A Thai study on airline tickets is under way to find out air fares can be further cut

webfact

A study on airline tickets is under way to find out air fares can be further cut

15-1-2558-16-45-18-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Civil Aviation Department has been told by the Transport Minister Prajin Juntong to look into the costs of airline tickets to find out whether the air fares of airlines can be further adjusted downward.

It was discovered that despite the substantial reduction of global oil prices in the past several months several airlines still include fuel surcharge in their ticket fares.

Regarding the low air fares charged by low-cost airlines, ACM Prajin said that the airlines could charge even rock-bottom air fares because it is a free competition and the ministry should not intervene.

However, he cautioned that lowering the fair fares too much could affect the business of the airlines concerned.

Meanwhile, Thai Air Asia CEO Mr Tasaphol Belevel disclosed that the airline would scrap fuel surcharge of international flights but would maintain the surcharge for domestic flights.

Nok Air CEO Pathee Sarasin said that the airline has never charged fuel surcharge separately as the surcharge was already included in the air fares.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/study-airline-tickets-way-find-air-fares-can-cut

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-01-15

Some fares are high, some fares are low. Not the business of the government. Its up to us to decide who we use. I find a return fare Bangkok to Brisbane for Bht 18,395. but others are charging Bht 25,350....................guess which one i will use. coffee1.gif

And last week the same guy wanted to raise airline ticket prices. Comical.

"BANGKOK – Thailand’s military government is asking domestic “low-cost” airlines to raise their ticket prices to prevent stealing market share from inter-provincial bus companies.

Thailand's Minister of Transport, Air Chief Marshal Prajin Janthong, said the cheap fares for domestic flights offered by low-cost airlines are hampering the business of public bus companies in Thailand.
"We cannot set the fares of low-cost airlines, but we will seek cooperation from these airlines to refrain from setting fares that are too low, because they may affect other types of public transportation," said ACM Prajin, who also sits in the ruling military junta."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/790456-thai-govt-wants-to-raise-fares-of-low-cost-airlines/

He say domestic fare too low; but international fare too high.

• Like 1

All airlines use modern very safe Aircraft. Can the same be said of the bus companies with their buses. I was looking at one recently which had just arrived in Suratthani from Bangkok. Great lumps of bog in the body work, all tyres not the same, a couple of them had seen their "use by date". But it had lots of pretty baubles and stickers with multi coloured lights fixed to the windscreen, so much so that i doubt the passengers could see out the front. w00t.gifwhistling.gif

These are the very bus companies which the government are keen to support, mostly owned by one Hi-so lady operator.

mostly owned by one Hi-so lady operator.

http://translate.google.co.th/translate?hl=en&sl=th&u=http://www.cherdchai.com/home.php%3Fgroup%3D8&prev=search

I think you may find the psychedelic magic buses are owned by others.

"BANGKOK – Thailand’s military government is asking domestic “low-cost” airlines to raise their ticket prices to prevent stealing market share from inter-provincial bus companies.

Thailand's Minister of Transport, Air Chief Marshal Prajin Janthong, said the cheap fares for domestic flights offered by low-cost airlines are hampering the business of public bus companies in Thailand.
"We cannot set the fares of low-cost airlines, but we will seek cooperation from these airlines to refrain from setting fares that are too low, because they may affect other types of public transportation," said ACM Prajin, who also sits in the ruling military junta."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/790456-thai-govt-wants-to-raise-fares-of-low-cost-airlines/

Maybe he has a bipolar condition.

• Like 1

All airlines use modern very safe Aircraft. Can the same be said of the bus companies with their buses. I was looking at one recently which had just arrived in Suratthani from Bangkok. Great lumps of bog in the body work, all tyres not the same, a couple of them had seen their "use by date". But it had lots of pretty baubles and stickers with multi coloured lights fixed to the windscreen, so much so that i doubt the passengers could see out the front. w00t.gifwhistling.gif

These are the very bus companies which the government are keen to support, mostly owned by one Hi-so lady operator.

mostly owned by one Hi-so lady operator.

http://translate.google.co.th/translate?hl=en&sl=th&u=http://www.cherdchai.com/home.php%3Fgroup%3D8&prev=search

I think you may find the psychedelic magic buses are owned by others.

