Thailand backpacker death: Christina Annesley in mystery death on double Brit-murder island

Lite Beer

A women gets sick and dies in Thailand, nothing to suggest any foul play ... this to many posters is proof positive of foul play. Run to facebook pages and and other conspiracy based delusional social media posters to get up on the latest conspiracy theories and start spreading them fast in numbers because it will not be long before the non-nutters start pointing out the reality which includes her own tweets before her death about being ill after two weeks of solid drinking and needing to spend around 3,000 baht for antibiotic treatment.

Nothing to suspect foul play by any reasonable person but too many posters know better and know reasonable thinking doesn't help promote their internet detective skills or spread their hateful insecure agenda.

Nothing to suspect foul play but very mysterious for any reasonable person JTJ, Reports of another mysterious death of a Brit tourist on Thai holiday island of Koh Tao.

twitter.com/andylines

And don't forget it was your so called "delusional social media posters" who broke this story first 9 hours ago.

Every single death, in fact every single incident of any kind that happens anywhere, is mysterious until the cause is known, a mystery isn't necessarily suspicious. There is a huge difference between mysterious and suspicious.

There you go this is what it means http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mysterious

strange, unknown, puzzling, curious, secret, hidden, weird, concealed, obscure, baffling, veiled, mystical, perplexing, uncanny, incomprehensible, mystifying, impenetrable, arcane, inexplicable, cryptic, insoluble, unfathomable, abstruse, recondite, Delphic He died in mysterious circumstances.

You were inferring that the death was suspect, i.e. suspicious, and as you can see I know what the words mean already, even your free internet dictionary does not include "suspicious" in the meaning of "mysterious".

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They can only 'quote' what they are told, by the local Thai authorities. The same dishonest authorities that will cover up any foul play as best they can. Unfortunately, as has been seen numerous times previously, the Thai authorities cannot be trusted at all to tell the truth. Until some of these deaths are investigated independently (never) doubts and suspicions will always be there.

RIP young lady.

And off topic a bit, but the french guys hands were bound too tight to have been done by self, and has it all gone quiet on the fact that there were 3 lots of dna on Hannah? They have successfully put the focus on the Burmese two but even if they have the right guys (v. doubtful imo) what about the third. Total BS.

I do hope that anyone still going to KT now is aware of the possible outcome and therefore have decided to accept the risks. The lack of progress / change on KT over the last few months I think signifies how much change is actually going to take place in the country as a whole under Prayut, which is not bloody much at the end of the day. Such a shame. He had a great opportunity but bottled it it seems (that's if he ever intended to try and clean up - maybe he is like the others, or maybe the job is just too big - but corruption and dishonesty is rife, and if you're not Thai you're particularly likely to be on the wrong end of it)

and JTJ - Such blatant agendas, often I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I read some of that guff! Some of it could come straight out of the RTP handbook

"Thai authorities cannot be trusted at all to tell the truth. Until some of these deaths are investigated independently (never) doubts and suspicions will always be there."

If the Thai authorities don't investigate who do you think will, another country's investigators? What kind of make believe world do you live in, can you name just one country, anywhere, that allows such things to happen?

Portugal allowed UK Police to investigate Madeleine McCann case

What else.......may be

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/christina-annesley-dead-live-updates-5023640

'Died of natural causes'

We are hearing that tragic Christina is thought to have died of natural causes.

The 23-year-old, who was well known in political circles, was on a four month trip around South East Asia when she passed away.

The Foreign Office has confirmed the death of a British National in Thailand and is providing support to the family.

RIP Christina, far too young to die.

Natural Causes at 23?

What is the list of Natural Causes for a young person...

I have searched and searched on the web, but I can't find any evidence of a 23 year old ever died of natural causes anywhere in the world.

from the interweb...

"The sudden death of a previously healthy young individual is a rare but tragic event. Every year about one in 100,000 people aged between one and 35 dies suddenly of a natural cause.

The vast majority of sudden death cases in the young are caused by diseases of the heart. In about 70% of cases, an autopsy reveals a structural abnormality of the heart which led to a fatal cardiac arrhythmia."

