PM Prayuth asks media to stop asking kids about '12 Values'

webfact

Prayuth Asks Media To Stop Asking Kids About '12 Values'
By Khaosod English

14220801851422080450l.jpg
Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha chats with schoolchildren at the Government House on 7 Jan 2015.

BANGKOK — Thai junta leader and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha has instructed the media to stop asking children about whether they are familiar with his moral teachings, known as the "Twelve Values."

Gen. Prayuth told the nation in his weekly televised speech last night that reporters from some media agencies have been excessively testing children on whether they’ve memorized the "Twelve Values" that Gen. Prayuth says he wants all Thais to practice.

"They ask each kid, can you remember them? Can you recite them? It's a turnoff for the kids," Gen. Prayuth said. "That's not right. I have never forced anyone to do anything."

He did not specify any TV channel by name, but simply went on to urge "all TV channels and all media agencies" not to spoil the Twelve Values by repetitively asking children to recite them.

"It's useless. It doesn't cause any benefit. It's a waste of your energy,” Gen. Prayuth said. “This is something that I want all show producers, talk show hosts, especially the state-owned channels or channels that use state budgets, to think about. I don't want to force or direct anything for you."

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1422080185

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-01-24

• Like 1

Brain washed, brain dead kids. One of major problem in Thailand is the extremely poor level of Edcuation. Absolutely nothing is done to improve the situation for future generations. Such a pity.

Absolutely agree.

And with education being paramount to a strong democracy I hope the Junta prioritize this as past of their reform plan.

Nice post.

Have a lovely day my friend.

• Like 2

"Thai junta leader and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha has instructed the media..."

Go <deleted> yourself.

biggrin.png

"His statement last night appeared to be a change of tack, as the general has repeatedly urged ... the media and education establishments, to promote the "Twelve Values" publicly." blink.png

I guess the media was doing more questioning than urging. Shut 'em down. wai2.gifwai.gif

Prayuth’s 12 Values –

From the horse’s mouth –

"They ask each kid, can you remember them? Can you recite them? It's a turnoff for the kids," Gen. Prayuth said. Absolutely correct his 12 values are a massive turnoff for the kids….

"It's useless. It doesn't cause any benefit. It's a waste of your energy,” Gen. Prayuth said. Yes he was talking about kids learning the 12 values.

“This is something that I want all show producers, talk show hosts, especially the state-owned channels or channels that use state budgets, to think about. I don't want to force or direct anything for you." But if you don’t do what I want I’ll either have you shot or stop your budget. Haven’t decided which road I’ll take yet……..

• Like 2

Brain washed, brain dead kids. One of major problem in Thailand is the extremely poor level of Edcuation. Absolutely nothing is done to improve the situation for future generations. Such a pity.

Absolutely agree.

And with education being paramount to a strong democracy I hope the Junta prioritize this as past of their reform plan.

Nice post.

Have a lovely day my friend.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Your junta:

"That way, we won't fall into the trap of democracy."

http://www.khaosoden...406227&section=

Democracy is not my goal declared the PM Thaksin Shinawatra.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/PMS-DECLARATIONDemocracy-is-not-my-goal-90316.html

• Like 1

"Thai junta leader and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha has instructed the media to stop asking children about whether they are familiar with his moral teachings, known as the 'Twelve Values'..'.It's a turnoff for the kids.' "

The real reason is that the turnoff is loss of face. When children only have 10 fingers, they continually get stuck remembering #s 11 and 12.

Edited by jaltsc
  • Like 1

Your junta:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/PMS-DECLARATIONDemocracy-is-not-my-goal-90316.html

What 12 fukn years ago? is that your comment on Thailands government in 2015??? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Why not…You refer to an election 4 years ago to gauge the popularity of the PTP...

• Like 1

Which reminds me….Did he finish up banning the newspaper for printing material that he didn't like?

No. He lodged a complaint...

Turns out this undemocratic Junta is more democratic than the last "democratic" government...

I don't remember the last government owning half the terrestrial TV stations or running compulsory soviet style programming.

That is because you have a selective memory my dear friend.

Newspapers considered “critical” of the all shin governments had their advertisements pulled, first by the advertising agency owned by the thaksins family, then later by state enterprises under government control. Toeing the government line brought financial rewards. “Friendly” newspapers had been pleasantly surprised by the increased advertisements from business concerns related to the country’s CEO’s empire.

