Thailand backpacker death: Christina Annesley in mystery death on double Brit-murder island

Lite Beer

A women gets sick and dies in Thailand, nothing to suggest any foul play ... this to many posters is proof positive of foul play. Run to facebook pages and and other conspiracy based delusional social media posters to get up on the latest conspiracy theories and start spreading them fast in numbers because it will not be long before the non-nutters start pointing out the reality which includes her own tweets before her death about being ill after two weeks of solid drinking and needing to spend around 3,000 baht for antibiotic treatment.

Nothing to suspect foul play by any reasonable person but too many posters know better and know reasonable thinking doesn't help promote their internet detective skills or spread their hateful insecure agenda.

Wondered how long it would be until you surfaced with your comments regarding "conspiracy theories"!

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on, let the conspiracy games start.

Anyone cared to read some news that may not be so favoring for a murder conspiracy?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/christina-annesley-dead-live-updates-5023640

On Saturday she remarked how "two weeks of solid drinking" had left her feeling unwell.

Some people I know have been drinking 40 years, and have not turned up dead on koh tao. The logic is lost. Antibiotics are very common, if you have come down with something... I don't believe she was mortally ill, while backpacking and hiking...a bit hung over.

The Daily Mail reports:

Christina's mother Margaret gave her cause of death as 'natural causes' today.

Posting on her daughter's Facebook page, she wrote: 'We have lost our beautiful daughter Chrissie in Thailand of natural causes.

Sorry but that sounds a really strange way to put it coming from a mother. So it sounds as if the autopsy has already been done and the mother is satisfied that it was natural causes. Apparently the young woman had a chest infection. No doubt her mobile phone is in the hands of the RTP who will be able to check her calls and photos to ascertain her movements and conversations before she was found dead. Not that the RTP will reveal anything though. Just seems very premature for a mother to make a statement like this so soon and seemingly without question. Unless of course she was seriously ill and her mother knew she was and was expecting her daughter to die imminently. Which I doubt.

The mother could have used the term 'natural causes' to damp down what she thought of as unpleasant speculation of a drugs overdose.

The title says "mystery death", but the original linked article does not contain the word "mystery" at all. That article, and all other news articles says death was because of "natural causes".

What is TVF news posters trying to do? There is already a large bunch of morons insisting on calling this beautiful place "death island". Are you people trying to make them happy?

Go, part time TVF part time crime solvers, another "mystery" death that for you! Although the mother says cause of death is natural, please discuss the possible causes of death for another useless 100 pages. After all, your lifes are so empty that you only find satisfaction in solving "murder" mysteries at "Death Island".

Another one for death island. When is the junta going to do something about this place? Moreover, when are tourists going to stop going there and giving their money and lives to this place? What a sad day for this woman's family.

How can the police not know how she died after so long, or have they just been buying time to find an excuse or a scapegoat for yet another death theIt would not surprise

It would not surprise me at all if the the perp/one of them was also involved in the previous murders, whilst the Burmese languish behind bars.

RIP & condolences to the family.

https://twitter.com/chrstinadarling

Gap Yah Christinah

‏@chrstinadarling

Great, just as I finally make friends I have to shell out £60 for antibiotics and now can't afford to go out with them. F*** everything.

4:16 AM - 19 Jan 2015

Gap Yah Christinah

‏@chrstinadarling

Am now lying on a sunbed with an alcopop and a bucketload of Tramadol, so feeling a bit better.

2:18 AM - 17 Jan 2015

Gap Yah Christinah

‏@chrstinadarling

Anyway I'm off to the beach to sulk and look at beautiful scenery and mong out on Valium.

8:59 PM - 15 Jan 2015

Gap Yah Christinah

‏@chrstinadarling

Great, just as I finally make friends I have to shell out £60 for antibiotics and now can't afford to go out with them. F*** everything.

Gap Yah Christinah

‏@chrstinadarling

Am now lying on a sunbed with an alcopop and a bucketload of Tramadol, so feeling a bit better.