Please stop all the conspiracy theories now , and let the facts speak for it self his time.

Koh Tao is still an island that attracts backpackers that want to party and use drugs . Unfortunately the murders in September were not enough to keep young vulnerable people away from Koh Tao .

Have you even been to koh Tao ?

I went when I was 27 and didn't check if it was ok for vulnerable people to go there - at that age You go -

4,002 posts does not equal wisdom ?

Our sincere condolences to her family. RIP Christina.

Perhaps it is time to send in Royal Thai Army Investigators, if the Police are not capable of handling the situation?

Time to send the army onto this island and wipe the whole sesspool out.

That does happen from time to time on some islands.

The Navy owns islands like Koh Samet and will occasionally clear the island or threaten to do so.

Whether this has to do with sorting out problems or doing anything wholesome and good is however, unlikely.

"Breaking News from the Grapevine" .... the B2 that are currently awaiting trial for the double murder of David & Hannah confessed killing Ms Annesley as well. They will volunteer in another reenactment tomorrow on how they could escape from prison in Koh Samui, take a speedboat to Koh Toa, fix pretty Annesley up with a roofie before killing her and return to their cell before dawn without getting noticed. The RTP confirmed that indeed a speedboat was seen at 4.00 am with the B2 on board but has no explanation yet how the B2 were able to get in and out of jail without getting noticed, the RTP did confirm though there is a DNA match between the B2 and Ms Annesley so there can be no doubt who did this.

How the hell can they say natural causes at 23 years old, thee is nothing natural about dying at that age...... Same as the guy who allegedly committed suicide after stabbing himself 47 times and slitting his throat... RTP.... what a bunch of clowns.

Have you never heard of heart attacks, cancer, tumours, aneurysms, thrombosis? It's not only the elderly that can be susceptible to these.

How the hell can they say natural causes at 23 years old, thee is nothing natural about dying at that age...... Same as the guy who allegedly committed suicide after stabbing himself 47 times and slitting his throat... RTP.... what a bunch of clowns.

Have you never heard of heart attacks, cancer, tumours, aneurysms, thrombosis? It's not only the elderly that can be susceptible to these.

We have all heard of them. But most of us have never head about PC 31 deciding within 24 hour this is how someone has died.

Are you starting to understand yet ?

"Thai authorities cannot be trusted at all to tell the truth. Until some of these deaths are investigated independently (never) doubts and suspicions will always be there."

If the Thai authorities don't investigate who do you think will, another country's investigators? What kind of make believe world do you live in, can you name just one country, anywhere, that allows such things to happen?

C'mon JT, I mean Sviss Geez, read it properly if you can - do you see that bit in my quote that says '(never)'? Do you know what never means?

All I have said is that due to their track record any suspicious death will always be just that in Thailand - because the authorities have shown time and again they have certain agendas and they cannot be trusted in the least.

Just where did I suggest that outside investigation was possible / likely?

They can only 'quote' what they are told, by the local Thai authorities. The same dishonest authorities that will cover up any foul play as best they can. Unfortunately, as has been seen numerous times previously, the Thai authorities cannot be trusted at all to tell the truth. Until some of these deaths are investigated independently (never) doubts and suspicions will always be there.

RIP young lady.

And off topic a bit, but the french guys hands were bound too tight to have been done by self, and has it all gone quiet on the fact that there were 3 lots of dna on Hannah? They have successfully put the focus on the Burmese two but even if they have the right guys (v. doubtful imo) what about the third. Total BS.

I do hope that anyone still going to KT now is aware of the possible outcome and therefore have decided to accept the risks. The lack of progress / change on KT over the last few months I think signifies how much change is actually going to take place in the country as a whole under Prayut, which is not bloody much at the end of the day. Such a shame. He had a great opportunity but bottled it it seems (that's if he ever intended to try and clean up - maybe he is like the others, or maybe the job is just too big - but corruption and dishonesty is rife, and if you're not Thai you're particularly likely to be on the wrong end of it)

and JTJ - Such blatant agendas, often I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I read some of that guff! Some of it could come straight out of the RTP handbook

No. But we do know that in another other "normal' country there would be a proper investigation.

