Traditional medicine can reduce heavy-metal contamination: Phichit Governor

webfact

Traditional medicine can reduce heavy-metal contamination: Phichit Governor

PHICHIT: -- Phichit's Governor Surachai Kanarsa has recommended the use of traditional detoxification measures to cure local residents affected by heavymetal contamination from a nearby gold mine.

Traditional medicine has proved effective in detoxifying some of the residents, he said, with the level of heavymetal contamination dropping after two weeks.

The recommendation was one of three measures suggested by the governor at a meeting with local authorities to alleviate the problem of contamination caused by Akara Resources, which operates gold mines in the province.

Other recommendations were to find other water sources outside the affected areas and provide villagers with water purifiers so that they could have clean drinking water. The governor proposed the import of organic vegetables to provide to villagers who could not eat their homegrown crops for fear of possible contamination.

Heavy metal substances have been identified in the blood samples of 401 villagers out of 723, according to the information provided by Central Institute of Forensic Science and Rangsit University.

A group of villagers submitted a petition to the prime minister seeking his help to solve the problems.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Traditional-medicine-can-reduce-heavy-metal-contam-30252273.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-20

One wonders just what planet this guy comes from, as mentioned close down the gold mine , step 2 rectify the problem Step 3 Unable to rectify problem mine remains shut until a solution is found, third world thinking from someone who calls himself the Governor of Phichit province , he's use by date just expired, this guy is a menace to society.. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Once again traditional medicine comes out number 1 That is why Thais are very heartley and live into the ninties and hundreds.

The West has so much to learn

You are trying to be funny, right?!

RIGHT?!

blink.png

• Like 1

Forcing the mine to clean up their act would be a great place to start to reduce the levels of contamination.

But that would cut into profits and there is just a possibility that corruption could have reached the governors office and if that were the case he certainly wouldn't want to suggest that the company take any responsibility.

While saying that, traditional or herbal medicines can be good and shouldn't be dismissed as the drug companies would like to happen.

But the first thing that should be addressed is the cause before looking at mitigating the effects.

Edited by Robby nz
  • Like 1

Once again traditional medicine comes out number 1 That is why Thais are very heartley and live into the ninties and hundreds.

The West has so much to learn

millions of people in the west live into their ninety's , da gov that is spewing this detox rubbish seems to retarded . the level of edu is maybe the reason he can get away with it . and you harry are as dumb as a box of rocks .

• Like 1

Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) also known in most parts of the World as "quackery"

There is some degree of quackery in all medical systems - even ours.

Herbal detox treatments are worth looking into.

The most immediate concern should be shutting down the mine... until it cleans up its act.

• Like 1

Forcing the mine to clean up their act would be a great place to start to reduce the levels of contamination.

But that would cut into profits and there is just a possibility that corruption could have reached the governors office and if that were the case he certainly wouldn't want to suggest that the company take any responsibility.

While saying that, traditional or herbal medicines can be good and shouldn't be dismissed as the drug companies would like to happen.

But the first thing that should be addressed is the cause before looking at mitigating the effects.

You reckon an MNC mine in Thailand is just willy nilly polluting the countryside.

I would suggest its a little more likely that someone would just like a big wedge of cash to allow them to keep operating.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

so what are those magical thai herbs ?

give at least the name

I can think of several, depending on which heavy metals/toxins you are trying to 'detox'.

There are the classic 'detox' herbs such as garlic ('Kratiam'), ginger ('Khing'), turmeric ('Kamin'), coriander ('Pak Chee') and Triphala. Spirulina, chlorella and detox shakes with Psyllium and activated charcoal are common in detox centres.

Tamarind has been shown to increase excretion of fluoride... http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11840184

'Luk Tai Bai' (Phyllanthus Niruri) is a well known liver detox herb, with a number of other benefits. Thai Herbal Steam baths generally use a mixture of Thai herbs.

Chernobyl victims had good results using pectins/seaweeds.

I know it vexes you but those who do not believe detoxing is necessary or beneficial, please get out of the way of those who do. wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4XwDTX7uci alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20>

Cilantro and Chlorella can remove 80% of Heavy Metals from the Body.

It is not a quack, I have used this combination and it works wonders.

xCilantro-and-Chlorella.jpg.pagespeed.ic

Read more: http://naturalsociet.../#ixzz3PMwA9EKL

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

so what are those magical thai herbs ?

give at least the name

I can think of several, depending on which heavy metals/toxins you are trying to 'detox'.

There are the classic 'detox' herbs such as garlic ('Kratiam'), ginger ('Khing'), turmeric ('Kamin'), coriander ('Pak Chee') and Triphala. Spirulina, chlorella and detox shakes with Psyllium and activated charcoal are common in detox centres.

Tamarind has been shown to increase excretion of fluoride... http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11840184

'Luk Tai Bai' (Phyllanthus Niruri) is a well known liver detox herb, with a number of other benefits. Thai Herbal Steam baths generally use a mixture of Thai herbs.

Chernobyl victims had good results using pectins/seaweeds.

I know it vexes you but those who do not believe detoxing is necessary or beneficial, please get out of the way of those who do. wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4XwDTX7uci alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20>

Cilantro and Chlorella can remove 80% of Heavy Metals from the Body.

It is not a quack, I have used this combination and it works wonders.

xCilantro-and-Chlorella.jpg.pagespeed.ic

Read more: http://naturalsociet.../#ixzz3PMwA9EKL

Were you particularly afficted with these supposed heavy metals? DId you absorb them in the west or acquire them here? In which case maybe the solution is actually to move everyone out of thailand. these heavy metals seem very infectious.

Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) also known in most parts of the World as "quackery"

The most immediate concern should be shutting down the mine... until it cleans up its act.

The worst thing with 'western' medicine is the amount of medicine that is sometimes given needlessly or the type of medicine (that's not the word I'm looking for but you'll get my drift) that's given ie the one that offers most profits. Herbal detox I think is tosh but if people feel good about it, why not. I do believe that certain foods can help the body fight diseases and help prevent diseases to a certain extent. I don't like all the b/s claims such as "drink only carrot juice for 2 weeks and your cancer will be gone" type of thing. Certain foods can definitely supplement medicines as an aide though. As a cancer patient myself I can vouch for some of that. I also believe the traditional medicines work better when the diet is cut to suit. For example, if you're on antibiotics for example it's best to eat only fruit and veg/salad which is easier to digest than carbs and animal protein thus making it easier on kydneys, liver and other organs. It's an interesting topic

The worst thing with 'western' medicine is the amount of medicine that is sometimes given needlessly or the type of medicine (that's not the word I'm looking for but you'll get my drift) that's given ie the one that offers most profits. Herbal detox I think is tosh but if people feel good about it, why not. I do believe that certain foods can help the body fight diseases and help prevent diseases to a certain extent. I don't like all the b/s claims such as "drink only carrot juice for 2 weeks and your cancer will be gone" type of thing. Certain foods can definitely supplement medicines as an aide though. As a cancer patient myself I can vouch for some of that. I also believe the traditional medicines work better when the diet is cut to suit. For example, if you're on antibiotics for example it's best to eat only fruit and veg/salad which is easier to digest than carbs and animal protein thus making it easier on kydneys, liver and other organs. It's an interesting topic

Interesting indeed, and also possibly helpful for certain conditions and illnesses.

I think the key is to keep an open-mind without becoming gullible and duped by charlatans.

Interesting indeed, and also possibly helpful for certain conditions and illnesses.

I think the key is to keep an open-mind without becoming gullible and duped by charlatans.

Good advice