Pattaya language schools now require 4 days/week attendance

Also, starting yesterday, they will give a 15 day extension and at the end of the 15 day evaluation period you can go back for another 75 day extension.

They will give a 15 days under consideration period on receiving the fee for the one extension being granted at the end of the consideration period.

Edited by paz

It is up to 90 days added to the end of previous permitted stay. Under consideration period may or may not be give and does not change total duration.

OK so 15/75, that's what I said. Wasn't aware was optional, I thought that was going to be standard in Pattaya for the time being.

It is up to 90 days added to the end of previous permitted stay. Under consideration period may or may not be give and does not change total duration.

OK so 15/75, that's what I said. Wasn't aware was optional, I thought that was going to be standard in Pattaya for the time being.

If you say 15 + 75 that implies that is two applications, and two fee payments, which is not.

After 15 days they just stamp the passport and that's it.

If you say 15 + 75 that implies that is two applications, and two fee payments, which is not.

After 15 days they just stamp the passport and that's it.

Yep, thats what I was saying, didn't mention anything about payment or application. But you will get 2 stamps, the first being for 15 days then returning to immigration at that time for another stamp for 75 days. That is what was implied.

• Like 1

"If you say 15 + 75 that implies that is two applications, and two fee payments, which is not."

I'll go with the OP on this one. Maybe a language factor?

Perhaps. Here's what the OP wrote:

they will give a 15 day extension and at the end of the 15 day evaluation period you can go back for another 75 day extension

While in fact it is one only extension.

I'm sure this is good for all these eager Thai language students...they should complete their courses in half the time and then return home.

Actually this is less time for many people. My school offers 3 days per week/3 hours per day. Immigration just wants people in class more days per week to interfere with them working.

"If you say 15 + 75 that implies that is two applications, and two fee payments, which is not."

they will give a 15 day extension and at the end of the 15 day evaluation period you can go back for another 75 day extension

When you go to immigration they will stamp your passport allowing you to stay for an additional 15 days, in other words extending your stay or an extension of stay. Then you must go to immigration a second time at which time they will stamp your passport allowing you to stay for an additional 75 days. again in other words extending your stay. So yes, for each 90 day period you must go 2 times, each time getting a stamp allowing you to stay for an extended period of time.

• Like 1

When you go to immigration they will stamp your passport allowing you to stay for an additional 15 days, in other words extending your stay or an extension of stay. Then you must go to immigration a second time at which time they will stamp your passport allowing you to stay for an additional 75 days. again in other words extending your stay. So yes, for each 90 day period you must go 2 times, each time getting a stamp allowing you to stay for an extended period of time.

well said , these guys are students so i take it they have matter between the ears right ? why didnt they just say this at the start of the topic. god give me strength coffee1.gif

well said , these guys are students so i take it they have matter between the ears right ? why didnt they just say this at the start of the topic. god give me strength coffee1.gif

I did say that at the beginning, someone just assumed that extension meant filling out an application and paying a fee which it does not.

I'm sure this is good for all these eager Thai language students...they should complete their courses in half the time and then return home.

?????? Your point please?

The point is how good this is for these eager Thai learners...immigration is making the schools offer more mandatory hours of instruction per work so this allows these students to graduate sooner. The students save money on room and board and visa fees because they can return home sooner and put their new Thai language skills to good use.

• Like 1

?????? Your point please?

The point is how good this is for these eager Thai learners...immigration is making the schools offer more mandatory hours of instruction per work so this allows these students to graduate sooner. The students save money on room and board and visa fees because they can return home sooner and put their new Thai language skills to good use.

So, when are you going to return home so you can save money on room and board and visa fees?

• Like 1

I find this very sad that some are so desperate for sex that they have to go to any length to get a visa dishonestly. Everyone knows they sre not in Pattaya to learn Thai.

I hope they are given tests in order to get extensiobs.

Exactly, that's what anyone living in Pattaya would be. Worst are all the oldies who flock to Pattaya just to hook up with young uneducated bargirls.

• Like 1

maswov post # 13.

Actually this is less time for many people. My school offers 3 days per week/3 hours per day. Immigration just wants people in class more days per week to interfere with them working.

Precisely ,the ed visa holders are supposed to be students ad therefore not available for employment nothing more nothing less.

You can thank certain T.V. members who posted and bragged about the money they were making and not attending, nor having any intention of attending any education classes for this situation as their bragging and well publicized contempt for the rules and their boasting of working on and off of line while on education visa's actually brought this matter to the attention of the immigration department.

That is why you are now jumping through hoops, too many people ''spill' beans and now the consequences are with you

• Like 1

As long as you study another language than Thai, you don't have to worry the immigration will test your language skills. If you do study Thai you're in trouble if you're not a quick learner.

Yes. The situation is not good. They may relax in a few month's time. On the 28th meeting with MOE. They will officially change courses to 6 months. Big headache for all schools.

And yet your website still states:

With this visa you do not have to leave Thailand every now and then but can stay here continually for one year.

http://www.thaiwalen.com/en/Thai_Student_Visas

Even though it was pointed out to you a few days ago on a different thread & yesterday you said you would get right on it changing your site to the correct info. Super easy to change a few lines of text on a webpage & re-upload the file. Not trying to mislead anyone visiting your site still, right? thumbsup.gif

As long as you study another language than Thai, you don't have to worry the immigration will test your language skills. If you do study Thai you're in trouble if you're not a quick learner.

Another student who learns Russian now instead of Thai told me some immigration officers can speak Russian & can test you on it. This was a big surprise to me!

That sounds a bit weird , think you must be very unlucky to find an immigration officer that speaks Russian.

I know a Scandinavian guy on ED visa studying English in Pattaya, he can speak the language already so he just pretend he is a slow learner........

Another student who learns Russian now instead of Thai told me some immigration officers can speak Russian & can test you on it. This was a big surprise to me!

That sounds a bit weird , think you must be very unlucky to find an immigration officer that speaks Russian.

I know a Scandinavian guy on ED visa studying English in Pattaya, he can speak the language already so he just pretend he is a slow learner........

Yeah it did sound weird & surprising. Speaking Thai & a bit of English spoken by them would be expected. Maybe they have one immigration officer who speaks Russian for all the Russian people living here in case they can't speak English lol.