Do you see any problems with that ?

Why do you think I would I see a problem with an investigation?

Well actually it can be called Death Island, as it is an island, and a lot of people seem to

mysteriously die there. But I do agree, whoever is doing the killing, is certainly targeting

tourists. So......I guess that means the killer / killers are local people.

What are the a lot of mystery deaths? Two brutal murders with suspects whose sperm was found in one victim and whose dna was found at the crime scene? A sick girl who appears to have died of naturally but just plain idioitc to cause it a mystery at this point simply because it just happened and you don't know the circumstances yet ... extremely drunk person drowning ... diving accident ... suicide

It is no mystery why the sun is hot unless you just want to pretend there is one and ignore the science and cast doubt on the credibility of anyone who has actually researched the subject.

Has there been a cluster of deaths, yup. Would the majority of them have made the news had their not been the brutal murders that can happen anywhere in the world at any time ... probably not. Certainly appears to be a lot of recent deaths but not seeing much mystery unless you simply choose to want to believe mystery and disregard reality. Might not even be a lot of deaths as Thailand has a lot of vices that can bring on depression from money to love woes, attracts both the old and hard party people and in much of the country you are not babysat by authorities to keep you safe and drunks get on bikes or go swimming and others choose to take their own life just like somebody does each day in Las Vegas, another place of vices attracting many less than stable people. Tragic yes, mystery not.

Please stop ranting now John, you are not credible.

You definately has something to do with Koh Tao, maybe you have a business, relatives or you might even live on Koh Tao so your feverish attempts to defend Koh Tao is starting to get transparent.

The family of the young girl is already notified, so it can't be that reason.

Let people voice their concern, even if it's not based on whats really happened.

Lets sit back and see what happens and how police handles this case but don't get upset of others who don't..

RIP young lady.

No. But we do know that in another other "normal' country there would be a proper investigation.

Do you see any problems with that ?

Why do you think I would I see a problem with an investigation?

Because you can not and never will see anything wrong in Thailand. As you have proved on many occasions..

Do you See the problem yet ?

Portugal allowed UK Police to investigate Madeleine McCann case

You're sort of right, the local police in Portugal admitted that they were out of their depth in that case but they asked the British police for assistance which is not the same as an independent investigation from another country being forced on them.

Those twuntards in the AC bar must really hate Europeans, Brits in particular it seems. RIP young lady, my heart goes out to your family. It's about time the UK put a campaign together warning people of the risks involved if they decide to visit this island.

"Those twuntards in the AC bar must really hate Europeans, Brits in particular..."

What do they have to do with this girl's death? You know something nobody else does? No, of course you don't.

When they post sick pictures of themselves mocking the deaths of Hannah and David they deserve to be called far worse than twuntards!! AC bar lowlife scum I call them

My point was what do they have to do with this girl's death, what's your point?

You're the one that was making the AC bar posts when the two kids got murdered aren't you? I think I asked if you were posting on behalf of those animals at the AC bar? Guess this answers that question

serial killer strikes again in Thailand Koh Tao seems like a place where the Brits should avoid as we seem to be dropping like flies, RIP Christina Annesley and sincere condolences to family and friends far too young to be taken her life was just beginning, time for the RT Police to get their rubber hoses out and a confession beaten out of some scape goat, or a case to get their teeth into and solve the crime or time to just push in another month doing nothing and just collect the wages and a cut from the criminals ill-gotten gains.

Honestly, how high is the probability of a young British girl, who in a way is a Hannah lookalike, and who has EXACTLY the same age as Hannah, to die at EXACTLY the same resort (In Touch) where Hannah was also staying within 4 months time-period?

I would say the chance of that happening is 1 to 1.000.000.000.000.000, probably the same as winning the lotto jackpot 4 consecutive times in one month?