Gap Yah Christinah

‏@chrstinadarling

Anyway I'm off to the beach to sulk and look at beautiful scenery and mong out on Valium.

And your point is? Why not wait for whatever sham of an official report comes out before speculating?

I also heard the same as Pink Panther in that local journalists reported that the lady was discovered dead in none other than In touch resort, owned by the infamous Mon.. Obviously some sources TV forum approve of to confirm are thin on the ground. In time I think, although incredibly odd with the delay in the reporting considering the ongoing KT case with the Burmese lads

Yes CSI were first with the news through their contacts on KT, 9 hours ago, and sure its them that have said she was found naked in the resort owned by Mon, "In Touch" Local officials are saying its a drug overdose according to them. Yea of course what else............

Would you take drugs if you felt unwell and had just spent 3,000bht w00t.gif on antibiotics?

No I wouldn't but then many don't care .... I'm not saying this girl did .... but disrespectful speculation is just that ... disrespectful

condolences to the family

I have spent many holidays on Ko Tao ..... and never had any hassles

How many tourists are stupid enough to still go to this island?

And how could she spend 60GBP (3,000bht) on antibiotics?

you make no sense, what do you find strange about 60 gbp on anti biotics

Antibiotics over here cost about 30p a strip of 10 I'm guessing you don't live here.

Another one for death island. When is the junta going to do something about this place? Moreover, when are tourists going to stop going there and giving their money and lives to this place? What a sad day for this woman's family.

How can the police not know how she died after so long, or have they just been buying time to find an excuse or a scapegoat for yet another death there?

As long as it's the cheapest place on earth to get a PADI diving certificate, people will continue to go there.

OMG....I am not going to let any of my children or family anywhere near that island. It's very very scary, with a french guy hung with his hands tied to his back last in the last few weeks, and somebody else from the UK who was found dead on the rocks after having gone to bed normally. It is too much of coincidence over there. I wish the army would go themselves and clean the place up

Tell me, why the army would be any better than the BIB ?

Haven't you heard? They run this place.

Considering Koh Tao is a National Park and the amount of encroachment on public areas there, I would say the Army could add it to their list of places to 'clean up'.

What the hell is going on over there! Just boycott the damn place so they squirm that there's no flow of money and people to kill. It'll be like the deep south, where very few foreigners go to. And about the deep south, I don't need numbers that say otherwise, as the percentage is probably low single digits of the total number of visitors that travel there.

Gap Yah Christinah

‏@chrstinadarling

Gap Yah Christinah

‏@chrstinadarling

Gap Yah Christinah

‏@chrstinadarling

Thanks for posting those as it saves me the trouble. The bit you missed out which I am not going to search for now (but it's there somewhere) is that she said she wasn't going to stay in the hostels because she had managed to get a bungalow. It has been reported that the accommodation she was found dead in belonged to Mon so I assume that is the bungalow. Surely a bungalow is more expensive to stay in than a hostel? So was someone doing her a favour? She said she had to shell out for antibiotics so could not afford to go out with the new friends she had made, yet she stayed in a bungalow rather than a hostel. Wouldn't a hostel be much cheaper?

This is terribly sad news. Hopefully the UK will start issuing strong warnings to anybody visiting Thailand, and particularly this island. I am getting the feeling that this has been going on for some time. The powerful forces that run the island are very accustomed to getting their own way, with money, women, and whatever else. If they don't get what they want, simply kill the "offender". A logical person would expect them to stop, because of all the heat they have been getting on social network sites and in international news. However, power, violence , and murder can be addicting to a certain type of person, and I believe that is what we're seeing here. I expect the usual assclowns on this board to post about this being a suicide, misunderstanding, accident, conspiracy theory, etc, etc. Sadly, I may not see these disinformation posts, since I have blocked the aforementioned assclowns.

