non immigrant O visa stipulations

hi…I've been looking thru the visa forum but couldn't find an answer to my question….. i have at present a double entry tourist visa which i will extend for another 30days on the 22nd of January (2015) my next visa all being well will be a non immigrant O visa as I'm now married and plan to travel to Savannaket to obtain it….my question is:

"I know that you cannot apply for the non o visa before one month but Is there a minimum number of days i have to have left on my tourist visa which will run out on the 23rd of Feb (2015) in which i must obtain my non o visa"

Sorry if this topic has been discussed before i just couldn't find it……thanks in advance for any advice and info

if you are planning to get an extension to your non imm O for marriage/ retirement and meet the requirements. you can apply at immigration for an extension and they will convert your tourist visa to a non imm O . as said above you need 30 days remaining on your present visa

if you are planning to get an extension to your non imm O for marriage/ retirement and meet the requirements. you can apply at immigration for an extension and they will convert your tourist visa to a non imm O . as said above you need 30 days remaining on your present visa

He may be getting a multiple entry non-o.

Only Bangkok immigration can do a conversion to a non immigrant visa based upon marriage and it takes 2 trips 15 days apart to get it. Unless a person is living in or near Bangkok doing the conversion is not a good option. It far easier to get one at a nearby embassy or consulate.

"He may be getting a multiple entry non-o.

Only Bangkok immigration can do a conversion to a non immigrant visa based upon marriage and it takes 2 trips 15 days apart to get it. Unless a person is living in or near Bangkok doing the conversion is not a good option. It far easier to get one at a nearby embassy or consulate."

Yes i will be looking to get a multi entry non O…. and i heard its a bit of a pain going to the immigration at Bangkok, thats why i opted for the savannaket option….. again thanks for all the info guys