Thais and Farang Food.

NoshowJones

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Have read most of the posts, and in my mind I think that, what they can eat is depending of where they are brought up, and where you live now, and also on top of that, how damn intimidating and authoritarian you guys are towards your wifes.

Up here in Isaan, letting my wife eat what in hell she want, I can tell you that they eat here on a daily basis Som Tam Som Tam and a little bit more Som Tam Bpoo palaa. They love their Palaa and the food shall be strong, spicey, and preferably smell rotten.

To have a dinner with friends means falangfood and thaifood. Not blaming the wife here, just informing you how it is!! My thoughts "why in hell force my wife to eat stuff that she do not like..... They love their thaifood"...... And what you guys hear down south is mostly bullshit, ladies afraid of saying right out in the open, what their wishes foodwise is!!

I have an american here and he is convienced beyond all reason that his wife love his food. He sends food with her to her work, and everybody at that school loves the food, that is what he hear all the time..... Bullshit.... The very same lady come home to my wife and eat thaifood (isaanfood). It has happen that this wife have given money to my wife asking her to make a really good dish for that evening for her to eat home at us....

I have seen so many falangs put a number on these girls pressing them to follow falangs own will, and I can understand the thailady..... The husband is a nice guy, often little bit older, but very nice man. But that guy do not have a clou..... American panncakes.. sure thai love their sweetes...... But I promise you, they REALLY wish to end their meals with rice and not falang potatoes.....

Just my thoughts.. right or wrong..... depending on where you live, but I live in Isaan..

Glegolo

ur

Its what and the quality of what they are exposed to. Mine loves Mexican, Indian and American Bbq. My Thai neighbors ask us when we are going to bbq some ribs with homemade sauce.....

Have read most of the posts, and in my mind I think that, what they can eat is depending of where they are brought up, and where you live now, and also on top of that, how damn intimidating and authoritarian you guys are towards your wifes.

Up here in Isaan, letting my wife eat what in hell she want, I can tell you that they eat here on a daily basis Som Tam Som Tam and a little bit more Som Tam Bpoo palaa. They love their Palaa and the food shall be strong, spicey, and preferably smell rotten.

To have a dinner with friends means falangfood and thaifood. Not blaming the wife here, just informing you how it is!! My thoughts "why in hell force my wife to eat stuff that she do not like..... They love their thaifood"...... And what you guys hear down south is mostly bullshit, ladies afraid of saying right out in the open, what their wishes foodwise is!!

I have an american here and he is convienced beyond all reason that his wife love his food. He sends food with her to her work, and everybody at that school loves the food, that is what he hear all the time..... Bullshit.... The very same lady come home to my wife and eat thaifood (isaanfood). It has happen that this wife have given money to my wife asking her to make a really good dish for that evening for her to eat home at us....

I have seen so many falangs put a number on these girls pressing them to follow falangs own will, and I can understand the thailady..... The husband is a nice guy, often little bit older, but very nice man. But that guy do not have a clou..... American panncakes.. sure thai love their sweetes...... But I promise you, they REALLY wish to end their meals with rice and not falang potatoes.....

Just my thoughts.. right or wrong..... depending on where you live, but I live in Isaan..

Glegolo

ur

. And what you guys hear down south is mostly bullshit, ladies afraid of saying right out in the open, what their wishes foodwise is!!

I dont hear anything, I witness it with my own two eyes, go into any large shopping mall such as Fashion Island or Seacon Square, see for yourself, Thais waiting in line to eat in a Japanese/Korean buffet, Sizzler, Macdonalds, Pizza Hut and KFC, all full of Thais eating with other Thais, no farang forcing them in.

My mrs cooks and eats, Indian, Mexican and Italian food.

She gets bored with cooking Thai food for me, she loves trying new recipes and fusion cooking.

Personally I love Southern Thai food.

Glegolo

ur

. And what you guys hear down south is mostly bullshit, ladies afraid of saying right out in the open, what their wishes foodwise is!!

I dont hear anything, I witness it with my own two eyes, go into any large shopping mall such as Fashion Island or Seacon Square, see for yourself, Thais waiting in line to eat in a Japanese/Korean buffet, Sizzler, Macdonalds, Pizza Hut and KFC, all full of Thais eating with other Thais, no farang forcing them in.

My mrs cooks and eats, Indian, Mexican and Italian food.

She gets bored with cooking Thai food for me, she loves trying new recipes and fusion cooking.

Personally I love Southern Thai food.

I have been in to a lot of McDonalds and what thai do eat there..... a) thai dishes B) chicken (of course) c) french friche.....

I have been into pizza hut, they do eating pizza yes, with what on top.... THAI FOOD (of course)..... and it goes on and on and on....

So maybe you not onloy shall look at the guests there, Plse do also look at their plates and what they are eating....

But as I wrote if you didn´t notice that!! I live in Isaan and do not have too much knowledge about nthe south, more than a general say that thai sometimes eat what they "SUPPOSE TO EAT" underr certain circumstances...

But thai eating asian food... come on... is THAT falangfood or what do you mean??

Glegolo

my wife loves farang food but i have to limited it otherwise she gets a little bit big(sorry babe bit it is the truth)...

Goto to love the isaan street food.

Mmmmmm yummy inestines filled with sand a pigs foot with chicken gizzard yummy yummy .

With that strange kind of taste for food, maybe the rest of us will NOT see a third post from you????

Glegolo

When I took the wife to Greece, she wouldn't eat for 2 weeks as she didn't liked the food there.

Only fresh fish was her favorite.........costed me a fortune............

Nowadays she is into farang food....in fact, so much that she eats whatever I cook, leaving me looking puzzled into my empty plate.

Learned the lesson.......I cook for 2, now............

Fish was expensive in Greece?

How times change..

my wife loves farang food but i have to limited it otherwise she gets a little bit big(sorry babe bit it is the truth)...

Goto to love the isaan street food.

Mmmmmm yummy inestines filled with sand a pigs foot with chicken gizzard yummy yummy .

I see username obliged...

My wife liked McDonald's FF before she met me.

We eat mostly spicey

Issaan/Thai and I don't try to change that. Occasionally I eat something western to take on some calories and offer her to taste it.

Usually she tries it and agrees it to be good but has never requested an encore.

Edited by KMartinHandyman

• 4 weeks later...

She loves fois gras but blue cheese to her is like garlic to a vampire!

Funny that. blue cheese is one of the few faranf food items my wife enjoys and she loves it.

Most other western food she wont touch .

And she wouldnt know fois gras if it sh-t in her hair.