Don't Vote For 'Previous Politicians,' Prayuth Advises Nation

Lite Beer

He's guilty as sin.

As for samak, he got caught out breaking the rules and lied about it.

Whether that was enough to remove him from power is dubious. While it does show he was dishonest and a liar, he was was a politician and that is part of their DNA.

As you seem keep on law breaking politicians being charged and punished what about leaders of illegal coups, does that not carry a stiff penalty? Well it would in most normal countries. I think it's still called treason.

Where did I say I support coups?

You read and then edited the post where I made clear that the people should be free to vote for whoever they wish.

Yet you keep insinuating I support coups.

If you have any evidence to that effect, a single post where I support coups, then produce it.

I'll check in later to see if you have done so.

• Like 1

So, then, why didn't they to the only right thing for the country, disband all existing political parties and associated orgenisations, and ban all politicians ever a candidate or elected to a, any, public mandate, why...?

• Like 1

generals should stay out of politics coffee1.gif

All Military and Police should stay out of politics (and public companies) indeed, but then the Thai Chinese crooks and other elites would have all the power, is there really no alternative, isThailand doomed?

• Like 1

He added, "Today Thai society must teach about cooperation. Different thoughts and arguments are allowed, but don't let them cause disputes. That way, we won't fall into the trap of democracy."

No chance since the military will always save Thailand from the trap of democracy

Till today, and as long as the Thai masses will not have a decent level of serious education, so-called 'democracy' will remain a trap in Thailand indeed (whether that is what the PM meant to say, or not), anyone doubting this I call an hypocrite. There's a democracy mounument in Bangkok, but that's the only tangible element related to democracy in the country, as there's a monument of the revolution, while there was never really such a thing here, yet...

dear oh dear... like all those 'uneducated' Africans I suppose? and women? let only those who have a Uni education vote I say! hip hip hooray coffee1.gif

• Like 1

So, then, why didn't they to the only right thing for the country, disband all existing political parties and associated orgenisations, and ban all politicians ever a candidate or elected to a, any, public mandate, why...?

Isn't that is what they call "a coup"?

• Like 1

But first, vote for me (Prayuth).

we don't need to give him our vote. we need to give him our trust and support because he is one of Thailand's "good people", an honorable man taking on a heavy burden not for himself but for the future of all of Thailand. Thank you 3 times, General Prayuth-Chan-O-Cha.

and Colonels and Lieut. Colonels and Majors and Captains ?

So, where would we be today if we didn't have had

- General Chavalit

- Lieut. Colonel Thaksin

- Captain Chalerm

- General Sonthi

- etc., etc.

Anyway, with the mess former politicians have made and not cleaned up this "don't vote for previous politicians' seems sound advise. Also gives young blood a chance to show they do understand liberties, duties and obligations.

• Like 2

He's guilty as sin.

Whether that was enough to remove him from power is dubious. While it does show he was dishonest and a liar, he was was a politician and that is part of their DNA.

As you seem keep on law breaking politicians being charged and punished what about leaders of illegal coups, does that not carry a stiff penalty? Well it would in most normal countries. I think it's still called treason.

So which leader in Thailand recently has staged an "illegal" coup and is guilty of treason? Prayuth certainly hasn't but then you would know that if you knew Thai law and Thai Acts of parliament.

• Like 2

"Therefore, whoever will run the country next has to know more than I do. Don't just elect the same group of politicians you have elected in the past."

Why's everybody being so negative about this ? On the face of it, it seems like quite reasonable advice.

The man genuinely loves his country. I don't agree with everything he does, but his heart is in the right place.

I only wish that he could see that limiting freedom of speech and expression SO MUCH is a big part of the reason that corrupt politicians continue to get elected and pillage the country. If the press was able to investigate and report on corruption and wrongdoing, the public would make more informed decisions.

Edited by MilesofSmiles

Voting for leadership in a nation is a tremendous privilege Democratic societies and nations are lucky to have this critically important freedom. The leader of Thailand continually mocks the true meaning and right to vote and its importance. to democracy.

• Like 1

"...whoever will run the country next has to know more than I do." Not a terribly tall order to fill. Hopefully, the next PM will not be a micro-manager. The style is totally ineffective for a large command. His current lack of general (no pun intended) support attests to the fact that his leadership is totally ineffective. Leadership requires willing followership, which does not require martial law or attitude adjustment.

Edited by visionchaser45
  • Like 1

And speaking of thaksin.

Pity he can't man up and come home to face the consequences of his criminality.

Oh yes convicted of a conflict of interest involving his mrs buying a bit of land and given 2 years, something you could probably stitch them all up with. Samak got similar for having a cookery program on TV. Leading a military coup and grabbing power unelected is obviously far less serious!

Mr T is facing a number of serious charges. The land deal for which he was convicted is minor compared to the others.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"Although Thaksin was removed in a coup in 2006 and has lived in self-imposed exile since 2008, political parties backed by the former PM have won every national election since his ouster."

He wasn't removed in a coup.

He's not in self exile, he's a fugitive criminal evading justice.

Quite correct , he asked to go to the Beijing Olympics , this was granted by the Democrat Government that he promised to return , he came back to H.K. , boarded a BA flight to UK, rest is history.

• Like 1

So what about vote buying, it's not like the oppositions don't know it happens, stop whining about it and have better policies and deeper pockets!!

For the farangs who cry foul, what's the big problem, it's got nothing to do with you, and if your loved ones want to make 300-500 baht for an X on a paper, that's down to them, it's THEIR country!!!

usually the same who defend vote buying call for democracy. Vote buying is not democracy.

The same who defend the vote buying are against the coup. What is different if the man with the bigger pocket plays dictator or the man with the bigger guns? Politicians who got in power with vote buying must rip off the country for more vote buying and therefor the poor people suffer.

And speaking of thaksin.

Pity he can't man up and come home to face the consequences of his criminality.

Oh yes convicted of a conflict of interest involving his mrs buying a bit of land and given 2 years, something you could probably stitch them all up with. Samak got similar for having a cookery program on TV. Leading a military coup and grabbing power unelected is obviously far less serious!

Thaksin has a lot other things at court which can't continue because he is on the run. Things like his war on drugs where 3000 people were killed half had nothing to do with drugs.

Samak was recently found guilty of massive corruption as Bangkok governor, just he dragged out the case so long that he died before it got final.

It is far more than the land deal and cooking, just these were the simpler cases. And on the land deal Thaksin could have appealed.

What's the deal?

By the time the next elections will be held in Thailand most previous elected politicians will have died of old age.

That's what I thought after reading my child's newly published social studies book.

According to that. It explains as one would to a child. In the past the people used to elect the prime minister. But sometimes that pm is bad. So now we will have a group of appointed knowledgeable members of society.they will appoint the pm for you to help make sure you don't choose the bad one.

yeah, I understand. My kids' schooling is going to be a special challenge ...

He's guilty as sin.

No no, they received an amnesty. Remind me someone, who granted it?