Thailand backpacker death: Christina Annesley in mystery death on double Brit-murder island

Lite Beer

Just to be clear, this is not the 3rd death but the 5th in around a year. There was a British guy who mysteriously died around Christmas 2013. Lets not forget the french guy last month who 'hung himself' after tying his hands together.

This is a small island and the probability of 5 foreigners murdered/ disappeared/died under mysterious circumstances must be fairly astronomical.

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to detect a pattern here.

Especially when there would have been more tourists who lost their life on KT or in its waters last year, but I must have been misinformed, I can't remember exactly, Dr Alzheimer is playing with my neurones probably... Just that I see KT every day in front of my bedroom... Would TAT know more than the, then mostly absent or 'unavailable' two coppers on KT, or some of their, local(!), deputy-'volunteers'? Sherlock should send out his aide to dig into it, what's his name again? Captain ...? Ah, Alzheimer...

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG....I am not going to let any of my children or family anywhere near that island. It's very very scary, with a french guy hung with his hands tied to his back last in the last few weeks, and somebody else from the UK who was found dead on the rocks after having gone to bed normally. It is too much of coincidence over there. I wish the army would go themselves and clean the place up

Already done, got 'em in jail already, the B2. Case closed.

condolences to the family and friends.

For the folks on here condemning the island, does the same go for visiting other places in Thailand? Bangkok for example? Come on.

Does anyone know the population of Koh Tao?

I'd like to compare that statistic to Bangkok, and the resulting murders or mysterious deaths per capita.

Where do you live John ?

Do you have a business on KT by any chance ?

I live in reality ... assume you live on Speculation Lane in the Conspiracy township located just south of the city of Never Read a News Story before Coming to Thailand or knows in short as BS Land.
So you live on KT then right smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqNPM4cy2e

I don't live on Koh Tao, but the Mirror article clearly suggests that this is being seen as a tragic death from natural causes.

Sensationalism at its worst!

They can only 'quote' what they are told, by the local Thai authorities. The same dishonest authorities that will cover up any foul play as best they can. Unfortunately, as has been seen numerous times previously, the Thai authorities cannot be trusted at all to tell the truth. Until some of these deaths are investigated independently (never) doubts and suspicions will always be there.

RIP young lady.

And off topic a bit, but the french guys hands were bound too tight to have been done by self, and has it all gone quiet on the fact that there were 3 lots of dna on Hannah? They have successfully put the focus on the Burmese two but even if they have the right guys (v. doubtful imo) what about the third. Total BS.

I do hope that anyone still going to KT now is aware of the possible outcome and therefore have decided to accept the risks. The lack of progress / change on KT over the last few months I think signifies how much change is actually going to take place in the country as a whole under Prayut, which is not bloody much at the end of the day. Such a shame. He had a great opportunity but bottled it it seems (that's if he ever intended to try and clean up - maybe he is like the others, or maybe the job is just too big - but corruption and dishonesty is rife, and if you're not Thai you're particularly likely to be on the wrong end of it)

and JTJ - Such blatant agendas, often I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I read some of that guff! Some of it could come straight out of the RTP handbook

For the folks on here condemning the island, does the same go for visiting other places in Thailand? Bangkok for example? Come on.

I'd like to compare that to Bangkok.

About 1,500 local Thai's but as for burmese, no official figures one would guess a couple of thousand

How many tourists are stupid enough to still go to this island?

And how could she spend 60GBP (3,000bht) on antibiotics?

You have no idea of the high price to pay for orginal, european, pharmaceutical products in Thailand, A-B in the front row, and more so in 'remote' places like KT, could have been just a box of 20, but you would go for the copies sold per piece from the local 'pharmacist''s big jar, I wouldn't... Do you still have a point?

Yeah kinda see where you are coming rom. Bangkok with its 6 - million population must be fairly close to this island with a 20.000 population.

I'd like to compare that to Bangkok.

About 1,500 local Thai's but as for burmese, no official figures one would guess a couple of thousand

Do we even need to do the math?

Those twuntards in the AC bar must really hate Europeans, Brits in particular it seems. RIP young lady, my heart goes out to your family. It's about time the UK put a campaign together warning people of the risks involved if they decide to visit this island.

