Sun hemp

DumbFalang

If any of you guys are using sun hemp by the sack load, I'd be interested to find out where you buy it from and at what cost.

I'm just about to use it for the first time, so I'd also be interested in any experiences you may have had with it. I've read all the posts and followed the related links on this forum, but any new info would be appreciated thumbsup.gif

Hello DF, have you looked through the OG section at the TOP of the Ag Forum?

Another way is to Google and use "sunn hemp thailand" and it should give you

all threads on TV with sunn hemp.

I think in one of the pinned threads of the OG section has an address where I got

my seed, they sent them to me by bus to Korat and I picked them up there.

rice555

The thread in question.

rice555

Foreverford

Posted 2008-12-29 16:30:11

Smithson, on 2008-10-31 13:59:29, said:snapback.png

Thanks Smithson
I finally found a supplier of seed. Sun Hemp is called Paw Teung (pahh teu enhg) here and it goes for 40 baht a kilo if you are buying in bulk (I bought 200 kilos). They say 3-5 kilos per rai for green manure and Chownah has said he has had success in the 8 kilo a rai amount for broadcasting and discing. It germinates extremely fast, 4-5 hours soaking in warm water for me got some of the seeds to start showing its roots. Be careful not to soak too long if you want to "pre-emerge" your seeds as any longer than that or a delay in planting could be trouble. We just planted that and Sahnoh African (sesbania rostrata 40 baht a kilo and 3-5 kilo to a rai) last thursday the 25th and I will try to inform as the results come in. We are trying a few different methods to grow these two along with another bean that I don't have the name right now that is lima bean in size. The "Sanoh" is reputed to be a difficult grower with germination up to two weeks. Below is the contact of the company.

Thai Tanaht Praset in Chai Badan formely known as Lam Narai on Highway 21 half-way between Saraburi and Petchabun they are on the right side of the road about a kilo or two from the main clock tower on the highway.
Suenee 081-8202626

Tua Plu seeds in bulk are impossible to locate still but I will continue to look. I'd love to at least get a few cans but can't find them.
036-461701
Too too long on the computer and too sick to give more now but will update