How do you avoid Pickpockets?

NoshowJones

You may have a point there Thailketoo, I have never heard of a lone Thai mugger. What about a lone Thai pickpocket in a crowd. Was there not a report about a guy in the market at Soi Bukao near South Pattaya Road who got caught with his hand in another guys wallet? I can't remember the outcome.

Normally it's two old ladies who work Pattaya and ride song taus looking for Americans. biggrin.png

Has OP really had to worry about being pick pocketed or is this just a b. <deleted> post

???? Pickpocketing is a fact of life most places.

"Most places"? A "fact of life"?? Lol. Not true at all. 'Just something someone says I guess when trying to downplay it in the one place actually under discussion. It happens in many places; no need to get carried away. And while Thailand certainly isn't alone, and not the "world's worst", they've managed to achieve some well-earned notoriety for it.

Has OP really had to worry about being pick pocketed or is this just a b. <deleted> post

???? Pickpocketing is a fact of life most places.

"Most places"? A "fact of life"?? Lol. Not true at all. 'Just something someone says I guess when trying to downplay it in the one place actually under discussion. It happens in many places; no need to get carried away. And while Thailand certainly isn't alone, and not the "world's worst", they've managed to achieve some well-earned notoriety for it.

I'm not downplaying it at all. I assume that someone may try to pick my pocket wherever I am in the world, and plan accordingly.

"I always keep my money, never more than about 2000 Baht, down my sock."

Wasn't that in the first Blues Brothers movie? If you keep your money in your sock, they can tell how rich you are by how much you limp?

Money belt inside underwear. OK, the ladies might be a little disappointed, but you're safe from all pickpockets, except ladyboys, for obvious reasons, 555