"Those twuntards in the AC bar must really hate Europeans, Brits in particular..."

What do they have to do with this girl's death? You know something nobody else does? No, of course you don't.

I got beaten to the reply by Thailandchilli, check the images he posted and maybe that will put it into perspective for you

How many tourists are stupid enough to still go to this island?

And how could she spend 60GBP (3,000bht) on antibiotics?

You have no idea of the high price to pay for orginal, european, pharmaceutical products in Thailand, A-B in the front row, and more so in 'remote' places like KT, could have been just a box of 20, but you would go for the copies sold per piece from the local 'pharmacist''s big jar, I wouldn't... Do you still have a point?

Good point. Glad you think a 20 odd year old would be on the same wavelength.

Am I old fashioned or is letting your 23 year old daughter get hammered every night for four months in Asia a little reckless? I guess at 23 you hope they have some sense of control and wellbeing. Now the family gets to suffer forever. Unfortunate.

Yeah kinda see where you are coming rom. Bangkok with its 6 - million population must be fairly close to this island with a 20.000 population.

Just checked. Less than that, 1,382 local Thai's in Koh Tao at last count in 2006 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ko_Tao

Just to be clear, this is not the 3rd death but the 5th in around a year. There was a British guy who mysteriously died around Christmas 2013. Lets not forget the french guy last month who 'hung himself' after tying his hands together.

This is a small island and the probability of 5 foreigners murdered/ disappeared/died under mysterious circumstances must be fairly astronomical.

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to detect a pattern here.

"You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to detect a pattern here."

...but you do have to be an uninformed ThaiVisa speculator.

A women gets sick and dies in Thailand, nothing to suggest any foul play ... this to many posters is proof positive of foul play. Run to facebook pages and and other conspiracy based delusional social media posters to get up on the latest conspiracy theories and start spreading them fast in numbers because it will not be long before the non-nutters start pointing out the reality which includes her own tweets before her death about being ill after two weeks of solid drinking and needing to spend around 3,000 baht for antibiotic treatment.

Nothing to suspect foul play by any reasonable person but too many posters know better and know reasonable thinking doesn't help promote their internet detective skills or spread their hateful insecure agenda.

23 year olds just spontaneously drop dead all the time.

OMG....I am not going to let any of my children or family anywhere near that island. It's very very scary, with a french guy hung with his hands tied to his back last in the last few weeks, and somebody else from the UK who was found dead on the rocks after having gone to bed normally. It is too much of coincidence over there. I wish the army would go themselves and clean the place up

Tell me, why the army would be any better than the BIB ?

Because there are many cases of unprofessional performance, exploitation and crime known from the police which also has a history of corruption and connection with a corrupt criminal.

I don't know of any of those from the army

Then you don't know much.

I also heard the same as Pink Panther in that local journalists reported that the lady was discovered dead in none other than In touch resort, owned by the infamous Mon.. Obviously some sources TV forum approve of to confirm are thin on the ground. In time I think, although incredibly odd with the delay in the reporting considering the ongoing KT case with the Burmese lads

Yes CSI were first with the news through their contacts on KT, 9 hours ago, and sure its them that have said she was found naked in the resort owned by Mon, "In Touch" Local officials are saying its a drug overdose according to them. Yea of course what else............

Would you take drugs if you felt unwell and had just spent 3,000bht w00t.gif on antibiotics?

Antibiotics aren't drugs, then?

No point in posting a link to the report in the Daily Mail UK since it's banned in Thailand, but her mother states she died of natural causes.

In the image taken from the news report which came from her Twitter account she recounts 'lying on a sunbed with an alcopop and a bucketload of Tramadol'.

Mixing Tramadol with alcohol and certain types of antibiotics can prove fatal according to this Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramadol#Interactions

Why she would be taking Tramadol in the first place is difficult to imagine considering it's a strong painkiller, but given the easy access to pharmacutical drugs in Thailand, she probably wouldn't experience any difficulty getting hold of it.

post-101376-0-91481100-1421945103_thumb.

BKK has between 12 - 15 million people living there, how many on Koh Tao?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Did the two Burmese sneak out of jail and go back to the island or is there another explanation ?

We wait more news.