Seriously, this is "roofie" territory where a lot of horny Thai wannabee bad boys are targeting the Farang chicks and I'll bet you this one is no different but will of course be covered up as well. It is dangerous territory!

serial killer strikes again in Thailand Koh Tao seems like a place where the Brits should avoid as we seem to be dropping like flies, RIP Christina Annesley and sincere condolences to family and friends far too young to be taken her life was just beginning, time for the RT Police to get their rubber hoses out and a confession beaten out of some scape goat, or a case to get their teeth into and solve the crime or time to just push in another month doing nothing and just collect the wages and a cut from the criminals ill-gotten gains.

It's from November 2014 . . .

Koh Tao’s dark side: dangers of island where Britons were murdered

Hannah Witheridge and David Miller were killed in Koh Tao, where fear of mafia involvement hides under paradisical façade

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/nov/23/briton-thailand-murder-hannah-witheridge-david-miller-mystery-mafia-fear

We have all heard of them. But most of us have never head about PC 31 deciding within 24 hour this is how someone has died.

Do you understand that I was responding to a question querying death at a young age?

And can you understand this, Einstein, the police believe she died of natural causes based on the circumstances in which she was found. The body was sent for a postmortem in order to specifically identify the cause.

How's your understanding coming on?

C'mon JT, I mean Sviss Geez, read it properly if you can - do you see that bit in my quote that says '(never)'? Do you know what never means?

All I have said is that due to their track record any suspicious death will always be just that in Thailand - because the authorities have shown time and again they have certain agendas and they cannot be trusted in the least.

Just where did I suggest that outside investigation was possible / likely?

Yes, I did see that and I do know what "never" means. I also saw that you'd put the word in brackets so what you wrote suggested that you thought independent investigators should be involved.

How many tourists are stupid enough to still go to this island?

And how could she spend 60GBP (3,000bht) on antibiotics?

you make no sense, what do you find strange about 60 gbp on anti biotics?

First of all you need to know the type of antibiotic to get as not all of them react in the same way, some work for some infections and others don't. However, I can get a full week's supply of antibiotics from the pharmacy in Khonburi, in Issan for under 300 baht.

So spending 3,000 baht does seem very excessive.

Do you understand that I was responding to a question querying death at a young age?

And can you understand this, Einstein, the police believe she died of natural causes based on the circumstances in which she was found. The body was sent for a postmortem in order to specifically identify the cause.

How's your understanding coming on?

No need to be Einstein to believe what the police believe. As the poster before mentions, how can the police determine the cause of death when there are no facilities on the island to do so.

Well actually it can be called Death Island, as it is an island, and a lot of people seem to

mysteriously die there. But I do agree, whoever is doing the killing, is certainly targeting

tourists. So......I guess that means the killer / killers are local people.

What are the a lot of mystery deaths? Two brutal murders with suspects whose sperm was found in one victim and whose dna was found at the crime scene? A sick girl who appears to have died of naturally but just plain idioitc to cause it a mystery at this point simply because it just happened and you don't know the circumstances yet ... extremely drunk person drowning ... diving accident ... suicide

It is no mystery why the sun is hot unless you just want to pretend there is one and ignore the science and cast doubt on the credibility of anyone who has actually researched the subject.

Has there been a cluster of deaths, yup. Would the majority of them have made the news had their not been the brutal murders that can happen anywhere in the world at any time ... probably not. Certainly appears to be a lot of recent deaths but not seeing much mystery unless you simply choose to want to believe mystery and disregard reality. Might not even be a lot of deaths as Thailand has a lot of vices that can bring on depression from money to love woes, attracts both the old and hard party people and in much of the country you are not babysat by authorities to keep you safe and drunks get on bikes or go swimming and others choose to take their own life just like somebody does each day in Las Vegas, another place of vices attracting many less than stable people. Tragic yes, mystery not.

Please stop ranting now John, you are not credible.

You definately has something to do with Koh Tao, maybe you have a business, relatives or you might even live on Koh Tao so your feverish attempts to defend Koh Tao is starting to get transparent.

The family of the young girl is already notified, so it can't be that reason.

Let people voice their concern, even if it's not based on whats really happened.

Lets sit back and see what happens and how police handles this case but don't get upset of others who don't..

"Let people voice their concern, even if it's not based on whats really happened."

Where's the credibility in that statement? Your own credibility went down the drain with that statement, never mind your perception of JTJ's.

Archived