Thailand backpacker death: Christina Annesley in mystery death on double Brit-murder island

Lite Beer

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://twitter.com/chrstinadarling

Gap Yah Christinah

‏@chrstinadarling

Great, just as I finally make friends I have to shell out £60 for antibiotics and now can't afford to go out with them. F*** everything.

4:16 AM - 19 Jan 2015

Gap Yah Christinah

‏@chrstinadarling

Am now lying on a sunbed with an alcopop and a bucketload of Tramadol, so feeling a bit better.

2:18 AM - 17 Jan 2015

Gap Yah Christinah

‏@chrstinadarling

Anyway I'm off to the beach to sulk and look at beautiful scenery and mong out on Valium.

8:59 PM - 15 Jan 2015

And your point is? Why not wait for whatever sham of an official report comes out before speculating?

I didn't speculate anything or even say anything excepts share some her own words the week before she died which shows drugs she was taking.

Then again speculating to you might be the official reports too if they don't say what you want them to.

Gap Yah Christinah

‏@chrstinadarling

Great, just as I finally make friends I have to shell out £60 for antibiotics and now can't afford to go out with them. F*** everything.

Gap Yah Christinah

‏@chrstinadarling

Am now lying on a sunbed with an alcopop and a bucketload of Tramadol, so feeling a bit better.

Gap Yah Christinah

‏@chrstinadarling

Anyway I'm off to the beach to sulk and look at beautiful scenery and mong out on Valium.

And your point is? Why not wait for whatever sham of an official report comes out before speculating?

I didn't speculate anything or even say anything excepts share some her own words the week before she died which shows drugs she was taking.

Then again speculating to you might be the official reports too if they don't say what you want them to.

JTJ propaganda no less.

It's amazing how so many of you jump to conclusions without knowing anything.

I feel the two Burmese are scapegoats, but this poor young girl could have died for any number of reasons. No details of the cause of death.

Let's just wait, hope and pray that there is no foul play.

The fact that after 4 days the police have released zero info of the circumstances wreaks of foul play and antibiotics don't kill neither does partying on holiday - all the info so far is coming from none local sources

She had been taking Valium, Tramadol and antibiotics with alcohol; overdoses of the first two with alcohol can cause death.

And you know this because ?

We know this because she twittered this information before she died.

The UK Daily Telegraph have a report:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/tourism/11363011/Political-activist-23-dies-backpacking-on-Thai-island-of-Koh-Tao.html

You're the one that was making the AC bar posts when the two kids got murdered aren't you? I think I asked if you were posting on behalf of those animals at the AC bar? Guess this answers that question

All these Koh Tao apologists have some form of vested interest in the island, covered in other threads.

jdinasia - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/775562-british-police-examining-koh-tao-murder-probe-to-return-to-uk/page-11#entry8663016

islandlife - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/788835-french-man-found-hanged-in-koh-tao-with-his-hands-tied-behind-his-back-foul-play-suspected/page-29

JohnThailandJohn too if I recall, can't find a link I'm sure others will confirm.

I think, by admission, that JTJ is a dive master on Koh Tao, or owns a dive shop, or maybe just a dive?

Anyway, I don't think he's doing very well due to these "suicides/unfortunate deaths". Maybe because he is too busy as an RTP shill and posting under several IDs on this thread every time anyone questions his beloved RTP.

Gap Yah Christinah

‏@chrstinadarling

Gap Yah Christinah

‏@chrstinadarling

Gap Yah Christinah

‏@chrstinadarling

But for some reason you didn't quote the post saying two men had been in a fight over her. Why? Did it not fit with your version of the "facts?"

The goings on in Koh Tao need independent, external investigation. There are too many suspicious deaths. This just being the latest.

Condolences to the family of the deceased. I hope they get clear answers of what happened.

Including the french man who committed "suicide" after beating himself up and tying his own hands behind his back, that makes at least 4 murders this season. More tourist deaths on that island than in Bangkok. Whats it take to get a real investigation???

Lots of wild speculation here, based on what? Koh Tao is a wonderful place and maybe if tourists lose interest, it will be even more relaxing to vacation there. I've noticed that people die everywhere in Thailand, every day, from various causes and some are very nasty deaths. In a nation of 63 million, with millions of foreign tourists, the statistics are pointing to 'not much chance of being killed in Thailand' - as say opposed to Mexico or Brazil. From what I see first hand, from the general behavior of a percentage of foreign tourists, there is a larger amount of 'risky' behavior. Risky can mean lots of different things but personally, I don't expect to be able to behave as if there are no 'limits', while on 'vacation'.

It is interesting to me that suicide was ruled to the french before an autopsy. One wonders if an autopsy was even done.

Then to famous doctors make public news statements to say suicide was not likely.

