Moto GP - WSBK - 2015

soihok

Anyone going to Buriram to watch the first ever Thai round of World Superbikes, at Chang International Circuit? March 22nd.

Luckily, my youngest school holidays are at the same time which gives us chance to get home to Korat.

So it'll be a day trip from Korat - can't wait. I managed to make the WSBK Sepang round which was good. Very happy about being able to attend this in Thailand. Lets hope its the first of many in the country.

Looking forward to 2015 - Moto GP - Go get em Scott.

Cheers

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done for starting the thread S6. I am going to Buri Ram with three mates coming over from Aus. We've managed to book

accommodation in the city but it was starting to look pretty thin on the ground. All the big hotels appear to be sold out.

I've been already for the Asia RRC its a track where you can mostly see it all from the stands and not really designed as a

walk around stand on the fence place. It will certainly suit fast in a straight line bikes. Looking forward to it anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if you guys are aware that on Saturday the one and only Valentino Rossi will be at Buri ram for the Yamaha promotion day. Great opportunity for some of us to meet a living legend. PS. Jorge will be there too.

Edited by ib1b4

I don't know if you guys are aware that on Saturday the one and only Valentino Rossi will be at Buri ram for the Yamaha promotion day. Great opportunity for some of us to meet a living legend. PS. Jorge will be there too.

promotion material added.post-120289-0-42834300-1423175235_thumb.

Cheers.

LOL, I meant for the WSBK races.

The MT-09 is a beast of a bike, still holding onto my license. I'm getting a Maxton NR4 shock to replace the pogo stick that Yamaha installed. The bike is more than fast enough for Singapore, rarely I go over 100kph and use it for commuting.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW.

What a way to start 2015.........

Stunning first race between Brits ... J.Rea, Chaz and Leon on 3 different bikes

If MVDM hadn't forced Tom Sykes off track at turn 1 early on, would have 4 up there.

How Leon managed to stay on after grass tracking at over 100mph.

Nice to see Chaz on the poduim.

Race 2 shortly, great action.

• 4 weeks later...

I've only just seen this thread!

I'm not posting much on the forum recently as work has kind of taken over my life, but I'm hoping that the start of the MGP season will change that!

I left it too late to book a hotel for WSB TH, when I looked last week there were only hotels over 60kms from the track available and I can't get the day off on the Monday either, so not going.

Anyway, I'm more interested in MGP to be honest. The tests seem to be showing that it will be a great season. Ducati seem to have found something that should get them up a few places, and even Suzuki seem to be taking things quite seriously.

Shame that Aprilia insisted on using a rider who didn't want the job, that was a wasted ride, but it will be interested how Bautista does.

For the British fans, we've got Cal and Scott who should be regular 6th/7th place contenders, and even Sam Lowes in Moto 2 who seems to have taken a big step forward this year.

Only 10 days to go!!

Nice one.

Not sure if I will be watching the Qatar race, will be on Koh Samet with the family.

I am going to Buriram on Sunday, it is just a day trip from our place in Korat.

Should be fun if the races are anything like they were at at Philip Island recently.

Cheers

Had a great day out at the races

A good day was had by all our group, we were sat across from the start grid, third row. Almost on top of where the winners pull up after the races.

Amazing atmosphere, so glad that Wilairot won in the WSS, really gave the Thais something to celebrate.

The wsbk races were a bit strung out, but all in all had a splendid day out.

Let's hope that the series continues to visit, never know - MotoGP may come to Buriram at some point

Cheers

Well done Vale, as well as two podiums for Ducati.

Missed the races, just seen the results.

Looking at the times for all three races they all looked to be close races.

It will be interesting to see what the outcome of Dani Pedrosas decision on his physical condition is. If he does take time out who will replace him.

They have the replay on Daily Motion in HD very good

Yes Val was awesome

Also the Ducati's are really something now...I am thinking Cal may

be kicking himself for leaving

Not unlike Alonso who left Ferrari for McLaren this year in F1

Same thing...all of a sudden Ferrari has a monster of a car for 2015

& Mclaren with new Honda engine back of the pack

Back to MotoGP....Moto 3 was its usual awesome race right to the finish line

I missed Moto2 but will catch it on Dailymotion today

Good start to the year looks like it will be a competitive one

Edited by mania

Thoroughly enjoyed Buri Ram, spent the first two days hanging over the top of Troy Bayliss's pit saw lots of action. Wilairot winning was sensational, the crowd stood up and roared.

Will watch SBK from Aragon tomorrow arvo and leave the MotoGP til Monday night replay as it is on some crazy hour here.

After the dry FP2 , Marq, Crutc, Ianno, no Pedrosa, Lorenzo 12.

Just watched MM 93 break down in Q2 with about 5 minutes left to go, sprint down the pit lane and get on his spare bike, went out and stuck it on pole smashing the circuit record by about 0.6 of a second.

One has to say - WOW.

Nice to see Scott Redding on the second row.

I'm going to miss the races though - will be away on a business trip in deepest darkest China.

So Marc Marquez wins again! ,another 2nd for Dovi and Vale third...........But you know the most enjoyable racing over the weekend was watching Chaz Davies winning his first WSBK race. I watched this guy at Buri Ram and he made a few errors in the two races but got back on and finished both races. His riding style is fluid and fast ,was my impression anyway.

So Marc Marquez wins again! ,another 2nd for Dovi and Vale third...........But you know the most enjoyable racing over the weekend was watching Chaz Davies winning his first WSBK race. I watched this guy at Buri Ram and he made a few errors in the two races but got back on and finished both races. His riding style is fluid and fast ,was my impression anyway.

Agree with you.

After watching Davies epic attempt to win in race 1 I said to myself, self he is surely up for this and he ran away with it. Very stylish. poor old Tom huge highside, he's Ok though. Its all on again this weekend, Assen SBK, Argentina MotoGP, Bahrain F1

World Superbikes News.

Eric Buell Racing has filed for bankruptcy and ceasing operations.

This is sad really as the grid has quite a diverse selection of manufacturers. Granted that the EBR bike was no where near the other factory bikes.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/2015/Team+Hero+EBR+statement+following+EBR+closure