Just a coincidence? <deleted> Thailand. I was planning to go Koh Tao in April with friends from the UK, thinking it deserves a break. But rethinking it doesn't deserve another chance. The Authorities need to wipe the vermin out of that place and start again.

I feel sorry for the family of the victim.

Yes the current people in power have really changed the place. Shame on those who could/should have changed things. Disgusted.bah.gif

How can the police not know how she died after so long, or have they just been buying time to find an excuse or a scapegoat for yet another death there?

As long as it's the cheapest place on earth to get a PADI diving certificate, people will continue to go there.

Actually Egypt is cheaper for the PADI but your point is valid. They are equally as dangerous.

Ms Annesley’s father, Boyne, told The Independent that the family had been informed by the Foreign Office that his daughter had died from natural causes.

He said: “She tweeted her boyfriend at midnight Thai time on Monday complaining that she had spent £60 on penicillin because she had a chest infection. We never heard from her again. She was due to check out of her bungalow soon, so staff there went round to check on her and found her dead.”

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/former-ukip-youth-leader-dies-in-thailand-9996651.html

Did the two Burmese sneak out of jail and go back to the island or is there another explanation ?

We wait more news.

Their in a meeting now deciding what story they can come up with this time. They've ruled out suicide as they used that last time so no doubt they'll plump for self administered drug overdose and keep their fingers crossed that no one questions them this time.

Gang of four are also in a strategy meeting to see the best way to deflect any possible critisizm of the up and coming cover up investigation

Can we expect another official statement filled with so much heartfelt regret that it's hoped tourism isn't affected ?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

looks like there might be a serial killer on the island, and this killer seems quiet busy.

Maybe it's just for fun at this point, who knows?

You could be right

I also heard the same as Pink Panther in that local journalists reported that the lady was discovered dead in none other than In touch resort, owned by the infamous Mon.. Obviously some sources TV forum approve of to confirm are thin on the ground. In time I think, although incredibly odd with the delay in the reporting considering the ongoing KT case with the Burmese lads

Yes CSI were first with the news through their contacts on KT, 9 hours ago, and sure its them that have said she was found naked in the resort owned by Mon, "In Touch" Local officials are saying its a drug overdose according to them. Yea of course what else............

What else.......may be

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/christina-annesley-dead-live-updates-5023640

'Died of natural causes'
We are hearing that tragic Christina is thought to have died of natural causes.
The 23-year-old, who was well known in political circles, was on a four month trip around South East Asia when she passed away.
The Foreign Office has confirmed the death of a British National in Thailand and is providing support to the family.

Lets hoped thats actually confirmed by an autopsy first , but thanks for the update

You should have a look at that page, it gets constantly updated.
. Now page has disappeared...

Her outspokenness included blogging in defence of The Sun’sPage 3 last November, arguing that women had the right to express their sexuality as they wished.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/former-ukip-youth-leader-dies-in-thailand-9996651.html

General Prayuth wouldn't have liked her then. Like another poster said previously, maybe she talked too much for some Thais liking, or asked too many questions. Going by what the press has to say she doesn't sound like the sort of woman to pipe down and lay low if there are issues to be addressed. RIP.

Just to be clear, this is not the 3rd death but the 5th in around a year. There was a British guy who mysteriously died around Christmas 2013. Lets not forget the french guy last month who 'hung himself' after tying his hands together.

This is a small island and the probability of 5 foreigners murdered/ disappeared/died under mysterious circumstances must be fairly astronomical.

You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to detect a pattern here.

And not forgetting the Swiss diver whose autopsy results have not been made publlc =6

An island with a registered population of less than 2000 and six suspicious deaths of visitors in 1 year?

it's a tourist island. Conservatively, there are probably somewhere between 3,000 to 5,000 tourists arriving and leaving every single day. Conservatively... And you would need to look at the room capacity on the island to get a feeling for the number of people there on any given day.

please don't get carried away with bad statistics.

Archived