Report of Extension for Retirement at Bangkok - no problems

We are husband and wife, both from USA, well over 50 and have been extending our stay for Retirement purposes for a number of years. However we have been away for 1-1/2 years and had to start over with new Non-O visas each from the Portland, Oregon consulate and then went to Bangkok Immigration when there was 43 days remaining on our Non-O visas. We used the husband's income as the basis for his extension and then the wife's extension was as his dependent. Both extensions were done at the same time (since we both already had Non-O visas.)

8:45 - arrived with both TM7 forms already prepared and immediately got queue tickets.
We were #17 and #7 was showing. There were 4 officers working retirment extensions.
The place was about 90% full.

9:25 our number was called. The officer was pleasant but business like. I gave her the form and standard passport copies. We used the USA affidavit of income method but she didn't question it. That affidavit also testifies to our address in Bangkok. She didn't question our address, although I had to fill out another form and put our address on it. There were also two other forms to sign but I don't recall the contents. She stapled a notice that we had to do our first 90 day report from today (if we were still in the country.) We paid 3,800 Baht for the two of us. I had brought many documents verifying the income and also the address just in case, but they weren't asked for this time. I will continue to do that for future extensions.

9:40 another officer checked off on everything and we were done at 9:45

We went downstairs to get copies for re-entry permits (forms filled out before coming to Immigration).

10:00 - got queue ticket for re-entry permits

11:00 - received our re-entry permits (7,600 Baht for two)

Altogether a fairly pleasant extenstion process this time.

• Like 1