Thai Constitutional Court offers 'Democracy Course'

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Could it be worse than that offered in the red shirt democracy schools that suddenly sprung up in northern parts during 2010?

yes

red shirts actually care about democracy

"red shirts actually care about democracy"

So how do you explain the various actions of the previous red gov't to create / install a dictatorship?

explain when and how that happened.

see, cause that is just all in your own imagination.

what we have now qualifies.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Could it be worse than that offered in the red shirt democracy schools that suddenly sprung up in northern parts during 2010?

yes

So how do you explain the various actions of the previous red gov't to create / install a dictatorship?

Me: So how do you explain the various actions of the previous red gov't to create / install a dictatorship?

You: explain when and how that happened.

Me: No need to explain, well documented in many articles and reports in various media, but perhaps you were sleeping for the last several years.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

Which consitution are they going to educate the population about?

They have 13 to choose from. My country doesn't even have one, and we manage just fine for hundreds of years with what many would consider a model for international democracy.

Excuse me if I miss this event.

Yes there are countries without a stand alone constitution but in reality, in most cases, they have many many laws which in fact create the same thing as a constitution.

Therefore your point has no meaning.

Thai culture is not conducive to democracy, with the act of kreng jai and not questioning your superior they are taught from very young to accept. That is not the root of democracy.

So what's your point:

- Therefore Thailand should or should not try to establish good quality democracy?

The ones who need it most would not attend for they already know that democracy means winning elections by any means, then doing anything you like.

Utter nonsense. The elections were not won by any means. They were won by means pursuant to electoral law and the royally endorsed constitution of the time.

Thai democracy is not Democracy at all. In Thailand, dissent and disagreement is seen as troublemaking. Democracy itself is based on differing views. This is why the powers in this land always site political disagreement as a reason why Democracy doesn't work for Thailand, and continually abuse the people's rights using guns.

There will be nothing approximate to Democracy in Thailand in our lifetimes and the only reason why this cannot be generally understood is because to explain it is to break the law.

Perhaps you would like to consider: the letter of the law, the intent of the law, what is immoral but is within the letter of the law, etc?

yes

Me: So how do you explain the various actions of the previous red gov't to create / install a dictatorship?

Me: No need to explain, well documented in many articles and reports in various media, but perhaps you were sleeping for the last several years.

You : the previous government that followed the constitution, dissolved parliament, and called for elections was a dictatorship.

Me : cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by tbthailand

Now, if the course offered had subjects titled;

• How to pass an amnesty bill that the majority did not want, but one unelected, accused mass murderer, accused terrorist, convicted criminal fugitive did want
  • How to disallow the opposition to debate constitutional amendments that an unelected fugitive did want
  • How to tell voters they will get what they want when they vote PTP
  • How to allow a convicted criminal to run the country under the guise of democracy
  • How to intimidate families in Khon Kaen at the university that wanted to hear the Right Honorable Ahbisit speak, but had to take their crying children home because of the fear that was installed in them
  • How to force the majority (at the barrel of a gun mind you) to stop protesting because the voice of THAT majority did not suit the agenda
  • How to foster and encourage a majority that does suit the agenda.
  • How to tell protestors that they are garbage.
  • How to threaten protesters with violence in Chiang Mai under the guise of democracy
  • How to foster confidence in flood management even though the flood management control centre flooded
  • How to get away with an unelected criminal pining the insignia on a police chief that is supposed to arrest uneletced criminals
  • How to silence the opposition by telling the media "The driver did it"
  • How to threaten to behead themselves if an unelected leader of a government is not back in Thailand by the 1st of January 2013. Another broken promise.
  • How to run a country with only a 40% parliamentary attendance rate
  • How to run a rice scheme with a 0% attendance rate
  • How to scapegoat the Junta for the coup when the defense minister refused to defend polling stations with her very own military. Not one command. Not one order. Not one promise. Not even anyone ordering the army on her behalf! She was not in the Maldives at that stage.
  • How to blame the tax payer, the rural doctors, the rice farmers,the corn farmers, the woman's league, the first car buyers that defaulted on loans, the environmentalists (garbage), the rubber farmers, academics, unions, businesses, students, teachers, academics, public servants, consumer advocates, economists, scientists, businessmen, judges, lawyers, professors and soldiers for all the faults of the PTP.
  • How to set up red villages to intimidate opposition that live in those very villages.
  • How to set up red schools to "teach" a form of democracy that would make the Maosit teachers of China blush. Heay Dr Weng!
  • How to let terrorist act with impunity arresting 0% while 100% of opposition terrorists ARE arrested.

Seems the Junta have a lot of work in front of them in reminding the 7% minority terrorists that democracy is none of the above, but was still witnessed because 1 principle allowed it. (No wonder the majority don't support them now!)

So when they say they have a course, I can only assume it must be a very long course after the last 3 year example of democracy we have witnessed. Yes, yes there was a 1 day example of democracy when the PTP where elected. I am talking about the other 900 odd days.

