Retirement Visa

I have a non O Visa and my Retirement Visa which takes me up to 7th March 2016. This is the first one i have had, It is not a multiple entry visa,so the question is, i may have to Leave Thailand in March for a few months or more, then returning to Thailand,what would be my best option as i am unsure of the rules. All reply's and comments are much appreciated..wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

You need to apply for a re-entry permit at your local immigration office. (Or at the airport if you leave from BKK).

You fill in the form http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm8.doc and pay a fee of 1,000 baht. (At Suv. airport they fill in the form and take your photo, but you pay 1,200 baht).

When you return to Thailand you fill in the re-entry permit number on your arrival card and will be stamped into Thailand again with the date of 7 March 2016. (A re-entry permit is only valid till your current permission to stay ends, so you must always return before that date).

You can also get a multiple re-entry permit for 3,800 baht. allowing you unlimited entries, but again only till the date your current permission to stay is valid.

• Like 1

You must be here on a one year retirement extension of stay rather than a visa if that 2016 date is valid so prior to travel you will need to visit immigration office (or obtain at airport during departure) obtain a re-entry permit. For single it will be 1,000 baht (plus extra at airport) or 3,800 baht multi. That will keep your current permitted to stay until date alive on your return. You need to fill out a one page form and present passport photo/copies of passport/entry/extension.

Oops - already answered - went to door to pay Lazada delivery before sending so did not see.

You need to apply for a re-entry permit at your local immigration office. (Or at the airport if you leave from BKK).

You fill in the form http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm8.doc and pay a fee of 1,000 baht. (At Suv. airport they fill in the form and take your photo, but you pay 1,200 baht).

When you return to Thailand you fill in the re-entry permit number on your arrival card and will be stamped into Thailand again with the date of 7 March 2016. (A re-entry permit is only valid till your current permission to stay ends, so you must always return before that date).

You can also get a multiple re-entry permit for 3,800 baht. allowing you unlimited entries, but again only till the date your current permission to stay is valid

Many thanks for the info..

Edited by crazyfalang

Your sure that it is not a typo March 2016? That is more than a year from now. I do not know how you managed that. If you did mean March 2015, then get an extension first before you leave and a re-entry permit.

You can apply up to 45 days early for an extension, so nothing wrong with the date if he recently extended.

Your sure that it is not a typo March 2016? That is more than a year from now. I do not know how you managed that. If you did mean March 2015, then get an extension first before you leave and a re-entry permit.

Yes 7th March 2016 as i had 30 days for my arrival card plus 3 months on my Non Immigrant Visa Plus 12 Months on my Retirement. I arrived 25th November so in all i got 16 months.