No one said anything about them being magic... what sort of busses you been seeing or catching recently?

"BANGKOK Thailands military government is asking domestic low-cost airlines to raise their ticket prices to prevent stealing market share from inter-provincial bus companies.

I think the soldiers have no idea on how to run a country. They below out in the scrub playing with thier toys

I though last week they wanted low cost carriers to put the fairs up because it was affecting Bus companies

"Regarding the low air fares charged by low-cost airlines, ACM Prajin said that the airlines could charge even rock-bottom air fares because it is a free competition and the ministry should not intervene.'

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Maybe he has a bipolar condition.

i Just posted the same. Just Nonsense being released by this Junta on a Daily Basis

A Thai study on airline tickets is under way to find out air fares can be further cut.

They working now on a restructuring plan for Thai Airways?

Flew from Melbourne last night on Thai Airways and the plane was totally empty. It was a shared flight b/w Thai, Turkey and Austria Airways and everyone on the flight had 3 seats to themselves to lay down and take a nap. They must have lost money just firing the engines up.

>>It was discovered that despite the substantial reduction of global oil prices in the past several months several airlines still include fuel surcharge in their ticket fares.<< Quote

Probably because the airlines hedge their fuel prices long time ahead, and are more than likely right now paying way above world market prices......................coffee1.gif

Might be so, yet the cost of the fuel should be a part of the ticket price and not collected separately. You don't pay diesel price on top of your bus fare, do you? Besides, now that they hedge fuel prices at lower costs for the future, they are NOT going to reduce their charges later, and if fuel prices go up again, they'll probably INCREASE their charges claiming higher fuel costs....

Airlines have re-educated us all in the past few years. It used to be that if you collected enough miles for a FREE ticket, the ticket was actually FREE, and you only paid for airport taxes. I wanted use my miles for a FREE ticket last month with Thai Airways. The FUEL and other AIRLINE charges they asked for accumulated to 31,600 THB!!!!!!!!!! A ticket by the cheaper airlines (normal airlines, not low cost!) to the same destination was between 24,000 to 31,000 THB ALL INCLUDED

• Like 2

I was recently booked BKK-LHR-BKK plus two internal UK flights.

Prices i received was Business class BA for all four flights 2,100 pounds, Thai Airways 2,100 pounds on economy class, and that is just the BKK-LHR-BKK route without the two internal flights.

no wonder they are in the turd.

I was just about to say the same....

Stupid person cant make his mind up..... wai2.gif

Another wonderful headline. Let's see if we can clean this one up. It only takes the lack of one word to make bad English and Airfare is one word reporter.

"A Thai Study on Airline Tickets is Under Way to Find Out if Airfares Can be Further Cut"

And I love this..."However, he cautioned that lowering the fair fares too much could affect the business of the airlines concerned.".

Really?

• Like 1

Thai Airways have got to get their finger out. Looking to book return to UK for 2 persons in April 4 weeks stay,

Air France-KLM 17hrs 2 stops and they have to pay landing fees at the 2 stops 33,400 Baht to Manchester.

Thai direct London no landing fees for stop overs 53,500, guess who I will fly with like many others.

Are you surprised?

Nothing is ever as it seems. Maybe the bus company lady was less persuasive than the budget air lines in the benefits of low cost air travel to the general public whistling.gif

Some fares are high, some fares are low. Not the business of the government. Its up to us to decide who we use. I find a return fare Bangkok to Brisbane for Bht 18,395. but others are charging Bht 25,350....................guess which one i will use. coffee1.gif

The plane that lands ?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My thought too, although I had not realised it was the exact same person. These people are muppets.