VPN problem - Gvmnt meddling?

Lex Talionis

Strangely enough, I have recently experienced a problem with ONE programme I want to download, via VPN, from the BBC iPlayer in the UK which normally works perfectly.

I contacted the BBC and, having checked, they say everything should work.

The programme is from a series called HARDtalk in which they interview the good and the great; the high and the mighty about current affairs worldwide.

This particular programme, in the aftermath of the attack in Paris, is an interview with Flemming Rose, the Cultural Editor of Jyllands-Posten who commissioned cartoonists to portray the Prophet in his Copenhagen newspaper in 2005.

It's odd that of all the programmes available through the BBC, this is the only one which won't download???

Daily mail for example

Some economist articles on the past

Etc.

Censorship? For those of us who don't know, please post here reasons why we should obtain a VPN service. What is "off limits"? I have account with aws.amazon. com and they offer VPN it appears. If I am planning to come to the Kingdom should I configure it now, or wait until after arrival, or what? Maybe because I don't use the Onion I will not require a VPN but who knows?

Hola is a free "VPN" service

May be free but in common with all chrome add ons, does not work with BBC downloads.

yes it does..... on Firefox too..... .... I think people forget to actually turn it on... because once done it remembers BBC or ITV or what ever you want to watch or look at ...wink.png

The set up changed a little a few months ago, if no one has used it in a while.... but it does work! thumbsup.gif

May be free but in common with all chrome add ons, does not work with BBC downloads.

yes it does..... on Firefox too..... .... I think people forget to actually turn it on... because once done it remembers BBC or ITV or what ever you want to watch or look at ...wink.png

The set up changed a little a few months ago, if no one has used it in a while.... but it does work! thumbsup.gif

Yes it works. I like the new setup where it remembers what site you use Hola for. Saves having to turn on and off. I can even read about the unmentionable crap without having to remember to turn on and off.

In order to download BBC from Iplayer you must install the download program( BBC-iPlayer-Downloads.exe) on your computer. The windows version defaults to Internet explorer. There is no version of the program for Chrome.

The chrome add-on work ok for viewing but not for downloading.