Their in a meeting now deciding what story they can come up with this time. They've ruled out suicide as they used that last time so no doubt they'll plump for self administered drug overdose and keep their fingers crossed that no one questions them this time.

Gang of four are also in a strategy meeting to see the best way to deflect any possible critisizm of the up and coming cover up investigation

Add, have the forensic experts already examined the body, the scene etc?

Or will they be called in 3 months time?

Hasn't the bungalow yet been cleaned thoroughly for new guests?

Yes CSI were first with the news through their contacts on KT, 9 hours ago, and sure its them that have said she was found naked in the resort owned by Mon, "In Touch" Local officials are saying its a drug overdose according to them. Yea of course what else............

What else.......may be

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/christina-annesley-dead-live-updates-5023640

'Died of natural causes'

We are hearing that tragic Christina is thought to have died of natural causes.

The 23-year-old, who was well known in political circles, was on a four month trip around South East Asia when she passed away.

The Foreign Office has confirmed the death of a British National in Thailand and is providing support to the family.

Starting with the headline Died of natural causes is typical of your apologist stance and unwillingness to accept any criticism of the authorities.

THOUGHT is a big word.

Nobody KNOWS yet.

Lets leave the headlines until we have credible autopsy results.

Maybe never if left up to this country to perform.

Typical of your jump-right-in-with-both-feet stance, he was simply quoting a source with a lot more credibility than Thai-bashing posters here have.

No point in posting a link to the report in the Daily Mail UK since it's banned in Thailand, but her mother states she died of natural causes.

In the image taken from the news report which came from her Twitter account she recounts 'lying on a sunbed with an alcopop and a bucketload of Tramadol'.

Mixing Tramadol with alcohol and certain types of antibiotics can prove fatal according to this Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramadol#Interactions

Why she would be taking Tramadol in the first place is difficult to imagine considering it's a strong painkiller, but given the easy access to pharmacutical drugs in Thailand, she probably wouldn't experience any difficulty getting hold of it.

Seems that she was abusing pharmaceuticals, and alcohol, on top of a chest infection. Not a good combination.

a little perspective goes a long way.

In Chicago there were 456 homicides during 2014. That is one city, in one country that hosts plenty of tourist each year.

For me...while tragic, is still much more "safe" than may places.

Or compared to Singapore 5.6Million only had 16 murders in 2011.

I know where I'd rather visit and it isn't Koh Tao

If death was caused by the effects of mixing drugs or the side effects of doing so then "natural causes" is clearly incorrect. If it was a combination of illness and the above then I guess it's less clear. I wonder how the insurance will view it if she had insurance either of the travel variety or back home.

A women gets sick and dies in Thailand, nothing to suggest any foul play ... this to many posters is proof positive of foul play. Run to facebook pages and and other conspiracy based delusional social media posters to get up on the latest conspiracy theories and start spreading them fast in numbers because it will not be long before the non-nutters start pointing out the reality which includes her own tweets before her death about being ill after two weeks of solid drinking and needing to spend around 3,000 baht for antibiotic treatment.

Nothing to suspect foul play by any reasonable person but too many posters know better and know reasonable thinking doesn't help promote their internet detective skills or spread their hateful insecure agenda.

Nothing to suspect foul play but very mysterious for any reasonable person JTJ, Reports of another mysterious death of a Brit tourist on Thai holiday island of Koh Tao.

twitter.com/andylines

And don't forget it was your so called "delusional social media posters" who broke this story first 9 hours ago.

Every single death, in fact every single incident of any kind that happens anywhere, is mysterious until the cause is known, a mystery isn't necessarily suspicious. There is a huge difference between mysterious and suspicious.

It's amazing how so many of you jump to conclusions without knowing anything.

I feel the two Burmese are scapegoats, but this poor young girl could have died for any number of reasons. No details of the cause of death.

Let's just wait, hope and pray that there is no foul play.

The fact that after 4 days the police have released zero info of the circumstances wreaks of foul play and antibiotics don't kill neither does partying on holiday - all the info so far is coming from none local sources

The body has been sent for autopsy?..... If I were her family I would try and block that.

If she has been smothered and raped for example, the hospital will be under orders to remove any and every piece of autopsy evidence as to the cause of death.

I guarantee it.

Archived