Soviet style programming?

The yingluck happy hour once week on TV? Or the red villages? Or the UDD schools?

If anything the Junta are mimicking the PTP. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. So when you accuse the Junta of being anti democratic you are inadvertently showing that they have the deepest respect for the PTP.

Nice post and have a lovely day my friend.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

Your junta:

What 12 fukn years ago? is that your comment on Thailands government in 2015??? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Why not…You refer to an election 4 years ago to gauge the popularity of the PTP...

Oh and if you are so much Khun Thai why not drop your Essendon avatar and Thai up?

• Like 1

Actually mate I haven't referred to anything and never will and please feel free to show me where I have. In this country I can't own land or real property, can't vote and can make no real contribution to Thai politics I am far more concerned with government in my own country than something I have no control over. This may be the place I reside but I have no delusions about whether Thai people give a fuk about what I think or any contribution I may make and if poo hits the fan I will up stumps and be out of the joint post haste. This is a country of convenience its a struggle to get residency so forget about citizenship so why would it concern me mate?

Um……Ok then. Nice rant.

Unlike stuttering parrot who refuses to acknowledge he was wrong when accusing me of something (typical PTP and UDD trait) I am not born of that ilk.

You are correct and I am wrong. You did not refer to elections in 2011 as I stated you did. So my apologies.

I should have said "Why not…Your peers refer to an election 4 years ago to gauge the popularity of the PTP...

Apologies again. I was incorrect in saying what I said.

Take note Stuttering Parrot. To err is human.

"This is something that I want all show producers, talk show hosts, especially the state-owned channels or channels that use state budgets, to think about. I don't want to force or direct anything for you."

Unless....

+1... sure, he is not forcing them.

Thanks mate apology accepted but unnecessary wai.gif It was a bit of a rant granted but for mine in the 17 years I have been here it really hasn't concerned me who is running the show. I am frequently more often wrong than right and in this forum everyone should have their opinion. Clearly that is the point, as I said though I am far more concerned with politics back in Oz than I ever will in Thailand but I also understand this is the big topic amongst Thai experts who seem to be not experts about Thailand but experts in Thai forums thumbsup.gif

Unless you lived here before 2002 you have never known anything but a Shinawatra govt. anyway and even if you did what bearing did it have on you as a falang living in Thailand??? ahh let me take a stab at it.. hmmm Fuk all yeh? So jump off your high horse and realise your political views are worth nothing here. So your options are go with the flow, accept that you have zero input in Thai politics or just fuk off if you aren't happy here.. Yeh? Sorted.

I'll second all the motions.

• Like 2

Thanks mate apology accepted but unnecessary wai.gif It was a bit of a rant granted but for mine in the 17 years I have been here it really hasn't concerned me who is running the show. I am frequently more often wrong than right and in this forum everyone should have their opinion. Clearly that is the point, as I said though I am far more concerned with politics back in Oz than I ever will in Thailand but I also understand this is the big topic amongst Thai experts who seem to be not experts about Thailand but experts in Thai forums thumbsup.gif

This forum is full of people that know best about everything. It is refreshing to read a post from someone who recognizes that it is none of our concern. I'm from Oz too and I left there because among other reasons, the government stinks and I realized that I could do &lt;deleted&gt; all about that either. Here I can ignore politics and just live out my life.

• Like 1

Bad reporting or translation error... which is true?

Thai junta leader and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha has instructed the media to stop asking children about whether they are familiar with his moral teachings, known as the "Twelve Values." or...

I have never forced anyone to do anything.

Also, although I don't support YL, why did she feel that she had to cancel her press conference yesterday?

• Like 1

Bad reporting or translation error... which is true?

Thai junta leader and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha has instructed the media to stop asking children about whether they are familiar with his moral teachings, known as the "Twelve Values." or...

I have never forced anyone to do anything.

Also, although I don't support YL, why did she feel that she had to cancel her press conference yesterday?

She didn't "feel" she had to the Army sent soldiers (with guns) and ordered her to not hold the press conference

but DJJamie, rubl and the other 'Junta Lovers' will say that's ok

• Like 2