carry you as an employee, then you are still working for them.

It all depends on what the company does, when they say you no longer work for them, your work permit ends.

If they are still paying you, even if it is an "inactive post" (like a Thai government worker who gets assigned to an "inactive post") your work permit is still valid until it is submitted for cancellation.

Most contracts have a resignation period. So if I was the hand in my notice on Monday morning I would still have to work for 3 months.

The date you leave work is your final working day. Not the day you hand in the letter.

Most contracts have a resignation period. So if I was the hand in my notice on Monday morning I would still have to work for 3 months.

The date you leave work is your final working day. Not the day you hand in the letter.

Exactly what was in my post. Thanks!