Does getting a new passport clear your visa history?

Why do many on here, when they see such a post, go out of their way to help? Read between the lines, this person is only trying to find a way to beat the system but hopefully, as each day passes, it will get harder and harder for persons acting in this way. He tells us that many people on here report that too many tourist visas cause problems and some have been sent packing because of this particular aspect. Who cares, it they try to play the system and get caught, then bye, bye. Why should those of us, who do everything above board; are required to have savings of $800,000.00; a marriage visa or go about getting the correct visas, have to be roped in and suffer because of these inconsiderate and opportunistic people who continue to make it difficult for those of us who have a genuine reason to remain here.

It is not a bad thing to have a passport filled with tourist visas, it is just the way many attempt to manipulate the system and stay here for extended periods without putting in any collateral, the time and effort to do it legitimately. That's why they're full. If the government is cracking down on this aspect and are now applying the rules, then for you to extend your stay you will need a legitimate reason.

The OP has asked, in a number of ways, how it is possible to erase the visa histories, even with one suggestion to claim the passport has been lost. Given the overall content one could be forgiven for thinking he is hoping to find ways to get around the ruling, even to the extent of being prepared to lie. If you cannot come here, stay here legal, like the majority of us do, and hope some one will show you a way to beat the system, then if and when you get caught and sent packing, you won't get any tears from me

• Like 1

No it will not.

What do think they have computers for.

Btw. do you know what happens when you claim an American passport lost.

Yeah, don't claim it as lost.

Give it a cycle or two thru a washing machine & blame it on your wife.

That way you've got a damaged passport instead of an "unaccounted for" passport.

Why would you do this? You can get a new passport anytime you want. The US embassy does not require your passport to be full in order to get a new one.

In 2013 I mistakenly thought my passport (US) was expiring in 8 months and applied for a new one. I received my new pp and the old one was returned with holes in the front cover. It was then I realized there was one more year on the old one, not to mention many empty added extra pages.*

A dumb mistake and waste of money but absolutely no problem.

* $80 for extra pages, a ten minute job, is over the top. $50 for notarization is also ridiculous, it's $10 at any UPS or FedEx shop in the US. I realize it has to be done at the embassy for my income affidavit but $50?

It is not really worth adding pages anymore (unless in an unexpected emergency while traveling....for instance if you extend your trip) as the larger passport can now be obtained at the same price as the original 28 page one. The larger book has over 50 pages, and obviously gives you another 10 years validity.

If in UK. Deed poll name change and you are sorted. If you was say blacklisted for example. New passport and driving licence. Etc etc. That will not stay like that once biometrics is compulsory. IMHO.

Previous name (if any) and previous PP no. has been on all new UK passports for more than 5 years.

Q5: Will my new passport and driving licence mention my old name?

A: No, you will receive a brand new passport and driving licence without any mention or reference to your previous name.

http://www.deedpoll.org.uk/OtherFAQs.html

As far as I know, the Thai consulate where you apply for a new visa has no access to your history of previous visas in your old passports obtained at other consulates, but Thai immigration has access to your history of previous entries and exits and the type of visa or visa exemption you used for your entries.

• Like 1

If in UK. Deed poll name change and you are sorted. If you was say blacklisted for example. New passport and driving licence. Etc etc. That will not stay like that once biometrics is compulsory. IMHO.

Previous name (if any) and previous PP no. has been on all new UK passports for more than 5 years.

Q5: Will my new passport and driving licence mention my old name?[/size]

A:[/size] No, you will receive a brand new passport and driving licence without any mention or reference to your previous name.[/size]

It is not printed on the passport which makes the answer technically correct but these days there is something known as a digital footprint.

Q5: Will my new passport and driving licence mention my old name?[/size]

A:[/size] No, you will receive a brand new passport and driving licence without any mention or reference to your previous name.[/size]

It is not printed on the passport which makes the answer technically correct but these days there is something known as a digital footprint.

My understanding is the bar coding on the pp tells any immigration officer who swipes it that the holder, has had a passport in another name at some point, for married lady easy explanation, a male, not so easy

Fact no government in their right mind would issue documents and not connect therm somehow, certainly when some changes their name

My understanding is the bar coding on the pp tells any immigration officer who swipes it that the holder, has had a passport in another name at some point, for married lady easy explanation, a male, not so easy

which barcode? If you mean the machine readable stripe it does not contain any information about other passports.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine-readable_passport

Fact no government in their right mind would issue documents and not connect therm somehow, certainly when some changes their name

Sure but at the same time they don't have to disclose that on a passport and in fact they don't. Edited by paz

which barcode? If you mean the machine readable stripe it does not contain any information about other passports.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine-readable_passport

Sure but at the same time they don't have to disclose that on a passport and in fact they don't.

Barcode/magnetic stripe same same but different

Did you not read the last sentence of the second paragraph, ;)

Besides wiki is hardly a definitive reference

Did you not read the last sentence of the second paragraph, wink.png

Sure. You only have to demonstrate here that there is information in a passport about other passports given to the same person. Good luck.

Did you not read the last sentence of the second paragraph, wink.png

Sure. You only have to demonstrate here that there is information in a passport about other passports given to the same person. Good luck.
Why ? who are you a high court judge a lawyer ? As I have stated a few time this is what I understood from someone who should know that's all

I could be facetious and say prove its not from a definitive source other than wiki

Edited by Soutpeel

Why ? who are you a high court judge a lawyer ? As I have stated a few time this is what I understood from someone who should know that's all

I could be facetious and say prove its not from a definitive source other than wiki

No problem, you and the someone "that should know" made it clear - thanks.

The machine readable passport like the wiki article says does not have anything more than what is shown there.
Some countries may have other info on them that is not machine readable.

But now there is that little chip that may have a lot more info on it.

Why do many on here, when they see such a post, go out of their way to help? Read between the lines, this person is only trying to find a way to beat the system but hopefully, as each day passes, it will get harder and harder for persons acting in this way. He tells us that many people on here report that too many tourist visas cause problems and some have been sent packing because of this particular aspect. Who cares, it they try to play the system and get caught, then bye, bye. Why should those of us, who do everything above board; are required to have savings of $800,000.00; a marriage visa or go about getting the correct visas, have to be roped in and suffer because of these inconsiderate and opportunistic people who continue to make it difficult for those of us who have a genuine reason to remain here.

It is not a bad thing to have a passport filled with tourist visas, it is just the way many attempt to manipulate the system and stay here for extended periods without putting in any collateral, the time and effort to do it legitimately. That's why they're full. If the government is cracking down on this aspect and are now applying the rules, then for you to extend your stay you will need a legitimate reason.

The OP has asked, in a number of ways, how it is possible to erase the visa histories, even with one suggestion to claim the passport has been lost. Given the overall content one could be forgiven for thinking he is hoping to find ways to get around the ruling, even to the extent of being prepared to lie. If you cannot come here, stay here legal, like the majority of us do, and hope some one will show you a way to beat the system, then if and when you get caught and sent packing, you won't get any tears from me

What a wierd post..

There is no indication the OP has done anything illegal. Travelling on tourists visas - one or many - is not a crime. Just because the authoritarian state finds any reason to become suspicious is reason to help him avoid such hassles. So let me state this for the simple minded people who agree with Authoritarian control over movement of people:

If Thailand finds it a problem that people are travelling on multiple tourist visas to stay in Thailand then they should make a regulation against it or cancel tourist visas altogether. Until then please stop your whining, they are not trying to "beat the system" but only doing what the system legally allows. Much the same as the people on other visas

Edited by Time Traveller
  • Like 1