Thai Visa, the most popular thai forum?

infinity11

So what if the guy is on an ED visa?

This is exactly the kind of thing that spoils this place. People attacking those they feel aren't 'proper' expats. All should be welcome here, long-termers, those with Thai spouses, those here to work, those here to study, those who're just visiting - or even those who are yet to visit Thailand but want to learn more about the place. Thaivisa should be a welcoming place to them all, not a clubhouse for those who feel they've somehow earned the right to post here.

usually i am not a (big) fan of Bikey but this statement is spot on...

• Like 1

I think it's a great resource, so well done to those who created it for that. However the advertising is becoming way to intrusive and, imo, they have lost the balance in that respect. I certainly visit the site less than I did previously and I suspect that may become true for others.

• Like 1

It's certainly enormously negative, and there are a small but rather noisy group of posters who're allowed to dominate the place and shout down anyone they don't like.

Any examples? it's like that on most forums but never really seen it on here. It's realistic more than negative, most other forums are either dead or dying.

I generally like and enjoy TV. It should be informative and fun but I do dislike some of the personal vitriol and abuse handed out that sometimes has developed into bullying of individuals. That said, it's an anonymous forum, so is generally harmless but I prefer sarcasm, irony and a good argument to personal abuse. I think the mods could clamp down on this a bit quicker than they currently do.

• Like 1

Lol ,so who am I supposed to be in my past life ? ...bwahaha...The paranoia I've created amongst you lot without even trying is too funny.laugh.png
Where did I even mention you or even suggest i was referring to you, the only paranoia dear boy is in your own head, are you really that insecure you feel obligated to try make everything about you ?

... Deep breaths Kurt & move on ,you know he hates being ignored.wink.png

Talking to yourself is a symptom of advanced paranoia as well dear boy ;)

• Like 1

I'm probably one of the oldest posters (in terms of ThaiVisa member - I'm #174). Been posting since end 2002.

A lot has changed on this forum, hell of a lot actually. The number of registered members is HUGE - there are bound to be a few idiots and trolls amongst those hundreds of thousands of members.

IMHO, the forum has become less tolerant of humour over the years- pity really.

Nowadays, I mainly post on ThaiVisa for hard facts and information. Then I head over to another forum to post inane rubbish, be abusive to other members, and to initiate discussion threads of a dubious sexual nature :)

And some of your wild little adventure stories are well missed too. The forum is a lot poorer for not having you here to laugh at, woops I mean with ;). :P

• Like 2

It's certainly enormously negative, and there are a small but rather noisy group of posters who're allowed to dominate the place and shout down anyone they don't like.

Any examples? it's like that on most forums but never really seen it on here. It's realistic more than negative, most other forums are either dead or dying.

Seems like one was kindly provided for us.

IMHO, the forum has become less tolerant of humour over the years- pity really.

Nowadays, I mainly post on ThaiVisa for hard facts and information. Then I head over to another forum to post inane rubbish, be abusive to other members, and to initiate discussion threads of a dubious sexual nature smile.png

Right on the first point. So you are saying your posts on another forum about your hotel are inane rubbish, I thought they were rather good. You are not abusive to other members and don't post about sex from what I have seen, but seem to be somebody wanting to fit in, nothing wrong with that. This forum gets a lot of stick on that other forum, but here at least you know who the owner and mods are, and here you get answers to emails and PM's That other forum died with it's previous owner, sad but true.

One of our staff members has just returned from Immigration and the renewal of his W.P. no problemms for him.

However he said that the amount of Ed Visa holders encountering problems was noticeable.

This is all due to people ''spilling'' the beans now one can't get a ''Soi Biker taxi'' up to immigration indeed it is a case of ''Yeah Siam'' is now becoming an inhospitable country to those who bragged about and supported the creative Ed visa visa use as well as those blameless legitimate Ed visa holders.

• Like 1

Why mention me? I'm not on an ED visa.

I'm not on an ED visa either but, of course, that

won't get in the way of their 'imagination game'.

Siampolee, you persist in your attempts to

compose long, articulate sentences but you tend

to forget your point after 6 or 7 words. LOL.

I think you need that ED visa more than anyone

else here. Remedial English classes beckon.

You're just embarrassing yourself now.

I'm not on an ED visa. I've never posted anything that supports the abuse of the ED visa - mainly because I'm entirely opposed to this. In my opinion, an ED visa should be for those who're actively engaged in education in Thailand, and indeed I've posted as much in the past.

I don't know where you're getting this nonsense you're posting from, but you're seriously barking up the wrong tree here.

See how the babes ^^^^ come out to play when their precious little ego's are dented.

Oh mummy that nasty likkle man said naughty bad fings about me, I'll get im cos my dad is a bigger dad than his dad,.

Indeed when ones view the posting content of the likes of SoiBiker and YeahSiam it indeed epitomizes the saying, ''once a man twice a boy.''

Were these 2 not recently nominated for poster of the year or some other award?

I'm not on an ED visa. I've never posted anything that supports the abuse of the ED visa - mainly because I'm entirely opposed to this. In my opinion, an ED visa should be for those who're actively engaged in education in Thailand, and indeed I've posted as much in the past.

I don't know where you're getting this nonsense you're posting from, but you're seriously barking up the wrong tree here.

Is a serious barking any different to say a normal barking?

• Like 2

It's louder, and more strident in tone.

Is it gruff or yappy??

Is it gruff or yappy??

That very much depends on what kind of dog we're talking about.

Come on now, this is basic stuff...