How does one get a Taxpayer ID, without a WP?

bangmai

in my case it involved setting up a legal partnership ie just two persons involved which then "sort of" ties you to employing and accountant. the tax i.d. Becomes a pre requisite.

I did change things radically within a year but the tourist visa; never had anything different

Can I do this anywhere in Thailand, or do I have to do it in the area where I live?

You will have to register in the area you live...and you will need proof of residency papers, copy of your passport, copy of your rental agreement, bank paperwork which the bank will fill out for you, copy of your bank book...at least that is what was required for my tax refund here in Pattaya. I just completed my paperwork at the revenue office in Jomtien a few weeks ago....refund check will be mailed to me in two or three months......same as last year....lol..?

I just got a yellowbook, and BKKBank provided the form on the with-holdings free of charge...so I will give it a go. I was able to get a permit to import cigars without taxpayer ID or Yellow book, if anyone is interested....that was the Excise Department. But, as far as tax refund..if it indeed works as stated, then that will make my banking much more competitive, and may go for the taxed 3.2 instead of the untaxed 2.3......