Eva airways vs Thai airways

jgd1004

I have flown EVA from LAX to BKK my last seven trips. Why? Simple. EVA has an excellent class called Premium Elite. You get a nice big chair, plenty of elbow room, it reclines, it is forward of coach just behind First class. You get priority checkin at EVA counter which means basically no line. You get priority boarding which isn't much of an issue since the section is reserved but it still is nice. For the extra $450 USD extra it costs above coach, I love it. Never seen a baby in this section yet. Price I guess tends to keep them in the back. Sorry but I have had several trips ruined by babies crying and jumping around. I just don't want that on a 13 hour flight from LAX to Taipei. And as I bunch up my flights on the same airline I can use the miles. EVAs mileage program is not as good as it used to be but every little bit helps

Last time I flew with Eva BKK /LHR (two years ago) they were cheaper than Thai, far better service and food! but a bit stingy on the achohol,which was hidden on the middle shelf of the trolley,and so making one ask: have you got............so and so drink! and best to stock up from the drinks trolley,they won't be around too often.

Edited by MAJIC

I would add the food on EVA was better than the food on Thai airways. I have flown EVA 8 times, Thai 2 times, China Air 3 times. I actually liked China Air, but they didn't seem to have anything above coach that was affordable so luckily I found EVA Premium Elite and they won my business. I just don't want 13 hours in coach from LAX to Taipei. Elite class makes the flight enjoyable and a fun and reasonably comfortable part of the vacation.

uptheos, on 20 Jan 2015 - 09:48, said:

Never understood the obsession with food on flights.

Wot you mean mate ... like when you are hungry .............

laugh.png No of course not, but as long as they serve something edible I can survive my journey.

• Like 1

We don't fly Thai so often now as we prefer premium economy on EVA [LHR-BKK-LHR].

We like both Thai and EVA, though. If Thai did premium economy then we'd be back for sure.

I booked premium economy for May through EVA website as they came up cheaper than WestEast and Southall Travel and can book the seats immediately.

I have been flying EVA to Thailand for almost 20 years now. I think I have only used Thai once.

I like their early afternoon departure around 13:00 on the BKK - LHR route that arrives about 19:30. They used to have four classes: Economy, economy deluxe, business, and first, but since the installation of the flat bed cabins, they only have three classes on the Taiwan-BKK-Lon route, having removed first class.

Service is good. Cabins clean and modern. Food ok

They are part of the Evergreen Group. The world's largest container shipping company. They also have hotels. There is an Evergreen Hotel in BKK. The EVA flight crews all stay there on their changeover.

Never flown EVA but I think Thai has improved some in the last year specially in regards to service and the new 777 for the distance I've flown...food still not at the same quality they had some 10 years ago...hopefully that will improve have 2 separate Roundtrip tickets booked with them.

What i have noticed is eva fly single jet planes rather than twin. Although im still going with eva ive always felt safer in twin jet planes

No aircraft fly with a single jet engine unless military.

You mean twin engines - one on each wing ?

Pilatus PC-12???

But re the OP. EVA are a very good airline in my opinion.

• Like 1

I first started coming frequently to Thailand MANY years ago from Amsterdam. Always on Thai Airways until once traveling with a Thai--- who told me that the Thai Air crews treated Thai nationals badly, looking down on them like they were low class.

Since then, I always used EVA premium or whatever it is called these days. So both Thai companions and I are more than happy.

As an alternative, I occasionally used China Airways.

Once, I was on China Airways, like Eva out of Taiwan (not to be confused with Air China) next to a lavatory and (clean) water was seeping onto the carpet. I emailed when I got back to Amsterdam to complain. Next day, when I got home from work, there was a huge bunch of flowers on my doorstep to apologise.

What i have noticed is eva fly single jet planes rather than twin. Although im still going with eva ive always felt safer in twin jet planes

No aircraft fly with a single jet engine unless military.

You mean twin engines - one on each wing ?

Pilatus PC-12???

But re the OP. EVA are a very good airline in my opinion.

Pilatus PC-12???

Turboprop, not a jet.

I've flown Thai Airways and Eva to UK.

Both offer an excellent service and I have no complaints about anything.

The only advantage with Eva is, that they offer cheaper tickets.

Can't really understand what is all this bashing about Thai Airways........I think it's just a habit of certain TVF members.

It's NOT bashing it is speaking from experience. Advise what you Know that's all if Thai IS inferior it is up to them to get out of the frying pan, take the % who are posting it will give a clear idea.

If you cannot understand then you have a slight problem. Aircraft---prices---on-board food--service. on time. EVA.

The biggest advantage is they are 30% cheaper over 1 month ticket---is that Bashing ??

• Like 1

I fly only EVA now on my twice annual visits to the U.S. West Coast. Unequalled safety record. Their long haul fleet is primarily the well proven 777-300 ER with comfortable seating even in economy. The respected website airlineratings.com gives EVA 7 out of possible 7 for safety and product (Thai Airways earns 6 out of 7).

A big plus for me as I fly EVA from both Seattle and Los Angeles is their departure times. The Tapei-Bangkok flights depart LAX and SEA at about 1:00AM which means you get on the plane ready to sleep and I normally get six or seven hours after they serve the first meal. These flights arrive in Bangkok around 11:00 AM which works well for hotel check-ins and if you can stay up till 9 or 10 in the evening than you've made a big dent in the jetlag.

Oh yeah, EVA is consistently 15%-20% cheaper than Thai.

I have flown EVA from LAX to BKK my last seven trips. Why? Simple. EVA has an excellent class called Premium Elite. You get a nice big chair, plenty of elbow room, it reclines, it is forward of coach just behind First class. You get priority checkin at EVA counter which means basically no line. You get priority boarding which isn't much of an issue since the section is reserved but it still is nice. For the extra $450 USD extra it costs above coach, I love it. Never seen a baby in this section yet. Price I guess tends to keep them in the back. Sorry but I have had several trips ruined by babies crying and jumping around. I just don't want that on a 13 hour flight from LAX to Taipei. And as I bunch up my flights on the same airline I can use the miles. EVAs mileage program is not as good as it used to be but every little bit helps

So in layman terms, it's just business class!

We always fly EVA, good food, nice people, and most important they have a upgrade to the Coach seats, I believe it's called Elite, about 300.00 US Dollar more, well worth it, more support, a bit longer & wider, plus reclines more, about 60 on each flight and they are located in there own area on the plane.

I have travelled with Thai and Eva and both were very good. Eva seem to use much newer planes.( but less legroom in economy class ) The food wasn't very good on Eva and the staff had " The look of absolute misery " on there faces during the whole flight ( almost as miserable as some of our viewers on Thai Visa....) But Both Airlines were generally very good and far superior to British Airways too!

F.J wai2.gif

• Like 1

I've flown Thai Airways and Eva to UK.

Both offer an excellent service and I have no complaints about anything.

The only advantage with Eva is, that they offer cheaper tickets.

Can't really understand what is all this bashing about Thai Airways........I think it's just a habit of certain TVF members.

Last time I flew Thai they still had no in-seat entertainment, just the old 1980's drop down screen, service and food were OK though. Should you want to spend a bit more then Eva's premium economy is best by far.