Married To A Thai, We Have Baby, Under 50....

Hi, sorry but I did try the search function.

My Thai wife & I live in the North East Thailand & we have a 5 month old baby, I am adopting our sons 8yrs & 12 yrs (from her 1st marriage).

I have an annual income of more than 800,000 baht paid fortnightly into a Thai bank from an Australian bank account.

I am 44 years old & do not work.

Can I get any "longer term" visa eg 12 month renewable?

I have read the applicable section but it says I must provide a work permit with application? I do not work, though I do spend considerable time on the internet financial market sites........

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ta Pete

Hi, sorry but I did try the search function.

My Thai wife & I live in the North East Thailand & we have a 5 month old baby, I am adopting our sons 8yrs & 12 yrs (from her 1st marriage).

I have an annual income of more than 800,000 baht paid fortnightly into a Thai bank from an Australian bank account.

I am 44 years old & do not work.

Can I get any "longer term" visa eg 12 month renewable?

I have read the applicable section but it says I must provide a work permit with application? I do not work, though I do spend considerable time on the internet financial market sites........

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ta Pete

Being legally married to a Thai you can get a Non-Immigrant O visa, which can be extended a year at a time provided you have savings and / or income amounting to 400,000 baht a year. What visa are you on now ?

Hi Dr. I have been commuting from Oz, therefore tourist visa (30 day) usually with 1 trip across the Friendship brige each visit. I am here to stay so will take Nan & the boys to the Thai embassy in Vietianne next week for a Non Immigrant "o", I have taken note, from previous post I found, of the required docs.

again many thanks, pete

Hi Dr. I have been commuting from Oz, therefore tourist visa (30 day) usually with 1 trip across the Friendship brige each visit. I am here to stay so will take Nan & the boys to the Thai embassy in Vietianne next week for a Non Immigrant "o", I have taken note, from previous post I found, of the required docs.

again many thanks, pete

At some stage get a Non-Immigrant O visa in Australia Pete. It will hold you in good staid for when you want to make yourself more permanent in Thailand :o

Being legally married to a Thai you can get a Non-Immigrant O visa, which can be extended a year at a time provided you have savings and / or income amounting to 400,000 baht a year. What visa are you on now ?

Im in the same situation and about to apply for the yearly non o visa in Udon (an extension) . I understood that it was 200, 000 in the bank now going up to 400, 000 in the bank from July ?

Has that changed since I last read this forum ? Im British, Married with an 11 month old child and not planning to work. I might return to Europe briefly later in the year to work for a short time hence the need for a multi entry visa.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I understood that it was 200, 000 in the bank now going up to 400, 000 in the bank from July ?
It is currently 200,000 in a bank account or combination of income/account in that amount.  But will increase to 400k for those not already in system this July.  But remember that his is based on income each year - it must not be a static account according to current policy so you will be expected to prove funds transfer from overseas each year if you are not working here.
I am here to stay so will take Nan & the boys to the Thai embassy in Vietianne next week for a Non Immigrant "o",

Good idea and you might even come under the 200k rule if you do that now. But you can easily meet the new requirement so no worry. Have a good trip.

Just for the collective knowledge banks, Pattaya immigration have already starting requiring the 400k bank account for extensions.  :o

Each Immigration office seems to make their own rules. Makes it very hard to properly plan.

Doc Pong, you have 7000 posts. I say that when you reach 10,000, we should have huge bash for all posters