Thai Bashing, And I Will Not Apologise..

baboon

Most Tv veiwers will be aware that due to flooding, areas such as Chumphon where I live have been declared disaster zones by the Government.

I can tell you that in my opinion, the electricity, water and telephone companies along with the Police are doing a bloody good job in very difficult circumstances. Chumphon is still up and running as best as it can.Yesterday, every household in my vicinity recieved emergency free rations from the Government regardless of skin colour, nationality etc.

So why am I bashing Thais? The ingratitude of some [one VERY close to me] folks who dont seem to care less about those charged with looking after their welfare. A not uncommon attitude seems to be "O.K, free food. Up to them." Police doing a sterling job? "Up to them."

Many of you who know me from my other posts are only too aware that I can be first in the queue when it comes to critisizing Thailand and with this post, want to put the shoe on the other foot and thank all concerned for all their good work.

Most Tv veiwers will be aware that due to flooding, areas such as Chumphon where I live have been declared disaster zones by the Government.

I can tell you that in my opinion, the electricity, water and telephone companies along with the Police are doing a bloody good job in very difficult circumstances. Chumphon is still up and running as best as it can.Yesterday, every household in my vicinity recieved emergency free rations from the Government regardless of skin colour, nationality etc.

So why am I bashing Thais? The ingratitude of some [one VERY close to me] folks who dont seem to care less about those charged with looking after their welfare. A not uncommon attitude seems to be "O.K, free food. Up to them." Police doing a sterling job? "Up to them."

Many of you who know me from my other posts are only too aware that I can be first in the queue when it comes to critisizing Thailand and with this post, want to put the shoe on the other foot and thank all concerned for all their good work.

Nice post baboon, i will go jump on the other side oneday too, just for fun

Nice post baboon, i will go jump on the other side oneday too, just for fun

With this post didnt you just do that Donz? :o

At first this was a bit confusing, but now I think I understand: you want to make a compliment but are so reluctant to break your streak that you feel it necessary to criticize for ingratitude instead. I must applaud your even-handedness.

Or perhaps the whole thing was totally sarcastic and I missed your real point entirely.... ? Can it be that the Thai institutions are better capable of handling a disaster than George Bush? Are you sure he isn't somehow responsible for the flooding?

Baboon, it's nice to hear you being grateful even if some in your neighborhood aren't! I hope everything returns to normal for you soon (accept, of course, for the negative attitude sometimes).

In the cold light of day, I can see why my post was confusing/misleading.

I was trying to congratulate and express my gratitude for a job well done by the authorities and point out that it is not only farangs who bash Thais. I seem to have made a bit of a backside of it for which I am sorry if I caused any offence.

Dont quite get the George Bush reference, though.