Media from 60 countries to cover Thai tourism

webfact

Media from 60 countries to cover Thai tourism

TRANG, 22 Jan 2015 (NNT) – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) will hold a press tour for media representatives from 60 countries around the world who will visit famous places in Thailand.

As part of the plan to make the country better known among foreigners, the TAT will be leading a group of foreign journalists to observe distinctive tourist attractions of eight provinces, including Lampang, Loei, Trat, Ratchaburi, Samut Songkhram and Nakhon Pathom.

The TAT is giving special attention to Scandinavian tourists as statistics showed that a larger number of Scandinavian people have a tendency to travel overseas as individual tourists.

To spark their interest in the country, the TAT office in Trang province will be taking 14 reporters from Scandinavian countries to Trang and Nakhon Si Thammarat to experience local food and must-visit attractions such as Koh Kradan, and the local handicraft village. The reporters have reportedly accepted the TAT’s invitation.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-01-22 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

I should have thought most people of the world would know about Thailand even if it is for all the wrong reasons , I see some adverts promoting the Thainess experience , methinks that Thai tourism numbers are falling quicker than an AirAsia flight, that bottom line looks grim gungadin, panic stations everyone.coffee1.gif

Everybody in Chiang Mai I talk with and are in the tourist business, say they have the best high season in years...maybe Phuket and Pattaya a bit down because of the Russians but I think it was a very good high season in general.

The TAT is giving special attention to Scandinavian tourists as statistics showed that a larger number of Scandinavian people have a tendency to travel overseas as individual tourists.

Maybe TAT, Immigration, RTP and Thai People or whatever should start to treat people from every country the same, instead or always start "targeting" different countries and scare off all others...

Imagine all those reporters from 60 different countries (Scandianvian) with all their translaters. So when Thai says something it has to be translated in say 30 languages. Or all these TAT people speak English, German or French.

I am in the dark !!!

Imagine all those reporters from 60 different countries (Scandianvian) with all their translaters. So when Thai says something it has to be translated in say 30 languages. Or all these TAT people speak English, German or French.

I am in the dark !!!

What I imagine is all those reporters with their varied English skills trying to understand what the Thai person in charge of the "tour" is actually saying in "Thainglish". The Germans speak English as do most of the french reporters.

Most reporters from Europe speak English as a second or third... language.

Too bad they aren't being given a real tour and not a concocted, feel good trip avoiding everything that might pose a problem.

Of course the Government and TAT will not allow the "downsides" (scams, corruption, rip offs and shakedowns) of tourism/tourists being reported on. These media people will be led by the hand, blindfolded and told always to nod 'Yes' for happiness of Thai peoples whistling.gif

I should have thought most people of the world would know about Thailand even if it is for all the wrong reasons , I see some adverts promoting the Thainess experience , methinks that Thai tourism numbers are falling quicker than an AirAsia flight, that bottom line looks grim gungadin, panic stations everyone.coffee1.gif

Everybody in Chiang Mai I talk with and are in the tourist business, say they have the best high season in years...maybe Phuket and Pattaya a bit down because of the Russians but I think it was a very good high season in general.

CM Karaoke joints maybe still have good revenues :)

• Like 1

TAT and Prayuth will proves to the world that their Thainess tour to Thailand is the best culture travel in the world.

You mean he takes them to Nana Plaza ? (Best Culture)

I think the world is proving to Thailand already that the Thai culture is far from so great..Seem u is in denial.

TAT and Prayuth will proves to the world that their Thainess tour to Thailand is the best culture travel in the world.

You mean he takes them to Nana Plaza ? (Best Culture)

I think the world is proving to Thailand already that the Thai culture is far from so great..Seem u is in denial.

Maybe chottee comment was tongue-in-cheek? whistling.gif

Edited by lvr181