60.6% of community leaders believe in fairness of impeachment cases

Lite Beer

60.6% of community leaders believe in fairness of impeachment cases

BANGKOK: -- Up to 60.6 per cent of community leaders were found by an opinion survey to believe that the on-going impeachment process against former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra and a former parliament president and a former vice parliament president was fair and transparent.

The survey was carried out by Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association among leaders of 632 communities nationwide from Thursday to Saturday. The survey found that 38 per cent of the respondents were not sure while 1.4 per cent did not think that the process would be fair.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/60-6-of-community-leaders-believe-in-fairness-of-i-30252121.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-18

Of course it's fair.

Criminal activities should be punished and never overlooked.

And this one was one of the biggest wrongdoings of the Yingluck administration that costed this country billions of tax payers money.

And all this for her own and her cronies benefit and not for the good of Thai farmers as her brother has told her to recite on every occasion.

Unfortunately it will only be a 5 year ban from politics......should have been for life.

• Like 1

If this nonsense poll from the military's own propaganda wing can only get 60% support, imagine what a real poll would reveal.

The possibility that this is a valid poll result (as far as Thailand is able to produce that) doesn't seem to fit preconceived ideas.

If this nonsense poll from the military's own propaganda wing can only get 60% support, imagine what a real poll would reveal.

numbers from the 'community leaders' have dropped into the low 60's....

The 'NCPO' should be worried.

Maybe it's time to create a new 'polling' agency. biggrin.png

The possibility that this is a valid poll result (as far as Thailand is able to produce that) doesn't seem to fit preconceived ideas.

Do you honestly believe that Thai people feel comfortable about criticizing the junta & their actions at all, let alone to their own propaganda team?

Do you honestly believe that Thai people feel comfortable about criticizing the junta & their actions at all, let alone to their own propaganda team?

Irrelevant with only 60% being confident the impeachment proceedings are fair and transparent.

At least this Mickey Mouse Research Intitute is able to learn by experience (maybe they read TV?). They have finally understood that poll results over 80% or 90% just make them ridiculous. They are trying now with less laughable results in the 60% range, but they are already grilled.

• Like 1

Irrelevant with only 60% being confident the impeachment proceedings are fair and transparent.

100% relevant. You are obstinate to the point of making a fool out of yourself.

• Like 2

"The survey was carried out by Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association..."

I've never heard of this association before. Anyone know anything about them?

here you go.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/126917/why-are-some-opinion-poll-results-so-positive-of-the-thai-junta/

Well goodness gracious!

I am not the suspicious sort, but this association appears to have a conflict of interest.

I'm sure that's just me and everything is on the up and up.

lets be honest, the only ones that think its unfair are the red/ptp/thaksin appologists and those that want to get into yl's pants, pretty pathetic when you sit back and think about it but most of their tv supporters would fall off their bar stools if they did that and rip holes in their wife beater shirtswhistling.gif

Irrelevant. 40% is not confident, that seems a clear indication that there is no discomfort saying such.

BTW disagreeing with you doesn't make me a fool, any more than it makes you one.

Irrelevant. 40% is not confident, that seems a clear indication that there is no discomfort saying such.

BTW disagreeing with you doesn't make me a fool, any more than it makes you one.

No, it says nothing about the 60%.

I'm sure you are aware that these polls are made up by the junta's propaganda wing.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Do you think the "Don'y knows " are a bit worried because of the internment without Trail laws and the "Re-education promised" It is the most crass and bitterly Ironic tactic I have ever seen and people believing it , especially non Thais is beyond words. How can a Junta that seized power from a democratically elected Government at the point of a gun and suppressed freedom of speech , then start to chirp about opinion polls. The Number 1 Opinion Poll said that Woman should be leading the country

No, it says nothing about the 60%.

I'm sure you are aware that these polls are made up by the junta's propaganda wing.

Of course, of course, how could I forget. Pure tactics to suggest a certain level of dissent. Just to lull people asleep a bit.

Next

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Do you think the "Don'y knows " are a bit worried because of the internment without Trail laws and the "Re-education promised" It is the most crass and bitterly Ironic tactic I have ever seen and people believing it , especially non Thais is beyond words. How can a Junta that seized power from a democratically elected Government at the point of a gun and suppressed freedom of speech , then start to chirp about opinion polls. The Number 1 Opinion Poll said that Woman should be leading the country

The number 1 opinion poll? The "thanks for voting, please go home now" poll ? The "we have a mandate to do what we want" poll ? The "why answer questions" poll ?

Point of a gun?

Prayut held a meeting with all parties and asked them to resolve their issues. They didn't.

There were more guns (M79 grenades) being witnessed in the hands of government supporters than anyone else. Prayut saved the country from being held hostage at the barrel of a gun. Would you prefer the daily attacks continued with not a single arrest? Would you because yinglcuks government where not going to stop it. They couldn't. Why would they. The terrorists were backing up the government while Chalerm was threatening the courts and the protestors saying he will dress up in a disguise to arrest Suthep…Doesn't seem like a government that could handle there own supporters.

Just imagine if the soldiers were attacking unprovoked PTP supporters daily for 7 months with 24 dead directly at the hands of soldiers and then yingluck came in and saved the day. yingluck stopped the daily terrorist attacks without a bullet fired. Just imagine what you would say then

Would you then say that yingluck held the country at the barrel of a gun or the soldiers did? Different heay because you have invested your time in believing the PTP propaganda. It highlights that the PTP ministry of propaganda was the most successful ministry. You are but a byproduct of this brainwashing. So I don't blame your view point.

They narrative from 2010 protests come to mind where the soldiers were accused of killing unarmed protestors. Well thats what the UDD supporters did in 2014. The soldiers stopped the killing of those unarmed protestors by the very people that some in 2010 said were unarmed. How ironic. So the empathy shown towards the people really depends on which side the people are on.

A bit like elections or referendums or farmers (the majority) that don't support the government anymore. When the majority do not support the PTP they are denounced and intimidated. When they do then all is good.

This is not a sign of a just, rational person. It is the sign of a radical fundamentalist that justifies violence when it is is used by your sure, but denounced when it is used against your side.

And to think killing people can be justified because the government were elected beggars belief.

As for opinion polls. An election nearly 4 years ago is not an indication of a governments popularity today and is laughable to suggest it. Nearly as laughable as her popularity being gauged on the "All the Thai people I know love yingluck" defense because they simply have no other viable indication to prove she is popular.

Edited by djjamie

Point by point

They were arming themselves because Prayuths mate Suthep was trying to overthrow the elected Government, so to blame the supporters of democracy is a tad one eyed

It think that a bit sexed up , "Attacked then for 7 months daily" Again they may have seen themselves as defending democracy ,. The army should have thrown Suthep and his Mob off of the streets not leave it to Para Militaries to defend the Government No comparison to the Army slaughtering 90 people in 2010 then

Nothing to do with propaganda mate , this is pretty black and white , Military government or Democratically elected Government. I dont care what the Government do , the people hacve a RIGHT to vote in the civilized world

Who said anything about its ok for a government to kill people

Edited by ExPratt