What would u like to see from Big C?

Lonewolf77

I would like to be able to find some staff member who can communicate in English.

How many staff are fluent in Thai in Tescos in England?

If you really try hard...and don't be a <deleted>...I think you will be able to communicate your needs to the staff.

Many Thais are "shy" and won't approach you first.

A simple question like excuse me can you help me find this... can get you going.

The Thai people have been learning English for over 50 years in their schools

.I can say this with some certainty as the wife just turned 49. (Not to say they are fluent in any way or manner, but most know some the basic words. Hello, can I help you...blah blah blah.

They know a lot more than the many expat pompous pricks will give them credit for (and most likely the reason why they dislike said expats so much).

• Like 1

I would like to be able to find some staff member who can communicate in English.

How many staff are fluent in Thai in Tescos in England?

If you really try hard...and don't be a <deleted>...I think you will be able to communicate your needs to the staff.

Many Thais are "shy" and won't approach you first.

A simple question like excuse me can you help me find this... can get you going.

The Thai people have been learning English for over 50 years in their schools

.I can say this with some certainty as the wife just turned 49. (Not to say they are fluent in any way or manner, but most know some the basic words. Hello, can I help you...blah blah blah.

They know a lot more than the many expat pompous pricks will give them credit for (and most likely the reason why they dislike said expats so much).

I live in Angthong. We have lived here since 1997. My wife is Thai but studied in the USA and is fluent in English. My wife and I usually shop in Angthong, Suphanburi, and Ayutthaya.

First let me clarify something, You don't know me. I am not one of those expat pompous pricks that you are talking about. I understand that this is Thailand and the primary language is Thai. That is why I make every effort to speak slowly and use simple words.

The Thai people have been "studying" English for over 50 years. English is the International language. However, many have not "learned" English. I was a volunteer English teacher for many years and am well aware of the issues you have raised. Yes, most Thais know basic words like; Hello, Stand up please., Good morning Teacher, How are you? I am fine thank you and YOU. Please sit down, Thank you teacher.

This thread is about Big C, not Tesco. Why do you bring up Tesco in England. By the way I have a much easier time finding English speakers at Tesco and Makro.

The title is "What would u like to see from Big C?" I am not demanding English speakers.

Real Kosher Style Dill Pickles

I love Sour Pickles

I make my own.

GARLIC DILL PICKLES

Ingredients:

4 Cups Water

¼ Cup Natural Sea Salt (non-iodized)

½ Cup White Vinegar

Cucumbers

6 pcs. Peeled Garlic

3 pcs Dried Red Chilis

Fresh Dill

1 tsp Whole Black Peppercorns

Boil water and salt to make a hot brine.

Pack cucumbers, garlic, chilis, black peppercorns, and dill into a sterilized jar. Fill with hot brine to cover leaving enough space for ½ cup of vinegar. Add the vinegar and cap.

Leave on the counter for 1 day. Then refrigerate.

post-131606-0-40205600-1421330984_thumb.

• Like 1

Deli turkey meats, Mexican foods (salsa, tortillas & tortilla chips, cheeses), Giardiniera (a Chicago food, my God I miss that). That's it off the top off my head.

--Pitts

Try making your own:

https://www.google.com/search?num=20&rlz=1C1GTPM_enTH576TH576&es_sm=93&q=chicago+style+giardiniera+recipe&oq=Chicago+Giardiniera+recipe&gs_l=serp.1.0.0i7i30l2j0j0i7i30l3j0i30j0i5i30l2j0i8i30.4267.10544.0.15543.8.8.0.0.0.0.90.640.8.8.0.msedr...0...1c.1.60.serp..0.8.638.cyqDBXkF5Ic

corn tortillas I used to make back home, but you can't buy masa harina in Thailand (that I know of) and making your own cheeses is a bit of a stretch for most people, but I generally agree that people should do more home-made.

Less rats as they seem to be infested in pattaya bigc xtra...Maybe the xtra is for xtra rodents

. Found cockroaches in hot food area, Never went Back... Prefer Tesco, even though I hate their cash registers, you can't see the prices, so small

Organization:

Does the (insert any object like cheese...sauces...etc...) really have to be in 5 different places! I am referring to the BigC Extra in Pattaya.

In the US there is a section for Hispanic, Indian, Asian food. In Thailand I think they purposefully scatter all of the food I want all over the store.

"I am referring to the BigC Extra in Pattaya."

Not sure of what exact changes they may have made to the layout, but it seems to me the organization was largely inherited from Carrefour.

In the US there is a section for Hispanic, Indian, Asian food ...

So those things that are components of Thai, Hispanic, Indian and/or farang food would need to appear in multiple sections?

This isn't the US. Finding things in grocery stores here isn't that challenging and once you've located them one time, you ought to be able to remember where they are. Some large US grocery stores seem to organize things using unfathomable logic too, but after surviving the maze a couple of times you can work out where to look for things you want. You can't expect every store to organize things to suit every customer.

Lets not over complicate this. It is really simple to make sections for different kind of foods and ethnic groups. Makro Express (or whatever its called on North Pattaya road) has a section for each kind of food and the selection is actually quite good. BigC Extra has miles of real estate. It would be so easy for them make separate sections for this.

They make an attempt but it is organized horribly. There are 2 aisles of just sauces and cooking oils...etc. On the end of one aisle on the bottom row is a section for "imported sauces" I looked there, but can not find Korean BBQ sauce anywhere. No one in the store can seem to find it either. Every time I ask for anything there, I end up walking around with an associate endlessly until I finally just give up on them.

This isn't the US. I am well aware of that. In the US I can go shopping at any new store and find what I want within a few minutes. Here I sometimes have to go to multiple stores just to find basic ingredients. I don't expect the same level of availability and selection here, but when I go shopping It seems like I am playing a game of scavenger hunt or something.

As you are asking, I'll tell you what I would like.....from BigC.

I would like everything to be free in there, so I don't have to give them or Tesco,2 or 3 thousand of my precious money every week.

Also perhaps Costas a good extra virgin, Kalamata's and a superb Raki ? Tekanis Cala

• Like 1

Do they have "pike blend" coffee ? Starbucks does wonder if Big C does ?

broken_record_by_brokenchar-d39gjga.jpg Springs to mind .

Why, a perfectly legitimate enquiry, please prove to me that Starbucks doesn't have pike blend, or categorically prove big C doesn't sell it....perfectly reasonable question on this thread

In terms of your comment, half wit springs to mind

Edited by Soutpeel