What would be ironic is if the PTP offered this course….

Hang on they did….But it was limited to red shirts in red villages in the north and north east.

Why? Because the remainder would have seen through it quicker than a person saying "Hang on, I don't support the amnesty bill so why did it pass"!

Which consitution are they going to educate the population about?

They have 13 to choose from. My country doesn't even have one, and we manage just fine for hundreds of years with what many would consider a model for international democracy.

Excuse me if I miss this event.

Yes there are countries without a stand alone constitution but in reality, in most cases, they have many many laws which in fact create the same thing as a constitution.

Therefore your point has no meaning.

The point is, that with a functioning legal system with basic underpinning you don't even need a constitution, but if you have one and no reliable legal system a constitution won't work anyway.

They are actually fixing the wrong thing.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Err... do they know what democracy is, to begin with.

Sure do they know what democracy is, but they like to install somethings else and try to sell it as democracy. whistling.gif

I would call this simple Propaganda. giggle.gif

This is one reason why in a lot of countries in the world, still a lot of ppl illiterate, they are easier to govern.

Feed and entertain the folk, and they will be qiet, as long there is not somebody who pay 1 party, to making protests, to distabalize the actually goverment.

Nothing has changed the last 2000 years as Nero said: Keeping the folk qiet is very simple. "Panem et circensis". coffee1.gif

• Like 1

6 of 1. half dozen of the other.

Same same but different.

Though one did have a little more freedoms than the other.

You are right of course the children in the red areas had no choice but to attend the red schools and everyone had to listen to the red propaganda spewed out over the loudspeakers every day.

No freedom of thought or speech as anyone speaking out against the red doctrine would have been severely dealt to.

Heck they even prevented politicians from other parties from campaigning in those areas, killing one of the campaigners to make their point.

Have you got any thing to support this nonsense ?

Any comment about Sutheps mob closing polling stations and forcibly preventing people from exercising their right to vote ??

• Like 1

• How to pass an amnesty bill that the majority did not want, but one unelected, accused mass murderer, accused terrorist, convicted criminal fugitive did want
  • How to disallow the opposition to debate constitutional amendments that an unelected fugitive did want
  • How to allow a convicted criminal to run the country under the guise of democracy
  • How to intimidate families in Khon Kaen at the university that wanted to hear the Right Honorable Ahbisit speak, but had to take their crying children home because of the fear that was installed in them
  • How to force the majority (at the barrel of a gun mind you) to stop protesting because the voice of THAT majority did not suit the agenda
  • How to threaten protesters with violence in Chiang Mai under the guise of democracy
  • How to foster confidence in flood management even though the flood management control centre flooded
  • How to get away with an unelected criminal pining the insignia on a police chief that is supposed to arrest uneletced criminals
  • How to threaten to behead themselves if an unelected leader of a government is not back in Thailand by the 1st of January 2013. Another broken promise.
  • How to scapegoat the Junta for the coup when the defense minister refused to defend polling stations with her very own military. Not one command. Not one order. Not one promise. Not even anyone ordering the army on her behalf! She was not in the Maldives at that stage.
  • How to blame the tax payer, the rural doctors, the rice farmers,the corn farmers, the woman's league, the first car buyers that defaulted on loans, the environmentalists (garbage), the rubber farmers, academics, unions, businesses, students, teachers, academics, public servants, consumer advocates, economists, scientists, businessmen, judges, lawyers, professors and soldiers for all the faults of the PTP.
  • How to set up red villages to intimidate opposition that live in those very villages.
  • How to set up red schools to "teach" a form of democracy that would make the Maosit teachers of China blush. Heay Dr Weng!
  • How to let terrorist act with impunity arresting 0% while 100% of opposition terrorists ARE arrested.

Seems the Junta have a lot of work in front of them in reminding the 7% minority terrorists that democracy is none of the above, but was still witnessed because 1 principle allowed it. (No wonder the majority don't support them now!)

So when they say they have a course, I can only assume it must be a very long course after the last 3 year example of democracy we have witnessed. Yes, yes there was a 1 day example of democracy when the PTP where elected. I am talking about the other 900 odd days.

Thank you for your efforts, but I really am sorry I read it.

The acuity of your remarks is mind boggling

Thank you so much but I have to wonder, who helps you with your script ?

Are you actually in Thailand ??

yes

A different Me: Spot on! thumbsup.gif

Thank you for your efforts, but I really am sorry I read it.

The acuity of your remarks is mind boggling

Thank you so much but I have to wonder, who helps you with your script ?

Are you actually in Thailand ??

Of course hes not, he lives in a real democracy just prefers to have his cake and eat it while big upping Juntas and the like.

Guys obsessed with the Shins bless and totally colourblind any option bar them is all hes interested in, dosnt matter how backwards it is.

This lot offering a "democracy course" is so pathetic it isnt even worth pulling apart.coffee1.gif

• Like 1