Now this girl embassy, family and police are saying natural causes, but she only passed yesterday. So unlikely an autopsy and toxology reports would be completed. I would have these questions. Who were the nice friends she made?

Who were the 2 guys who fought over her?

Why was she found naked?

Who found her?

Why was the person who found her suspicious and go into her room?

Unless she was sharing with a friend .

if she died from consuming valium and other drugs , then it is not natural causes. It is accidental drug overdose.

So already one can find many discrepancies in the stories.

Just like, David was not killed by the hoe.

The frenchy died under suspicious circumstances.

And the Swiss guy who just completed a master dive course did not commit suicide.

Including the french man who committed "suicide" after beating himself up and tying his own hands behind his back, that makes at least 4 murders this season. More tourist deaths on that island than in Bangkok. Whats it take to get a real investigation???

But apparently, someone pointing out that it might be incredibly statistically dangerous might be anti thai

Lots of wild speculation here, based on what? Koh Tao is a wonderful place and maybe if tourists lose interest, it will be even more relaxing to vacation there. I've noticed that people die everywhere in Thailand, every day, from various causes and some are very nasty deaths. In a nation of 63 million, with millions of foreign tourists, the statistics are pointing to 'not much chance of being killed in Thailand' - as say opposed to Mexico or Brazil. From what I see first hand, from the general behavior of a percentage of foreign tourists, there is a larger amount of 'risky' behavior. Risky can mean lots of different things but personally, I don't expect to be able to behave as if there are no 'limits', while on 'vacation'.

Mexico and Brazil, they are your risk assessment comparisons?

Lordy, lordy, lordy........

UPDATE:

Former Ukip youth leader dies in Thailand

Libertarian 'free spirit' found by resort staff after seeking treatment for chest infection

LONDON: -- A 23-year-old libertarian campaigner and Ukip supporter has died on a backpacking holiday in Thailand.

Christina Annesley, the former vice-chair of the Yorkshire branch of Ukip’s youth wing, was said by her family to have died of natural causes after seeking treatment for a chest infection.

Hundreds of people – including right-of-centre political figures – paid tribute to Ms Annesley yesterday after her mother Margaret, 55, announced her death on Facebook, saying: “We have lost our beautiful daughter Chrissie of natural causes.

“We are totally devastated. We love you so much darling. Rest in peace.”

The right-wing blogger Guido Fawkes said: “A sad day in libertarian circles. The one-time Tory turned ‘Kipper’ turned vocal free spirit was a regular on the young right-wing scene and was just 23 years old.”

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/former-ukip-youth-leader-dies-in-thailand-9996651.html

-- Independent 2015-01-23

Just to be clear, this is not the 3rd death but the 5th in around a year. There was a British guy who mysteriously died around Christmas 2013. Lets not forget the french guy last month who 'hung himself' after tying his hands together.

This is a small island and the probability of 5 foreigners murdered/ disappeared/died under mysterious circumstances must be fairly astronomical.

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to detect a pattern here.

I understand that the body of another Westerner was recently found floating in the sea just off Koh Tao also. That would make 6 deaths.

Just to be clear, this is not the 3rd death but the 5th in around a year. There was a British guy who mysteriously died around Christmas 2013. Lets not forget the french guy last month who 'hung himself' after tying his hands together.

This is a small island and the probability of 5 foreigners murdered/ disappeared/died under mysterious circumstances must be fairly astronomical.

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to detect a pattern here.

Ko Tao Death Toll (since Sep 2014)

Witheridge/Miller (GB) Sep

Woman (N) 22 Dec (boating accident: struck by propeller, drowned)

Nick Pearson (GB) 1 Jan (fell off a 15 m cliff and drowned)

Hanspeter Suter (CH) 10 Nov (Snorkelling accident/drowning)

Dimitri Povse (F) 13 Jan (suicide with hands tied behind back)

Annesley (GB) 21 Jan (pending)

It takes a new government. Wait, that already happened. There will be no real investigation.

23, two weeks heavy drinking, Gap year tourist, intelligent young free thinking motivated woman,

Guys want to fight in bar over her, Gets sick , Dies on holiday of a lifetime

Mother tells her to Cheat on your boyfriend if it makes you feel better,[[,Nice one mother ]] but hope he doesn't read that...

when are these young people going to ever wake up ,, stop the binge drinking.. stop the drugs

or you will pay for it in the end,,

Condolences to the family and friends.

So sorry for the abysmal Thai reporting once again. NO DETAILS of how she died.

This island needs a name change to KOH BEWARE!

"Dear family and friends, please be prepared for a lot of confusing and entirely unreliable stories and little or no truth from the authorities. Thailand remains in the 'Dark Ages' on this score. Please get British investigators and reporters here ASAP. It's the only way you can have some assurance of knowing the truth about your beloved!"